Old Man & A Stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #1

Region: Oregon
Old Man & A Stang

In 1995 I was raising 3 kids,mired in the day to day grind of workin' and just trying to survive.I had a 35 mile one way commute,70 miles a day and really brutal traffic.At first I drove a frikin' Maxdaa 323 or some little 4 cylinder beater to get me there and back dayly.For about a year or so.Then by some fate,that Mazda was sputterin' and with that commute I had to get some different whells.Somehow a local dealer had a 6 cylinder,Mustang-cloth seats,manual windows-BASIC.But it was a sweet ride compared to that Mazda POS.I put 195,000 miles on that beast and spent nothing on any major repair.Sold it and bought a 2003 Ford Escape (new)at the time and had that till now.Another good Ford product,in fact,my wife drives an '02,combined we put 200,000 miles on the both of them.Sold my Escape,we are down to one vehicle.Pulled the trigger last week on a 2010 GT premo( nav system} and everything you can put in this PONY is in it.From the ambient lighting,lighted doorsills,nav system,sync system,heated leather seats---I have my dream car. I used to think when I punched my 3.8 6 cylinder into passing gear and got a mini rush,the beast I am now throws me into the seat and headrest and gets the blood to flowin'!The growl of my GT now compared to that 6 cylinder-WOW!!!!!Me and the wife just did a 125 mile Cascade Mountain day trip-blew out a Camaro and a Charger in the hills.We all thumbed up at the end. Old man here with my much deserved Stang.Havin' fun.
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Congrats bro, and welcome
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
There's a special bond between a man and his stang,...something my wife is learning to hate lol congrats on the new car!
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
There's a special bond between a man and his stang,...something my wife is learning to hate lol congrats on the new car!
Lol to the wife
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
So true. I too just pulled the trigger on my 2013 Stang. Wife said the other day that the car has gotten more attention than her lately. She's never seen me so infatuated with a car before.

Lol, so what should a husband do when faces with that statement?. I bought her a new car last weekend.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post

So true. I too just pulled the trigger on my 2013 Stang. Wife said the other day that the car has gotten more attention than her lately. She's never seen me so infatuated with a car before.

Lol, so what should a husband do when faces with that statement?. I bought her a new car last weekend.
Lol welcome to the brotherhood
Old 05-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Nice! Congrats!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Nice, welcome!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #9

Region: Oregon
I called the wife from the dealership AFTER I HAD SIGNED ON THE LINE,She was pissed,till I got home with the Stang,now she is braggin' to eerybody about it and made life easy,don't ya know. We are very coniving ,are we not?!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by textab View Post
I called the wife from the dealership AFTER I HAD SIGNED ON THE LINE,She was pissed,till I got home with the Stang,now she is braggin' to eerybody about it and made life easy,don't ya know. We are very coniving ,are we not?!
Lmao! Sounds like my Dad. Hehe!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Congrats man! I thankfully got mine while not married and had no one to tell me no! Lol.

And there is nothing better than having a woman talking to you from the passenger seat and to punch the gas. One of the few things that will shut a woman up quick
Old 05-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have a 12 gt. I was looking at other cars. It was my wife that pushed me towards the mustangs. The second I left the lot on the test drive it was sold!
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
+1. We've got into a few arguments over it! Lol. Congrats on the new ride man! Got any pics??
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
From one old man to another, welcome.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1000 except I have a husband LOL. I told him..it's a mustang thing, you wouldnt understand hahaha.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

And Welcome. You really always keep coming back to mustangs...once you own one you cant not have one ever again. Post up some pics!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats and welcome
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Congrats from an even older old man...you'll love it.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
I have been waiting two months for my GT to be delivered and my wife already hates it!
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Congratulations and enjoy. I got my GT last year and I really love it! I haven't obsessed over a car like this in many many years!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Congrats! I'm a young man, knowing that your past 20 years could be my next 20, and that's why I bought my stang now...if I didn't, I'd be an old man by the time I could do it. My girl pushed me toward the stang and away from the 370Z...thank God! Enjoy the new pony!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
Congrats! I'm a young man, knowing that your past 20 years could be my next 20, and that's why I bought my stang now...if I didn't, I'd be an old man by the time I could do it. My girl pushed me toward the stang and away from the 370Z...thank God! Enjoy the new pony!
Your girls a keeper. Although the 370z looks bad ***, I would never park a rice burner in my driveway.Be American, buy American.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
America f ya lol thought was appropriate for today lol and congrats let the mods begin
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Your girls a keeper. Although the 370z looks bad ***, I would never park a rice burner in my driveway.Be American, buy American.
Haha, it is a nice car, I did test drive one. I like all cars, so where the brand is based doesn't matter to me, especially since there's really no American made or foreign made cars, they're all made all over the world now. I knew I was buying the pony when I turned the key and heard the sound, then when I stepped on it. Like the OP said, when you step on it and get pinned back, just puts a smile on my face.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Dec,7, 1941
Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dec,7, 1941
My dad said the same thing until he drove my Toyota tundra.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

My dad said the same thing until he drove my Toyota tundra.
Not saying there not a nice ride. I'm old enough to have had the privilege to know many WWII vets. I've heard more horror stories about Japs than Hitler could've only dreamed of. They were into cannibalism big time on American soldiers. I've also worked with many Jap engineers, if you think they've forgotten the war, your sadly mistaken.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not saying there not a nice ride. I'm old enough to have had the privilege to know many WWII vets. I've heard more horror stories about Japs than Hitler could've only dreamed of. They were into cannibalism big time on American soldiers. I've also worked with many Jap engineers, if you think they've forgotten the war, your sadly mistaken.
Oh I don't disagree with anything your saying. When I got my truck there honestly wasn't a good american truck IMHO. GM was/is garbage. Ford was crappy, etc. Onward. If I were to buy a truck right now it would be a Ford. You would have had to fight me to get a Ford back in 2007.

I chose the Toyota based on not ruining my personal life by having a crappy truck to support that cause. What happened was an amazing comeback from Ford.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
Nice!! I was a hardcore Nissan fan and I was dead set on getting the 370z when it came out... I'm so happy I ran into the new 5.0 when I did, if not that's what I would be driving now, its still a hot car... But these Mustangs are so much more fun!! I never had so much fun modding a car
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats sir In 95' I was 4... I hope I never get old
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Congrats sir In 95' I was 4... I hope I never get old
Young! I was 7. Lol.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Oh I don't disagree with anything your saying. When I got my truck there honestly wasn't a good american truck IMHO. GM was/is garbage. Ford was crappy, etc. Onward. If I were to buy a truck right now it would be a Ford. You would have had to fight me to get a Ford back in 2007.

I chose the Toyota based on not ruining my personal life by having a crappy truck to support that cause. What happened was an amazing comeback from Ford.
One of my company trucks is a 2001 ford with 230k miles & no issues. It's a damn good truck. But I also have 2 tundras.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Guess you boys missed out on the good ol days of Bill Clinton.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post

One of my company trucks is a 2001 ford with 230k miles & no issues. It's a damn good truck. But I also have 2 tundras.
I have 2 Ford 4x4 trucks. The 01 has 340k, the 06 has 300k. All I've done to either one, is have the transmission rebuilt on the 01 at 300k. I've had a Ford truck since 1978, no engine work of any kind.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Well my tundra has 80K miles no issues.

I was actually referring to the stopping power, ability to move, traction. Etc. The 2007 F150 was scary to drive compared to the 2007 tundra. 2007 F150 felt like it wouldn't stop. I skidded through an intersection once in a 96 F150 I had for a little while.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta weigh in on this one. First of all textab...Congrats on your new purchase. I think you're gonna love it.
I've told my story before, but I'm age 58 & my wife has NEVER said no to any car I've wanted to buy. Only thing she's ever said is, OK as long as we can afford it. Not long after we purchased our (her) 2013 GT premium (6m) , she encouraged me to look into buying one for ME. MY 2014 GT Premium is currently on order. This Gal is definitely a keeper.
"I've been having a mid life crisis since I got my license at 16"
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings