Lifetime Chevy owner here - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Lifetime Chevy owner here

Ok guys, go easy on me. I've been a lifetime Chevy owner and have owned a '69 Camaro Z28, a 1982 Cross Fire Z28, a 1983 Z28, a 1988 Sport Coupe, a 1993 Indy Pace Car and a 1987 IROC-Z. I talk trash about Mustangs all the time because I'm a Camaro guy, but I have always liked them. Some of my best friends are Mustang owners and the trash talk goes both ways. Last week, I ventured into territory that I'm not familiar with and purchased a 2014 Ruby Red GT. What an awesome ride! My Chevy friends are rolling their eyes, and my Ford friends are confused. I like it like that!

I'm also the moderator of the History forum over at thirdgen.org and have deep ties in the Camaro world. My Camaro was recently featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine. My 16 year old son is looking forward to gently modifying this car to his tastes as he will take ownership of it sometime. I look forward to learning about the Mustang, but always being a closet enthusiast, I already know some stuff. Again, it seems like a great car in the week that I've owned it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Welcome to the forum a lot of info and friendly people on this site, im pretty new my self to this forum but have like and drove ford for a long while. Btw glad u finally came to ur senses with buying a good car! Jk
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Great purchase but I like BOTH the Mustang and Camaro and the Challenger's for that matter....They are great American Muscle Cars and thats all that matters in my book!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. Like I said, I've always liked the Mustangs, I just didn't say it out loud! I always check eBay for the prices of '90-'93 GTs and LX 5.0s, '03/'04 Mach 1s and believe it or not, the '86 GT. I'm a car guy and have been for years. If it's American muscle/performance, I'm interested.

In 2003, I brought home a new GT on a test drive to see if my wife liked it. I pulled the car in the garage and my 5 year old at the time asked if it was ok to have a Mustang in the same garage as the IROC-Z. Now this is the car that he wants. We looked at the new Camaros and I personally don't care for them and neither did my son. He also had no interest in the Challenger since it was only available in automatic. This is going to be fun!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The American V8 is where its at if you ask me....I will take any of them over a import. I saw on some show the other day that by like 2018 or something like that, that the Camaro and Mustang will share over 45% of their parts....
Old 03-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings