New guy from central IN - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
New guy from central IN

How's it goin everyone? My names Austin. You can call me Shutt. I just traded my 03 gmc 1500 for a 2000 gt. figured I'd join the forums for any advice and help from all of you great folks. It is a 5sp has bbk cai and short tube headers. Accufab tb. Traction bars and subframe connectors. Lowered 1.5 in back and 1 in front I think? I forgot what all he said. Supposedly has high flow cats and flowmasters but just seems really quite. Once the weather gets nice I'm checkin what gears I'm running. Only downside is that I don't like the wheels that were on it (looks like boss knock off wheels)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-560742247.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	741.2 KB
ID:	89160
Shutt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Welcome to the forums!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome and nice stang.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hi and welcome!!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
welcome
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome from Monticello, Indiana.
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Shutt

Welcome to Mustang Evolution!! You've definitely come to the right place if you're looking tor answers to you Mustang question. There are a lot of members here with so much knowledge and experience and are willing to share their experiences. Have fun! I luv the wheels that are on your ride.
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Welcome
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming.
And
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV View Post
Hi Shutt

Welcome to Mustang Evolution!! You've definitely come to the right place if you're looking tor answers to you Mustang question. There are a lot of members here with so much knowledge and experience and are willing to share their experiences. Have fun! I luv the wheels that are on your ride.
Man from a distance they can be liked, but there's something about them that just doesn't make them look right on a mustang. Really interested in gettin some fr500s or cobra wheels. Havnt decided yet
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Welcome Shutt!!! Love the car!! With you on the rims. Could trade them to somebody wanting to pimp their Cadillac! One piece of advice. Call the guy back and make a list of all the mods. If you plan on doing any additional mods that require tuning, a list just might be necessary. Beautiful car!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Welcome Shutt!!! Love the car!! With you on the rims. Could trade them to somebody wanting to pimp their Cadillac! One piece of advice. Call the guy back and make a list of all the mods. If you plan on doing any additional mods that require tuning, a list just might be necessary. Beautiful car!
Thanks man! +1 on trading to someone wanting to pimp their caddy. Too bad they'd need adapters.
Here's a short list of some of the things that's done: Has some bolt ons. BBK headers,high flow cats,flowmasters, bbk cai, accufab throttle body etc. may have an upper plenum, I havnt checked though. traction bars subframe connectors. Said it had a tune to get rid of the code thrown by the cats but the tuner didnt come with the car.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutt28 View Post

Thanks man! +1 on trading to someone wanting to pimp their caddy. Too bad they'd need adapters.
Here's a short list of some of the things that's done: Has some bolt ons. BBK headers,high flow cats,flowmasters, bbk cai, accufab throttle body etc. may have an upper plenum, I havnt checked though. traction bars subframe connectors. Said it had a tune to get rid of the code thrown by the cats but the tuner didnt come with the car.
Try to get that tuner. It'd be useless to him. Lol. They can worry about the spacers. It's a beautiful car. Congratulations and welcome to the family. There are some very very smart guys on here.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome man, I like the mustang...I think she looks good! I live the Muncie area. Is the mustang your daily driver? I have one ordered, and I'm trading in my F150 for it. I'm gonna love the increase in gas mileage, but I'm nervous about giving up the utility of a bed, and having a 4x4.
scott2683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2683 View Post
Welcome man, I like the mustang...I think she looks good! I live the Muncie area. Is the mustang your daily driver? I have one ordered, and I'm trading in my F150 for it. I'm gonna love the increase in gas mileage, but I'm nervous about giving up the utility of a bed, and having a 4x4.
Appreciate it man! And yea she's my daily. For now at least. And I feel ya. I have a couple dirt bikes and I race so giving up the bed was hard. But my dad has 2 trucks so If I'm in need I can take one of his trucks. And I'll miss the 4x4 for sure. Was always fun to go off roading a bit. That's why we have a jeep still though
Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm kinda in the same boat, my brother has a truck, so if I need to use one, I'm sure he'd let me borrow his. I'll probably buy an older 4x4 before next winter. I'm not sure how the mustang would do in much snow. But hell put some sandbags in the back and some blizzaks and I'd probably be ok.

You're car is really good looking though. I bet it sounds mean! Is it your first Mustang?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2683 View Post
I'm kinda in the same boat, my brother has a truck, so if I need to use one, I'm sure he'd let me borrow his. I'll probably buy an older 4x4 before next winter. I'm not sure how the mustang would do in much snow. But hell put some sandbags in the back and some blizzaks and I'd probably be ok.

You're car is really good looking though. I bet it sounds mean! Is it your first Mustang?
Yea I'm movin to Orlando for a year for MMI in September so I'm not in much need of the truck at the time being. When I come back In February 2015 ill be lookin for one. With the little snow we got over the weekend it wasn't the easiest thing to drive lol. But yes it is my first. In fact my first ford I've always had a GM truck except for my camaro a couple years back.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah down in Orlando you won't need a 4x4 at all,I'm pretty jealous, I'd love to move somewhere warm! like I said snow is my only reservation as well. I've owned several fords. I like ford and GM, I'm not too much of a dodge guy, although I love old mopar, I have a 71 duster.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Oh for sure man. It's gonna be nice. And +1 on not liking dodge :p I've never been a dodge fan myself.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hello, welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #21
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Welcome aboard!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings