Hi from Austin - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hi from Austin

New to the site. Not new to Mustangs or muscle cars. Have a new 14 GT... has 800 miles on it and already rear end is whining. Have plans for it whenever the rear end is sorted out. Nothing big until the warranty is up, and apparently I am going to be needing it.

Thanks,
D
2014 GT 6MT base-crappy Bama tune, offroad X pipe, Corsa Extreme, Dynatech DS, Moser M9, 3.25s, Eibach Sportlines, UMI LCAs, BMR Relocation brackets, Whiteline UCA, SR panhard, Staggered 20" AMRs, Brembos, Power slots, Hawk ceramics.
Ihasfip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Welcome! Post some pictures when you get a chance. What other mustangs have you had?
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome, fellow Austinite!
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Welcome! Post some pictures when you get a chance. What other mustangs have you had?

I have had a few fox bodys and a 00. One fox was running low 12s. Also had a low 10 sec nitrous Camaro as well.

Now if I can just get the dealer to stop telling me "ring and pinion" noise is normal and to fix this damn thing.

2014 GT 6MT base-crappy Bama tune, offroad X pipe, Corsa Extreme, Dynatech DS, Moser M9, 3.25s, Eibach Sportlines, UMI LCAs, BMR Relocation brackets, Whiteline UCA, SR panhard, Staggered 20" AMRs, Brembos, Power slots, Hawk ceramics.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
Welcome, fellow Austinite!
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihasfip View Post

I have had a few fox bodys and a 00. One fox was running low 12s. Also had a low 10 sec nitrous Camaro as well.

Now if I can just get the dealer to stop telling me "ring and pinion" noise is normal and to fix this damn thing.

Damn those sound like some badass rides! That sucks that they're trying to give you the run around
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
She looks nice. Nice times for your fox and Camaro. I had a 92 GT that I bought new and the gears were pretty noisy. I could never get them to even look at it at the time. I didn't have that car for much longer than a year. Anyways, I don't think it should be noisy either on your 14 GT.
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Damn those sound like some badass rides! That sucks that they're trying to give you the run around
Yea, I never should've sold the Camaro. I'm fighting them on the rear end now. Its a big pain in the ***.

One they wouldn't give me a loaner. With 700 miles on a 2 week old car. Wanted me to leave it and get a ride. I said no. He told me to call Ford customer relations. I did. The guy was useless and said Ford doesn't provide loaners for warranty work. Thats when I told him that this would the first and last new Ford I ever buy. The service advisor then drove me to work..in my car. Then had it all day until 5:30 when he returned it to me and said they hadn't had much time to look at it and to bring it back the next day.

So I dropped it off again at 7:00am and once more had him drive me to work. At 5:00 he dropped it off and said the foreman said its "normal ring and pinion noise" and that if they worked on it, it would just change the speed at which it makes the noise. Well it makes it at 60ish bad, and 75-80ish bad. The 2 most common speeds I drive to work. It makes a whine at different speeds just not as bad.

I even explained to him I work at another big 3 dealership, in parts, and I have been a mechanic and build my own vehicles. I told him the noise wasn't acceptable. He said bring it back and ride with the shop foreman and make sure hes hearing the noise. So that is my next step. Jump through a bunch of hoops to fix a brand new car. Should've bought a Camaro or a Vette. This is like my 40th car, but this is my FIRST NEW car, other than my wife's VW.

I am very dissapointed in this car, other than just raw power. Clunky *** transmission, almost can't shift it smoothly, clutch is kinda wonky feeling, interior is kind of cheap (my perfect condition cell phone scratched the painted area around the shifter), and it makes an obnoxious groan from the front suspension when I go over speed bumps and such. That was also a "normal noise" from the fluid filled rear control arm bushings. I was like whatever dude. Its coming from the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
She looks nice. Nice times for your fox and Camaro. I had a 92 GT that I bought new and the gears were pretty noisy. I could never get them to even look at it at the time. I didn't have that car for much longer than a year. Anyways, I don't think it should be noisy either on your 14 GT.
Thanks! I am trying! Hopefully it will work out.

D
Old 09-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.Good luck with the warranty service.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Austin is a very nice area..
Skarakis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome to ME

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings