New from South Miami - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #1

Region: Florida
New from South Miami

Hello ladies and gents, my name is Danny

Proud to say at 22 years old I walked in to a dealer and bought my first car on my own. A White GT Premium 2014 on Christmas day!

I previously had a 2008 Caliber SRT-4, Which i loved but didnt want. Ive always wanted a mustang but since mommy knew what a mustang was, i couldnt get her to agree on buying me one . So i chose a minivan with a mini fridge in the glove compartment. This car was no slouch, had it pushing low boost 330whp and high boost 412whp, sadly high boost didn't allow it to grip at all.

I am more of a lurker than a poster, i usually search for what i need and read through things that interest me. Im glad to finally be in the mustang family!

- Danny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140111_115645.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	145483   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_31443415114965.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	145484  

dsmendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome!!! Haha that's funny about the minivan!

Congrats!!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Welcome!!! Haha that's funny about the minivan!

Congrats!!
I had told my mom at the time SRT stood for Safe Reliable Technology.. Then I was like, look mom it has a minifrigde for sodas and sandwiches.. Car was instantly purchased.

Which later turned into a beer cooler.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmendiola View Post
I had told my mom at the time SRT stood for Safe Reliable Technology.. Then I was like, look mom it has a minifrigde for sodas and sandwiches.. Car was instantly purchased.

Which later turned into a beer cooler.

Bahaha ... That's what I figured you were gonna say hahaha mini-fridge for beer...
Old 01-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hello ladies and gents, my name is Danny

Proud to say at 22 years old I walked in to a dealer and bought my first car on my own. A White GT Premium 2014 on Christmas day!

I previously had a 2008 Caliber SRT-4, Which i loved but didnt want. Ive always wanted a mustang but since mommy knew what a mustang was, i couldnt get her to agree on buying me one . So i chose a minivan with a mini fridge in the glove compartment. This car was no slouch, had it pushing low boost 330whp and high boost 412whp, sadly high boost didn't allow it to grip at all.

I am more of a lurker than a poster, i usually search for what i need and read through things that interest me. Im glad to finally be in the mustang family!

- Danny

Hello from Naples!, Ive got a 2013 GHIG but my 2nd choice would have been White, they are great looking. My buddy bought a used Caliber SRT in silver with like 10,000 miles, it was perfect but it couldnt touch a Mustang. Sadly he let it go within 6 months as a repo....
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
Hello from Naples!, Ive got a 2013 GHIG but my 2nd choice would have been White, they are great looking. My buddy bought a used Caliber SRT in silver with like 10,000 miles, it was perfect but it couldnt touch a Mustang. Sadly he let it go within 6 months as a repo....
Hiiii I'm sorry but I'm a newb with this lingo.. What is a GHIG? I messed with a lS2 vette in the caliber and it held its on from a 3rd gear pull.

I haven't really messed with the mustang, that rear tailwhip still kinda scares me hah.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
GHIG is the abbreviation for the color Gotta have it green.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
GHIG is the abbreviation for the color Gotta have it green.
Thank you sir, mental note from now on.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Thank you sir, mental note from now on.

Welcome
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Lol the srt thing was pretty funny. Welcome! lol I'm new here too. Oh I'm also 22 and from south florida! Nice looking stang. My friend also has a caliber in black with some mods, I like it, seems like a pretty fun car. He has exhaust, mopar stage 1 ecu and a wastegate and I was still able to pull on him by a couple of cars completely stock but it is a pretty cool car none the less with tons of potential and good mpg.

Hey did you go to that paul walker tribute on Dec 11th or 14th that was held somewhere down in miami?
Red5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5.0 View Post
Lol the srt thing was pretty funny. Welcome! lol I'm new here too. Oh I'm also 22 and from south florida! Nice looking stang. My friend also has a caliber in black with some mods, I like it, seems like a pretty fun car. He has exhaust, mopar stage 1 ecu and a wastegate and I was still able to pull on him by a couple of cars completely stock but it is a pretty cool car none the less with tons of potential and good mpg.

Hey did you go to that paul walker tribute on Dec 11th or 14th that was held somewhere down in miami?
I loved my minivan on boost, ppl didn't think it was fast. "Just a caliber with a bodykit"

I had Mopar stage 1, catless downpipe, wastegate, cold air intake, high flow cats, I had a map clamp, umm let's see a boost controller and big injectors. That car was fun to drive lol.

I didn't go to that tribute thing, did you?

Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Welcome Aboard.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I loved my minivan on boost, ppl didn't think it was fast. "Just a caliber with a bodykit"

I had Mopar stage 1, catless downpipe, wastegate, cold air intake, high flow cats, I had a map clamp, umm let's see a boost controller and big injectors. That car was fun to drive lol.

I didn't go to that tribute thing, did you?

Yeah they are pretty fun and fast, except my friend just cannot get it into the 8's at the 1/8 anymore. Before he got the wastegate he messed with something to try to raise the boost and ever since then he has never been able to get into the 8's anymore.

Yes, it was on a Saturday and on a Sunday. I went to the Saturday one but it sucked since it was organized pretty bad no one knew where to go to but for the half hour that we did cruise it was pretty cool since all the mustangs and some nice looking frs's were up at front lol. Afterwards people met up at a homedepot, I passed through there but didn't bother to stop. Too much rice for me, I would have stood out like a sore thumb.
Red5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Congrats and welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings