First post and first Mustang! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #1

First post and first Mustang!

I'd like to say hello from Pennsylvania and that I'm glad to be a part of the forum. I've had my Mustang for about 5 months now, it's a black 2014 GT. I have the base model except for Sync and the Brembo package. I'm absolutely in love with this car! It's my daily driver in a 50-75 minute commute in heavy traffic so I opted for an automatic. Even though I wish it was a Roush exhaust my first "mod" was Blizzak LM-32's due to the snow this winter. Since I've had this car I have noticed a few things that I'll share, I'm sure everyone here can relate.

1) The radio in the car could've been broken and I would have never known because all I listened to for the first month was the exhaust. Coming from a 2007 Focus even the stock Mustang exhaust is awesome.

2) I am now that guy who parks at the far end of the parking lot. If there is no far end I carefully consider all available spaces.

3) A black car (if you care about it's appearance) is a second job. It was tough to accept but I've given up on keeping a shiny wet look on my car in the winter. If it's not snow and salt it's water spots from the melting frost in the morning. I just keep it as clean as I can considering the circumstance.

4) People probably think I'm crazy when I'm alone and smiling while walking to my car - or when I turn to look back at it when walking away. My answer is that I'm not crazy, they just have the wrong car.

5) My new hobby is driving nowhere in particular.

As far as mod's go, first will be a new exhaust. After that I'll get it lowered, a new hood, and I like the Raxiom nav. unit also. Anyway, thanks for reading and I'm happy to be a member here!
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Welcome aboard!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Welcome to the forum.
cor66vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Welcome to the forum! You should also check out some grilles, smoked turn lights and chin spoilers for your new black gt for some cheap appearance mods.
45thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Welcome. Careful with that mod bug. It'll get ya.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome aboard

06 GT "Ruby"
02 Jeep Wrangler (Toy)
jbs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Welcome aboard!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Welcome from Maryland
Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Welcome, looks like you definitely bought the right car, my 2014 is also black, and yea sucks to keep clean
Old 02-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Haha, welcome. It's normal for people to relate to a few of those points there, but I can say I relate to all of them.

I'm always listening to my Borla's, always park on an end spot (always), my car is red but I struggled with wanting to keep it nice during the winter too, most of the time if not always I can't help myself to look back. And lastly, I'm glad I'm not alone, but I also find myself just taking long routes and going for drives almost every other day. Gas bill has gone up a lot, needless to say.

Definitely do exhaust first!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I love taking my car on road trips. I enjoy driving, but having a Mustang definitely enhanced that expirience. The best and only mod that I did for my car was to tint the windows. I have 5% full car and a normal windshield, so people can't see into my car. I also have out of state plates so cops don't write me tickets because they're ignorant to the laws of other states. My friend owns a 13 GT and we agreed that owning one of these cars occaisionally turns us into ******** as we do tend to do things with the Stangs that we would have never dreamt of doing in our other cars. Anyway, have fun, and good luck with the mods.
aminus212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #13

Thanks for welcoming me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thMustang View Post
Welcome to the forum! You should also check out some grilles, smoked turn lights and chin spoilers for your new black gt for some cheap appearance mods.
I forgot about the chin spoiler. Guess I should say goodbye to a chunk of my tax return now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminus212 View Post
My friend owns a 13 GT and we agreed that owning one of these cars occaisionally turns us into ******** as we do tend to do things with the Stangs that we would have never dreamt of doing in our other cars.
Yeah, I can see that happening. I don't know how many times I've been passed and cut off when accelerating from a red light in the Focus, now people tend to just get behind me. Not to mention, although I love my Focus (not a single problem in 7 years), it's nice to not have to give it a pep talk while trying to make it to passing speed.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Welcome from MN.
izzygod is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings