2012 Gt black on black - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2012 Gt black on black

What's up guys! I've been around on this forum before, then I disappeared for awhile and now I'm back but in the Gt Section quick little story for everyone! so on the first week of January I was sent to rehab and my parents sold my 2011 V6 with all the mods an everything. heart breaking:/ things went good for a couple weeks after I got out but then went bad quickly. I was placed back in chemical dependency 62 days ago and have been clean for 63 days total now! As a gift and some trust from the parents, we started talking about 2 weeks ago about a car and well my dad finally cracked this Saturday! now before anyone says oh this is a spoiled 17 year old kid, I'm paying for most of it. they matched what I had saved up which was about 7,500 so I had $15000 total. we got the car for about $26,500 including taxes and all. I owe my dad $7000 over the next couple years. no date set and all. Another reason my dad gave in is that I will be going off to college next year so what will be staying home? that's right! the mustang, so he will have a toy to play with lol oh and I pay all the gas and half the insurance which is 175 a month (so I'm paying $90 a month). Back to what everyone actually cares about... she's a 2012 Gt Premium with 17,072.3 miles on her atm, leather, my color, all the goodies. no mods but will probably black out the tail lights and side marker lights and tint the fogs. (not sure on color tho) oh and the picture of me in my kroger shirt was the night they brought her home and suprised me. we had gone and looked at her early that morning and my dad walked on the salesman but went back and worked his magic and got him to come down almost 3k lol I'm still learning manual, but it's getting better! any tips for starting from a stand still? thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4112419406.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	114470   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4062649031.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	114471  

Name:	image-913082862.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	114472   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-403151468.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	114473  

Name:	image-2494552960.png
Views:	140
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	114474  
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Congrats, good luck staying clean. You have a hard row to hoe, if your friends bring you down, there not your friends to start with. I had to put my son in treatment last August on his 16 birthday, he's just now coming around. Your gonna get a lot of hate, just let it slide off your back, and make your parents proud.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Congrats on the car and staying clean. You might as well lose all your friends that you hung out with before how do I know cause I had to. My mom is close to 50 still fighting addictions she always ran back to her old friends every time she got out of rehab. Anyways new friends will come. Car guys are some of the most positive people I've ever been around. Tip on rolling out. Push the clutch all the way in and use your heel as a pivot point. Start lifting off and when u can't retract your foot any more start pulling the whole foot off the floor. These cars have plenty of torque to take off without using any throttle. Practice that so u can get a feel for the clutch then add throttle. Good luck brother.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Nice car. I really like black on these mustangs, look great.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Congrats, good luck staying clean. You have a hard row to hoe, if your friends bring you down, there not your friends to start with. I had to put my son in treatment last August on his 16 birthday, he's just now coming around. Your gonna get a lot of hate, just let it slide off your back, and make your parents proud.
I agree man congrats on staying clean keep going its along road but in the end you'll look back on how great your life is now and how bad it was and didn't even know it. My best friend went through the same thing he's been clean 4 years now it's really amazing we went back to school got his degree and has a great job and on the weekends we go out to shows and show everyone who's boss and you will too with that new 5.0. And with the clutch problem start in second gear so you won't bulldoze into the car in front of you that car has plenty of power and torque to get it going from 2nd even on a hill and if you're scared on a hill pull the e brake and once you fell it to move gently let the e brake out so you won't roll into the car behind you I did that once when my dad was showing me how to drive lol. But good luck man let us see how that beauty turns out!!
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats on staying clean bro! No high Is better than the one you will get from driving that new stang around. Stay positive and good luck with the car.
Twisted 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted 13 View Post
Congrats on staying clean bro! No high Is better than the one you will get from driving that new stang around. Stay positive and good luck with the car.
+1
Old 06-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Congrats on the new car and the new start on life! Stay strong brother, life is more enjoyable on this side of sobriety.

Moved to new user "re"-introductions

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Welcome back and here is to a fresh start!
Old 06-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Congrats on staying clean brother, and nice nice Stang. Welcome back!!

Love the black on these as well. I have mine almost blacked out, just waiting on my headlight covers to get here. Tips on rolling from a standstill? Id say just keep both your feet steady, easy with the gas and easy with the clutch is the ticket. Remember, slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Good luck man, and again Congrats on everything youve got a bright future and enjoy that beautiful 5.0 of yours!!
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
thank you! I spent my 17th birthday in treatment.. it was rough and finding out they sold my mustang on it made it worse:/
Old 06-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483 View Post

thank you! I spent my 17th birthday in treatment.. it was rough and finding out they sold my mustang on it made it worse:/
Dude where ru from in Tx
Old 06-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post

Dude where ru from in Tx
southlake Texas! it's near dfw lol
Old 06-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Nice! I'm in San Antonio my best friend lives in dfw but he's an Import guy 😝
Old 06-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hi, welcome back.Congrats on staying clean.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings