New Guy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
New Guy

Hi all. I honestly never thought I'd say it but as of yesterday, I'm the proud new poppa of a 2013 GT. For a laundry list of reasons they weren't on my radar but drove a friends Friday afternoon and was at the dealer by 8AM EST Saturday (before they even opened) morning and driving one home by Noon EST. It was quite literally love at first drive.

I'm not extremely familiar with the various packages but know I don't have the track package, but do have Brembo's, 3:73 gears and the Tech Package. Total vehicle cost was $38,500 if that helps narrow down the goodies.

Anyway, I'm not new to performance cars as some of my recents have been, and most modded, a 2009 C55 AMG Mercedes, a 2010 Grand Cherokee SRT8 and a 2011 C6 Corvette to name a few. Also, this isn't my first Mustang. My first car was a 1964 1/2 (6 cyl, at least i think it was a 6) and after I wrapped it around a tree (because it was my first car and I was an idiot back then), I picked up a co-workers 77 Mustang with a 302.

As you can probably readily see I go through cars pretty quickly (my 2013 GT is number 44 or 45 - have to double check the math. After 40 you tend to lose count.

A big influence in my decision was that a buddy of mine owns a speed shop that specializes in Mustangs so he's graciously volunteered to start taking my money and building this GT up to be a bit of a sleeper (if there is such a thing with a GT). He's been telling me to buy one for years so I finally listened.

All in all I couldn't be happier and I'm looking forward to getting to know the car, and other owners, better in the upcoming months.

Thanks and feel free to fire away with questions.
madGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Welcome! Great story but to put it lightly, the buck stops here lol. Mustangs can become a lifestyle. You are all pony or no pony. It's like you have a mustang or you have junk. American Muscle is the best place for any mustang part. They are great. If you want ideas for your car, just as. Post us some pictures.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ha, thanks. I just posted a few shots of Day 1 on my profile (excellent App by the way - makes it very convenient).

Thanks and I'll check out American Muscle. I do a few "standard" mods usually within the first month (tint, lowering and exhaust) so I'll be checking out, and posting my 500 questions, in the appropriate site areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Nice ride, welcome aboard. If you really wanna make it a sleeper, disguise it like a V6. That would be sweet.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Nice ride, welcome aboard. If you really wanna make it a sleeper, disguise it like a V6. That would be sweet.
Now that would be fun.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Welcome!!!
Thanks! I feel a part of the family already.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Welcome
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings