I got my first today! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2014, 04:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I got my first today!

Mustang not car. I am 65 years old and have been a Hotrodder since I was fourteen. Bought my first Corvette, a red 63 roadster 327/300 HP w/4 Speed when I was eighteen with money Not from a wealthy family because my Mother and Dad were hardworking Christian parents but I bought it when it was only seven years old and I don't remember how many miles it had on it but it was relatively low because there were no malls or Walmartsin the closest large town and people didn't drive but 4,000 -5000 miles a year or less.,The first weekend after I got it I ran it at Southeastern International Dragstrip a track I would get very familiar with with every car I owned for years highlighted by a 69 Plymouth with a big time built Dodge 440CI a Magnum owned by a Dodge and Plymouth dealership. Other than that and a 1970 Dodge Challenger Magnum which saw 140 MPH on I-20 headed towards Atlanta when the highway wasn't finished to the Alabama line and there was no traffic. Other than that there has been over forty more significant fast and now collectable Chevrolets all of which just about saw dragstrip duty. Many were Corvettes like my second one a 63 Split WidowFuel Injected car. Now to make you drool and me too. The 63 Roaster which was mint was bought for $800.00and the FI Split Window, $1,100.00 and I was afraid I had too much in it because mechanics at Chevy dealerships were backyard mechanics and no one knew how to work on the Rochester Fuel Injection units like I say there were over forty many bought new, two Corvettes, four Z/28'S then I owned at lease one of every year of Super Sport Impalas and two and three of some models. I traded a red 63 409 to my Chevy dealer that I bought over twenty cars and trucks for a new 93 a Indy Pace truck which was my company truck. But out of the many rare and fast cars I have owned my favorite was a 67 Impala SS 427, 4- speed 4:11 rear end with power steering and breaks and ooooo nothing else. You see an article in a magazine seem times and it will say they were only available with the 390 HP engine and there were only 1930 of them built but I ordered mine and paid for it and it was a 425 HP as sure as I can type this.
Two of the high points in my car life with my Savior and my family first is Used to be good friends with Jack Roush he bought me a Nascar crew members license for twelve years in a row of which I have ten framed. He would put a directors chair in the pits on race day and I just tried to stay out of the way but Inwould be in the garage area and pits for three days when I could get away to a race. My Wife went on a cruise with Jacks Wife and his Sister in Law. I developed serious heart trouble in 2000 and two years later was diagnosed with Parkinson's Desease and a couple of years later I was tested to have Rheumatoid Arthritis the most painful disabililative Desease there is in my opinion. Five years ago I suffered a massive heart attack followed within a. Month by three strokes which caused 100% memory loss and put me in a wheelchair unable to care for myself or walk. Doctors tried to get my Wife to put me in a nursing home because they said I would never get better and she shouldn't handle me but she refused and through the help of my entire family. I had hope and I hated the wheelchair so bad that Indeveloped my own series of exercises to break frozen joints free and exercise my leg muscles. I stayed in the wheelchair for a little over two years and after I got out after being inspired by an article in HotRod magazine that I learned to drive all over and eight months after I got out of the wheel chair I set a landspeed record on the Maxton Mile and since I have set five more records on the Ohio !ile,
Today I bought a beautiful Torch Red 2004 Mustang GT with 77,000 miles on it with a goal before my health deteriates too much building it into the fastest car I have ever owned. I pay cash for everything and I am going to order z CAI system tomorrow and as soon as I sell my 57,000 mile 03 SS Silverado and my C4 Corvette and with the advise any of you are ready to share with a Mustang newbie I will get started with my build!
My apologies for taking up too much space
Landspeedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Nice story! Welcome aboard. There are many of us "senior" Mustang owners in this crowd, and the more, the merrier.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Great story sir, and welcome.. You're one of those guys that inspire us young generation to keep moving and nothing is impossible. Post your baby here will be glad to see her.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Congrats and welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Very cool intro! Welcome!
medusasdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Would it be inappropriate if I asked if anyone would volunteer to post a few pictures for me, one of the things strokes caused that I haven't overcome is the inability to comprehend written or verble instructions. One of them is the ability to post pictures and if it is there another place that I should start a thread that would be better for the pictures to be. One of them will not be of my car but of me with Jack Roush. Once on a forum of Americas sportscar someone posted no pictures it didn't happen. Rubbed me wrong so I thought then it was obvious that I had just such a picture. Oh I didn't finish what else the doubting Thomas said, a hundred bucks says you can't show us a picture of you wearing The Cat In The Hat's hat? I did but never saw the hundred.
I will leave up to you and it's pushing the limits don't sweat it, I know some of you don't want to show your address so if it will help send your address to:
garrellpatterson@bellsouth.net
Thanks
Old 11-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No volunteers to post pictures for me? I spent over two hours this morning trying to post pictures in my garage at my profile and never came close.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
First you hit the comment box and plus sign. Then dots appear top right. That gives you the option to attach pictures.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416600158705.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	170031   Click image for larger version

Name:	1416600173650.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	170032  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1416600228282.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	170033  
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Are you using the Mustang Evolution app, or are you using the website and a PC? If using a PC with the website, use the "Go Advanced" tab at the bottom of the 'quick reply', select the paperclip (attachments), then brouse (from your PC) to upload pictures from your PC. After selecting all the pictures (one at a time), select the upload, and you're done.

If this is still not clear, send me a PM, and I'll give you my email to send your pictures to, and I'll upload them for you.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Welcome and like the year you picked lighter weight than the 05 +. I wish you the best of luck with your goal#
Old 12-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Had a pretty big Heart test this week well not for a healthy person but it was to check my heart function. Last year my heart function had gone down substantially from the year before.
Good news, I held my ground from a year ago with no change which was good news and a blessing.
Thought I would share
Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's good to know man!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Just wanted to share it with friends.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings