New here and to Mustangs - Upstate SC - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
New here and to Mustangs - Upstate SC

Hey M.E!

Just picked up my new (to me) 2011 V6 MCA edition Stang last Monday and lets just say my cheeks hurt from the constant smiling I've been doing.

This is only my 2nd car, I've been driving around my high school car for 5-6 years and finally saved the cash to buy either a Mustang or Camaro. After literally 1-2 years of doing research (wasn't ready to buy but wanted to be well informed when the time came) I decided to go with a Stang.

I'm the "new" generation that Ford was targeting by bringing HP and fuel economy together. That's why the V6 was the route I went, I can cruise on the freeways and get 30-34 MGP (already put close to 1,000 miles on since I bought it) so I've been able to monitor this aspect pretty well.

Coming from a 2001 Chevy Lumina Sedan all I know is that when I test drove the stang and floored it on the on-ramp I literally laughed with excitement at the sound of the engine and the feeling of being thrown back in my seat.

I've been finding any excuse to drive and so I'm just happy with the MPG for sure now!

P.s, if you're in the SC upstate area let me know, I'm looking for places to cruise and people who are also into cars, stangs or not.
007Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Stang View Post
Hey M.E!

Just picked up my new (to me) 2011 V6 MCA edition Stang last Monday and lets just say my cheeks hurt from the constant smiling I've been doing.

This is only my 2nd car, I've been driving around my high school car for 5-6 years and finally saved the cash to buy either a Mustang or Camaro. After literally 1-2 years of doing research (wasn't ready to buy but wanted to be well informed when the time came) I decided to go with a Stang.

I'm the "new" generation that Ford was targeting by bringing HP and fuel economy together. That's why the V6 was the route I went, I can cruise on the freeways and get 30-34 MGP (already put close to 1,000 miles on since I bought it) so I've been able to monitor this aspect pretty well.

Coming from a 2001 Chevy Lumina Sedan all I know is that when I test drove the stang and floored it on the on-ramp I literally laughed with excitement at the sound of the engine and the feeling of being thrown back in my seat.

I've been finding any excuse to drive and so I'm just happy with the MPG for sure now!

P.s, if you're in the SC upstate area let me know, I'm looking for places to cruise and people who are also into cars, stangs or not.
Welcome!

It's a great feeling to be proud of the car you drive.... and I can't lie, I'm jealous of that awesome MPG, haha.

I'm in the Upstate area as well, but honestly I don't go on cruises or do much of anything fun, I'm always too busy.

Nice looking car, though.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks!

I definitely am loving the car, it's such a huge step up from my old car that it's not even funny. I never "enjoyed" driving per se, but now, now I just hit the road because I want to!

Yeah, the MPG was a huge factor for me so I wouldn't allow myself to look at anything older than the 11' models. I was shocked when I saw that my last trip to Clemson I averaged 34.4 mpg. In the city I seem to get high teens, but I have a heavy foot still. haha

Well, now you know another upstate patron so if you ever decided to cruise feel free to hit me up.

Also, nice car! I checked out your album and laughed at the license plate, perfect name!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Congrats man. Cars are an extension of us, at least for the people you will meet on here. There's a ton to learn and talk about but most importantly keep that smile going. Happiness is the journey of life not a destination you reach at some point during it. And in my opinion that journey is happier in a stang.

Welcome to the gang.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Congrats man. Cars are an extension of us, at least for the people you will meet on here. There's a ton to learn and talk about but most importantly keep that smile going. Happiness is the journey of life not a destination you reach at some point during it. And in my opinion that journey is happier in a stang.

Welcome to the gang.
Well put and thanks for the welcome!

The other day I had this big cheesy grin on after racing down the on-ramp, and remembered someone who wrote, "yeah, but do you notice how all mustang drivers have a smile on?" I don't remember the context that was used but I started laughing when the reality of the truth in that statement hit me.

And you nailed it for me pertaining to the extension statement, I keep telling people that I finally feel I have a car that reflects my personality. It's also nice driving in a car that doesn't have all the bugs of an older car, my last car had bad weather striping in the trunk area so anytime it rained I had to make sure I had a bucket in my truck to catch the leak. Doing this for the last 3-4 years has heightened my awareness of the weather, it's like I can feel it in the air when rain is on the way.

It's ridiculous how accurate I am now at predicting rain! haha
Old 04-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome to the forum! Im from the upstate as well Spartanburg area
G3ARH3AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Welcome aboard!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Welcome!! Midlands SC here
Old 04-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Im sort of considered upstate I guess...Rock Hill here.
rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Stang View Post
Thanks!

I definitely am loving the car, it's such a huge step up from my old car that it's not even funny. I never "enjoyed" driving per se, but now, now I just hit the road because I want to!

Yeah, the MPG was a huge factor for me so I wouldn't allow myself to look at anything older than the 11' models. I was shocked when I saw that my last trip to Clemson I averaged 34.4 mpg. In the city I seem to get high teens, but I have a heavy foot still. haha

Well, now you know another upstate patron so if you ever decided to cruise feel free to hit me up.

Also, nice car! I checked out your album and laughed at the license plate, perfect name!

Haha. Indeed it is, thank you, too!

Sounds good.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

And I'm in Anderson..
Old 04-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Welcome aboard!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ARH3AD View Post
Welcome to the forum! Im from the upstate as well Spartanburg area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Welcome!! Midlands SC here
Was just in you're area, purchased my stang from a private seller in Columbia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillgt View Post
Im sort of considered upstate I guess...Rock Hill here.
Sweet, sounds like there are actually a few people in the area then, I'm just slightly southeast of Greensville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffsobelle View Post
And I'm in Anderson..
Right on, that's no too far away.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Congrats and welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings