Hi! Ford fan from Spain - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Hi! Ford fan from Spain

Hi guys! This is Alex from Spain and I've been reading this forums for a while now. I've been a Ford fan for years (I've owned myself a '88 Ford Sierra, a '01 Ford Cougar and a '10 Ford Fiesta). I'm looking for a Mustang for around 12k € (like $14-15k) but here in Europe it's a pretty rare model so prices are higher than in the US for what I've seen.

Look, I have a little issue and I would like you to help me:

The Mustangs I've found in Spain are either really high priced or look like WTF , so I started looking in near countries (France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany...) and I found these two V6 (I'm not looking for a V8 right now because here in Europe gas prices is about $8-10 per gallon depending on zones). One is a bit older but both look great and pretty stock.

It sucks to have a car in Spain because we have so many taxes, absurdly high gas prices and almost al new modifications have to be approved for the government... yes... it's getting really commie down here... So one option is a '03 3.8 V6 from the Netherlands and a '05 4.0 V6 located in Germany.

MUSTANG 2003 V6

MUSTANG 2005 V6

The second one is a little bit... strange. I mean, it says it is a V6 but it looks like the GT model, but it doesn't have the GT badges on. Dual exhaust, etc. It's pretty cheap to fly to other countries inside the EU and it's cheap and easy to make all license requirements, so the only consideration here is What would you do? One of them is like half the price so I could get it easier... But I really love the newer one, a little bit more than the other one... What would you do?

And by the way, If you're curious about what's going on in this stupid remake of the USSR called European Union, just ask. Great to be here, and I hope to be a new Mustang owner soon (I'm already a fan)
C3RV4NTE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hi and welcome
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Welcome!!!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hello and welcome ... I would go with the second one
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Bienvenido...

IMHO I would go with the newer pony. Have an independent agent inspect the car before you fly to where it is and have him coach you on that country's purchase/export laws as well as España's import laws. Hope everything turns out OK and that you become a proud Mustanger soon!
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Go with The 2005 .., if you don't get what you want the first time you will keep trying later
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Welcome from Spain--You talking buying V6 Mustang because of high gas prices--check out specs on differance in gas milage between a 6 and an 8. From what i've seen a V8 gets better gas milage than a V6. Mustang is a heavy car and from what I can gather a V8 has an easier time pushing the weight of the car. I get 17 mpg with my V6 and V8 owners are saying they get much better milage.
pamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Welcome as well. Good ideas above. FYI...my 03 V6 Ranger gets around 16/17 and the 5.0 does an easy 20/22 mpg. Glad we're still under 4.00/gal.
Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Welcome, I think this is the first time I have ever conversed with someone from Spain. Get the newer one.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Welcome aboard!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Bienvenido...

IMHO I would go with the newer pony. Have an independent agent inspect the car before you fly to where it is and have him coach you on that country's purchase/export laws as well as España's import laws. Hope everything turns out OK and that you become a proud Mustanger soon!

Thanks for the advice Yes, I like the newer one better, but I think the decision will be made when I know all the regulations and stuff when importing the cars. Well, there shouldn't be too many because we're all in the economic union which has this kind of advantages, but what I'm really afraid of is the taxes attached to both cars in Spain. When I have all the numbers on the table, then I'll decide. I want to get rid of my 320d diesel BMW. It's a great car and I get like 36MPG constantly but diesels are so freaking expensive to mantain, they're boring, slow and make a lot of noise and vibrations. Yes, even on BMW's, diesel just suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruiz42 View Post
Go with The 2005 .., if you don't get what you want the first time you will keep trying later

Yep, that's what I'm afraid of. At least I'm not obsessed with the idea of having a V8, I would love to have a V6. I had a Cougar V6 and I loved that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamson View Post
Welcome from Spain--You talking buying V6 Mustang because of high gas prices--check out specs on differance in gas milage between a 6 and an 8. From what i've seen a V8 gets better gas milage than a V6. Mustang is a heavy car and from what I can gather a V8 has an easier time pushing the weight of the car. I get 17 mpg with my V6 and V8 owners are saying they get much better milage.

Yes, I know that, but it's not only because of gas prices. Insurance for a V8 in Spain is really high, we have lots of taxes for everything and not specially cheap. Also the car is so much more expensive to buy here in Europe, because it's an imported rare car. There are very few and demand is high across all motor enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
Welcome, I think this is the first time I have ever conversed with someone from Spain. Get the newer one.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Excuse me for my English, I know it's not perfect. I hope I can make a decision soon and finally become a Mustang owner. That has been my desire through all my life and I want to fulfill that dream soon.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You're english is excellent!
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I would go with the 2nd one since it is a newer model.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
welcome
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you guys
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Real Madrid or FC Barcelona?
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Real Madrid or FC Barcelona?
Real Madrid!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings