Unicorn Hunting in Seattle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Unicorn Hunting in Seattle

So my search for a reasonably fun/sporty, late model, RWD, 4-seat, manual transmission, convertible, with decent fuel economy, and that can be had for ~$20k or less has led me to the 11-14 Mustang V6 convertible as my entire current list of candidates. This is going to be used as a jack of all trades (master of none) combination daily driver and evening/weekend toy that the whole family can enjoy. Ideally I would find a 13 with Pony or MCA package, so that I can have the better tire size selection from the 18's while even remaining fully 'Street' (stock) class eligible for the occasional autox. Now the hunt has begun to find any within reasonable driving distance, and early indications are that it might be a while before I am able to find the right one. Luckily I'm not in a hurry.

This site has already proven to be a rather useful resource in my research, and hopefully I'll even be able to make some contributions that return the favor.

Thanks!

You can follow my Ford based 'Locost' build at:
GarageOdyssey.blogspot.com
GarageOdyssey.tumblr.com
@GarageOdyssey (instagram and twitter)
Driven5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Good luck in your search
Old 10-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
When I first saw this, I thought it said Uncle hunting...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven5 View Post
So my search for a reasonably fun/sporty, late model, RWD, 4-seat, manual transmission, convertible, with decent fuel economy, and that can be had for ~$20k or less has led me to the 11-14 Mustang V6 convertible as my entire current list of candidates. This is going to be used as a jack of all trades (master of none) combination daily driver and evening/weekend toy that the whole family can enjoy. Ideally I would find a 13 with Pony or MCA package, so that I can have the better tire size selection from the 18's while even remaining fully 'Street' (stock) class eligible for the occasional autox. Now the hunt has begun to find any within reasonable driving distance, and early indications are that it might be a while before I am able to find the right one. Luckily I'm not in a hurry.

This site has already proven to be a rather useful resource in my research, and hopefully I'll even be able to make some contributions that return the favor.

Thanks!
I had to end up going to portland to find the perfect one. I was using cars.com

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Welcome!
fox_body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.Good luck with your search.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #7

Region: Florida
Hi,

I just purchased a 2012 unicorn. V6 premium, convertible, pony package. It had 11,500 miles on it and I got it for $19K in Florida.

I did find one other for sale nationwide in Colorado at Car Max, I think they were asking $21,500 for it.

Good luck in your search, and jump on it when you find one.
cherry3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry3m View Post
I did find one other for sale nationwide in Colorado at Car Max, I think they were asking $21,500 for it.
Congrats on the find in Florida! I had seen the black high mileage showing up at one Colorado Carmax, but the red low mileage one is new since starting the search. Unfortinately, I'm still not to a point that I'm willing to pay for shipping an imperfectly optioned car to the nearest Carmax in Portland, so that I can drive 3 hours just to see if I like that particular one enough to buy it...But it will certainly be tempting me now. Thanks for the heads up!

You can follow my Ford based 'Locost' build at:
GarageOdyssey.blogspot.com
GarageOdyssey.tumblr.com
@GarageOdyssey (instagram and twitter)
Driven5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings