New to me 2012 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
New to me 2012 GT

In late February I traded in my 2013 Scion FR-S after one year of ownership for a 2012 GT. Could not be happier. I loved the FR-S, but I also hated it at the same time. Now I just love the hate . Its a 6 speed premium, but no other options aside from backup sensors.

Car had 3500 original miles and looks brand new. A few strange things though, vehicle was missing the plastic engine cover (no biggie I think its ugly), had the wrong size battery, and has this strange stain on the lower portion of the windshield near the the glass was etched with something. Clean carfax, but you never know. In this instance ignorance is bliss...the damn thing even smelled new....well, newish :p.

I've been looking for a Mustang forum since I bought the car. Some are too small, some are too big, and others are populated by...well, not nice people . This place seems like a winner to me, and I'll be sticking around awhile.

As is the curse of vehicle ownership for me, everything that is wrong with a car is somehow caused by me. I hit a rock...a small rock, while driving down the road and chipped a front rim and blistered the sidewall of a tire. After getting the car I changed the oil...while driving up my vehicle ramps, something I've done a million times, the ramp slips slamming the front of the car on the upper portion of the ramp and damaging the lower front fascia, and now it sticks out ever so slightly from the bumper on the drivers side and its infuriating. But that's just an opportunity for a Boss 302 lower valance!

Mods being performed:
Strut tower brace (being delivered today)
Barton two post shifter bracket (being delivered today)
Whiteline positive shift kit (being delivered today).

Future mods.
TSW Nurburgrings in flat bronze
GT 500 mufflers
Pro-Cal tune
GT 500 spoiler
Boss 302 Valance and Saleen upper grill.

And maybe way way down the line some FI...whatever it may be.

BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Welcome to the forums! I'm a member of about five different ones, but like this one the most. I love silver color Stangs! I think they really stand out.

Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
welcome! looks like a good buy! hope your misfortune with it ends soon though!
Current: 2015 GT Premium Performance Package-stock for now

Past: 13 V6, 11 MCA V6, 89 GT, 88 GT, 04 V6
13BKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Nevada
Welcome to the forum.
2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Congrats s and welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Nice looking car! Welcome to the forum.

blueprint87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

2012 gt