Greetings from Daytona Beach - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Greetings from Daytona Beach

Hey everyone.

New Mustang owner here. Just got rid of my Dodge Grand Caravan and bought a 2009 Mustang coupe. Had the car three days now and absolutely love it. So it's only a V6 pony, low mileage, immaculate condition but this car is a dream to drive.

It also seems like driving a Mustang makes you part of a community as I've already had several compliments from other Mustang drivers.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Congrats..... Welcome to ME
Old 05-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the welcome Maldog. I'm afraid I probably have some newbie stupid questions to ask but here goes...

#1 - I'm coming from a Dodge Caravan and a Camry before that. They were very quiet cars. My Mustang seems really loud. I guess it's supposed to be that way?

#2 - I had the car out on the highway today, doing 80mph+ the car seems rather feisty. Hit a bad stretch of road and could feel every bump in the road. Again, I guess that's the difference between driving a Mustang and a grocery getter.

This is my first pony car, I love everything about it. It's a thrill to drive. Where my previous cars were utility vehicles, this car is my baby. I'm already addicted and looking into upgrades. Would appreciate any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
Thanks for the welcome Maldog. I'm afraid I probably have some newbie stupid questions to ask but here goes...

#1 - I'm coming from a Dodge Caravan and a Camry before that. They were very quiet cars. My Mustang seems really loud. I guess it's supposed to be that way?

#2 - I had the car out on the highway today, doing 80mph+ the car seems rather feisty. Hit a bad stretch of road and could feel every bump in the road. Again, I guess that's the difference between driving a Mustang and a grocery getter.

This is my first pony car, I love everything about it. It's a thrill to drive. Where my previous cars were utility vehicles, this car is my baby. I'm already addicted and looking into upgrades. Would appreciate any help.
Welcome
#1: the exhaust has been changed, if its to loud for your taste, go back to stock mufflers.

#2: get some mitchlen tires
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hi and welcome
Old 05-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hi, congrats and welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Welcome
#1: the exhaust has been changed, if its to loud for your taste, go back to stock mufflers.

#2: get some mitchlen tires
Thanks, The exhaust is stock, no modifications. After seeing maldogs car and checking out a video for the SLP Loudmouth, that's going to be one of my first mods. What I meant was you can hear and feel the engine but I guess you're supposed to because a Mustang isn't a Camry.

I've got brand new Cooper Zeon RS3-A's. The car handles phenomenal, just takes a bit of getting used to coming from a minivan
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Welcome!
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Welcome and congrats on your new life long love :p
Old 05-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #10

Region: Colorado
Quote:

Oh man you sound just like me. I had a Toyota Sienna before my mustang but once my kids got older and headed to college I traded it in for a mustang asap and didn't listen to my wife (She's driving a Honda Civic now). When I get a new car, for the first week, I drive it SLOW. As if I have a newborn in the back. First time I drove it on a 50 mph stretch of road, no traffic, I started accelerating and the sound of the engine roaring just scared the daylights out of me. It took awhile to get used to it, but you will eventually. Congrats on your new baby!
sjalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

#1 yes it is louder you will hear more exhaust and engine than in the caravan.

#2 Yes and yes! The 4.0 will want to go faster than 80. Mine loves going 85! You will feel more the road more since it has a live rear axle which your caravan probably had an independent rear suspension and front wheel drive
Old 05-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Same here @sjalks, oldest just graduated college, youngest is in sophomore year. First time I've ever had a car for fun. My wife loves it and now she wants a Mustang convertible !!!

@99ford - I love the ride and handling on this car more every day as I'm getting used to it. I can't stop taking the car out for a drive. I've already put 250 miles on it in less than one week.

It's amazing how fast a Mustang becomes a complete addiction.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings