New to the forum and just wanted to say hi... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #1

New to the forum and just wanted to say hi...

Hi there everyone my names Marc and I'm from Edmonton, Alberta. Just started with the forum tonight.

Well a little about me and my mustang. I bought the car a few months ago from a retired gentleman. It had 51000 kilometres on a 2006 GT Premium with an automatic and the shaker 1000 sound system. My car has a Saleen body kit directly from the dealer.It has the Saleen front end and the side body skirts but not the rear exhaust or bumper cover. Its performance white with a tan top and tan leather interior. I have a Diablo tuner installed running 93 octane and i put in a set of PIAA's in this week because the lights are terrible. On order I have a AFE CAI from a local supplier and I ordered today from AM, a Bassani axle back exhaust, Gen. 5 tailights, led 3 Rd brake light, an rear deck panel to start my build.

I've had a few different cars over the years but family life took over now it's time to start again. I bought the car to see if I would enjoy the convertible then maybe I would by a newer coyote rag top. I was really surprised on how nice of a car the Mustangs have become as my old fox body was the last stang I owned. I had about 5 weeks in the car before the snow started and I'm anxious to get it done for spring and hopefully put a few miles on with good winter weather.

I will see how everything goes and I thinking about a kennie bell supercharger. I do have a few questions if someone would be kind enough to help a rookie out. How much HP can a stock automatic tranny take?

Any other vendors to check out or mods that are must haves.... Please let me know....

Thx

6 months of pure hell not driving my car (living in the snowy North) .... I weep a bit everyday!!!!!!
2006 GT Convertible with Saleen body kit.
Mhc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hey. Sounds like a nice ride man. I'm from manitoba and just recently had to park the car aswell. I have 2008 gt with kennebell s/c on it and it's at 471 rwhp for 2 summers now and everything has been good. I'm not too sure how much the stock tranny can take but mine has had no issues at this power level.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Edd204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhc73 View Post
6 months of pure hell not driving my car (living in the snowy North) .... I weep a bit everyday!!!!!!
Welcome, sounds like a really nice car, that's not very many KMs. I live in Texas and cannot relate to ever having to park my cars.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I just parked mine for the winter also! It's a hard thing to do but at least gives us time to put on upgrades.
Zcarmack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Hello, I'm new to the forum as well. I have an 08GT and an 04GT convertible. Getting ready to do something with my 08 so wanted to kind of get some ideas and feedback. Don't really have to winter the car quite yet here it was 75 here today actually just got from riding in the convertible. But it's not going to last long it will be in the 30's later in the week.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum as well. I have an 08GT and an 04GT convertible. Getting ready to do something with my 08 so wanted to kind of get some ideas and feedback. Don't really have to winter the car quite yet here it was 75 here today actually just got from riding in the convertible. But it's not going to last long it will be in the 30's later in the week.

What were you planning on doing?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'm thinking exhaust right now maybe some minor upgrades. I have a black 08gt premium and it's stock other than billet grill, fuel door, and shift ball, I love this car more than any other vehicle I have ever owned and have owned some nice ones! It's got 108,000 miles on it and is now retired from daily driving so I'm looking to do some modding!

Old 11-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #10

Thx everyone... I'm looking forward to building it up. The only issue is I have to wait until spring to drop the hammer. Nice weather around here means no snow but -20! Exciting seeing all the shipping notes come thru from AM.... Soon

2006 GT Convertible with Saleen body kit.
Mhc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I'm thinking exhaust right now maybe some minor upgrades. I have a black 08gt premium and it's stock other than billet grill, fuel door, and shift ball, I love this car more than any other vehicle I have ever owned and have owned some nice ones! It's got 108,000 miles on it and is now retired from daily driving so I'm looking to do some modding!

A full exhaust? Axle back? Headers?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

That's the question I want some input on! I want it to have a nice sound but not ridiculous loud.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Full exhaust look into borla. It's not too loud but has a nice old Muscle car sound. Axle back try flow master outlaws. These will give a deep throaty sound on take offs and at speed you can still carry a conversation in the cab. They aren't too loud and it's good choice for a daily driver. Long tube headers look into kooks but that set up will be pretty loud.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcarmack16 View Post
Full exhaust look into borla. It's not too loud but has a nice old Muscle car sound. Axle back try flow master outlaws. These will give a deep throaty sound on take offs and at speed you can still carry a conversation in the cab. They aren't too loud and it's good choice for a daily driver. Long tube headers look into kooks but that set up will be pretty loud.

Thanks I'm just trying to decide which route to take I don't want to spend money twice on exhaust.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yea that gets expensive. Look through the different conversations here about exhaust. There are tons you just have to scroll down and scan for the headings.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Welcome!

Keep your eyes open for some great Black Friday deals at Mustang Parts & Performance - Free Shipping - Steeda Autosports - Free Shipping!

Also, make sure you enter our free $300 giveway in my signature below.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Welcome! Sweet ride...!
fox_body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Hi

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Welcome! Another Canadian representing!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings