Hello from the Motor City - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Hello from the Motor City

Hey everyone! I've been lurking for the past 2-3 months and finally decided to join. I took ownership of my baby April 2012. I had a deal that was too good to pass up. My bestfriend was selling it with 64xxx and gave it to me for $9,000. The car is clean and was bone stock when I purchased it. It is an 06 Gt 5 speed. I have added a laundry list of mods since I took ownership of the car, it's very addicting!

The perforamce mods that I have put in it are an Airaid CAI, Bama tune, Borla Stinger axle backs, and Hurst shifter.

In the interior I put in a Pioneer DVD receiver, satin silver seat release levers, and trunk release button.

I have done some exterior mods too. Put on an Eleanor grille, sequential taillights, painted the calipers black, smoked out the tail lights and tail side markers, and Sylania Silverstar ultra bulbs in both head/fogs.

This past Saturday I ordered myself some chrome Bullit wheels. 18x9 and 18x10 wrapped in 225/45 and 285/40 Nitto NT555. These should be ready Monday. Just waiting for my flush mount valve stems to come in so I can drop them off at the tire shop. Very excited!!

The current project I'm working on is putting together a suspension upgrade. I've bought the SR springs, got them on sale, so for the price thought I'd give them a try. If i don't like them I'll get something else. I also have bought an adjustable panhard bar and LCAs. Still on my list of parts to purchase is caster/camber plates, UCA, and shocks/struts.

I have a lot of questions that hopefully can get answered here. Look forward to getting to know all of you! Maybe if your in the Detroit area or even in the LP of Michigan we can meet up. I take a lot of trips in the summer.

-Andrew
Silver06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome to the site. Post some pics of your car.. I'm from the Detroit area also. March 23rd there is a Mustang show/swap meet at Village Ford if you looking to get more parts.
Bong Toke Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome!!
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Welcome to the ME Andrew.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Welcome to ME! Post up some pictures of your 06' GT, we'd love to check it out. It sounds like you didn't waste any time modding it, keep up the great work!

Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone!

Bong Toke Bobby one of my coworkers has been telling me about the Mustang show/swap, think I'm going to need to check it out.

Here's some pictures of the car. This is all I've got right now. I'll try to get out this weekend and take some better ones. It's supossed to be in the upper 40s.

This is the car about a week after I got it.

Rear end with the Borla's

Front end with the Eleanor grille. I have put a Tri-pony emblem on the drivers side since this picture. I believe the stripes were put on as a dealer option and they are faded like crazy. Thats going to be another project when it warms up.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver06GT
Thanks everyone!

Bong Toke Bobby one of my coworkers has been telling me about the Mustang show/swap, think I'm going to need to check it out.

Here's some pictures of the car. This is all I've got right now. I'll try to get out this weekend and take some better ones. It's supossed to be in the upper 40s.

This is the car about a week after I got it.

Rear end with the Borla's

Front end with the Eleanor grille. I have put a Tri-pony emblem on the drivers side since this picture. I believe the stripes were put on as a dealer option and they are faded like crazy. Thats going to be another project when it warms up.
Wow that car is clean! Ganna look awesome with your new wheels
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just got a call from the tire shop and the wheels and tires came in 2 days ahead of when they told me they would be in and I just got my flush mount valve stems from AM in the mail today! Hopefully I can pick them up tomorrow or Monday...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings