California Specials - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Question California Specials

Where are you? I've found/seen some of your garages by chance and passed a mere handful on the roads....and always catch my eye as you might expect. Where's your CS call home?
There's probably an easy way to check the ME site and figure it out, but haven't found the route yet. Getting ready for winter (storage) so this may be my "fix".
Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2011 red candy metallic convert, A/T--here in Dallas, TX--originally from SF, CA where I sailed the Bay for many years in my 20' Newport--original owner was owner of the Newport and built the "Second Wind" to withstand the Bay waters. Anyhow, that was many moons ago. Sure do miss it. Yeah, this is my 1st GT and of course it had to be a CS. I just love it. Have done some minor mods so far--but more to come!
lesgtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
2013 Deep Impact Blue over here in Columbia, MO. I do not have a garage loaded on here...but I guess thats my sign to get going on it
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hii, Palm Beach County,FL here! Black 2013!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #5

Region: Nevada
2011 Black in Las Vegas
MAR2011GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Hi, welcome
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome!
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Hatman: Did u get the msg I sent today?

"Hatman: Yes, this is the real thing. I got lots of other photos that I'll have to upload. I bot it used w/29500 mi on it, but in great shape. So far, I'v dressed up the engine, bought a hide-a-way bracket for my front plate, got a special plate (Texas), struts for the hood, replaced headlite bulbs, dropped in a K&N air filter, switched to Mobil1 full syn and K&N oil filter and have been using 93 octane. Bot some lowering springs, but they're are only for coupes--must return them. Yes, it's a purebred GTCS, but didnt come w/side strips. Fog lites are in the grille, which I like and the racing horse is black set in the grille also. Since using 93 octane and other above changes my mpg went from 14.5 to 18-20--worth the change. The car's a beast! Really moves--for me anyway. I'm not going to go too heavy on the mods. Probably, lowering and that's it. Since I'm from SF, CA and a diehard Niner fan the only thing I would change is the interior and top to tan. That's it. Have a good one."
Old 11-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesgtcs View Post
Hatman: Did u get the msg I sent today? "Hatman: Yes, this is the real thing. I got lots of other photos that I'll have to upload. I bot it used w/29500 mi on it, but in great shape. So far, I'v dressed up the engine, bought a hide-a-way bracket for my front plate, got a special plate (Texas), struts for the hood, replaced headlite bulbs, dropped in a K&N air filter, switched to Mobil1 full syn and K&N oil filter and have been using 93 octane. Bot some lowering springs, but they're are only for coupes--must return them. Yes, it's a purebred GTCS, but didnt come w/side strips. Fog lites are in the grille, which I like and the racing horse is black set in the grille also. Since using 93 octane and other above changes my mpg went from 14.5 to 18-20--worth the change. The car's a beast! Really moves--for me anyway. I'm not going to go too heavy on the mods. Probably, lowering and that's it. Since I'm from SF, CA and a diehard Niner fan the only thing I would change is the interior and top to tan. That's it. Have a good one."
I've done quiet a lot to my CS so far, all averaging 11.1 MPG haha yes it's real! But here's my mod list so far

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3888227274.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	135375
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Les, thanks for the feedback...seems like you've got a lot of mods going with your '11 CS. Is the hood "stock"? I've been leaning toward the Mach 1 as a mod, but got some other things to spend the money on first. I'm surprised at your mpgs; my '12 runs between 18-22 with a combo of hills/highway...if just the latter, she runs closer to 22-24 depending on avg. speed.
Nice to see a fellow sailor and 9ers fan enjoy life in the fast lane. I'm suspecting you don't get much "on the water" time in the middle of Texas. If you get up this way in summers ahead, let me know,..may be able to give you a "fix".
I'm surprised that Ford hasn't been marketing Stangs to reflect paint schemes of pro teams in major markets...i.e., the red and gold of the 49ers, blue/green of the Seahawks, black/orange of the Bears, etc.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I agree on the color scheme but buying used I really didnt check. Yes the hood is stock--look's cool, but it and the side scoops sort of turn me off cause they're just for looks--not functional--also the hood scoop isn't put on too well. You can see the lines where it's attached (glued) to the hood, but oh well it's still cool looking. Mine came w/the letters "GT" in chrome on the front fenders. I added the "5.0" about 4" below them. NOW, everyone knows it's a beast. I also like the touch on the trunk placard/logo which says "California Special" instead of GT. Where in TX are u located? Done some sailing on Lake Ray Hubbard. It was fun, but not very chanllenging. Man, u sure did add some mods! It's got to be an entirely new stang from the one u bot! It look's great! Take care.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

The move to the smoked raxiom tail-lights on our '12 was a nice cosmetic change with the black body and flat black trunk lid tape.
And, by "up my way", I'm meaning Maine, not Texas. Summertime and sailing in the fog, it'll remind you of SF bay. Never know where one's travels may take them.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I really wanted a CS but with 2 kids in private school, I just could not swing it right now.
One day...

Grats on the ride!
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Definetly have to take care of priorities first. Great thing is you're still in a Stang; look forward to pics when you post them.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I see a couple more CSs have signed on to ME; time to log in here too? Looking like the folks from Tx. and Ca. are in the majority so far.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
'14 Oxford white CS in NWI (northwest Indiana).
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm here. 13 in Ingot Silver. KCMO.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #19

Region: California
Hey hey.. 2012 GTCS coupe white/black. San Diego California. Patrick.
12GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Tags
california