Female enthusiast . - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #1

Region: Indiana
Female enthusiast .

I've just bought a 95 GT 5.0 & she's a bit of a project body wise. I'm going to be media blasting her to see if there is any more rust starting to form then what I'm already seeing. I've spotted mainly surface rust, which I can grind off & treat & fill in with water proof filler & then conventional filler after treating it. I've noticed one rust hole, which will require me cutting the spot out & the thin sheet metal around it out. I will use a replacement panel of the same gauge sheet metal to patch that up. Means I'll have to do some welding . After that's all done I will straighten all the body panels out. Mainu minor dings & dents. Easy enough to fix. I'll prime her, guid coat, add some color then clear coat. I've got a numbe of other things I'm going to be Doing as well. I will be ordering materials as soon as possible.
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome. Good luck with your project.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome aboard and good luck with your ride

Sent from my SM-T217S using Mustang Evolution mobile app

06 GT "Ruby"
02 Jeep Wrangler (Toy)
jbs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Welcome from south ga!
curt68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSN95 View Post
I've just bought a 95 GT 5.0 & she's a bit of a project body wise. I'm going to be media blasting her to see if there is any more rust starting to form then what I'm already seeing. I've spotted mainly surface rust, which I can grind off & treat & fill in with water proof filler & then conventional filler after treating it. I've noticed one rust hole, which will require me cutting the spot out & the thin sheet metal around it out. I will use a replacement panel of the same gauge sheet metal to patch that up. Means I'll have to do some welding . After that's all done I will straighten all the body panels out. Mainu minor dings & dents. Easy enough to fix. I'll prime her, guid coat, add some color then clear coat. I've got a numbe of other things I'm going to be Doing as well. I will be ordering materials as soon as possible.

You should start a thread for your progress, I've started one in the classic section for my 68' project. Good luck with your 95' one of my favorite body styles
curt68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings