New member in Oregon - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #1

Region: Oregon
New member in Oregon

How's it going? Picked up a 1998 SN95 V6 with 5spd last weekend in pretty clean shape. I wanted a V8 but am a cheap bastard so waited until I found something lol. Saw this hit Craigslist and after $450.00 it came home. All it needs is freeze plugs replaced due to corrosion and why it was sold cheap, (the owner couldn't afford repair bill and his wife hated the 5spd) a drivers seat (has nice leather seats but previous owner was a 400lb lineman thanks to junkyard I have a new set of 1998 V6 seats), and it needs tires since they plugged a hole int he front left tire with a stick LOL.

My wife is having a hard time getting me to sit down and get it running since I bought this solely for the purpose of doing a V8 swap in the next year or 2. Depends how soon I can afford a Coyote and how much I do before I swap the motor. This will end up getting turned into a daily/play car.

ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hello, welcome to the forums! Have you thought about just getting done what needs to be done to the car, then selling it? From what can be seen by the picture looks like it has a pretty good solid body. Get everything replaced and fixed that you mentioned then sell it make a profit and use towards a V8?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #3

Region: Oregon
I have thought about that but being a heavy diesel mechanic by nature I like to tinker. Also not a huge fan of the price of clean V8's around here. Plus finding one that has been beat to death is hard. I like the fact this thing was drove like a grandma lol. The interior is pretty decent with full leather that I just need to scrub. I've always enjoyed building and even with a V8 most would be replaced so the cost is a wash really.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome. Nice looking car. as has been stated , cheaper to sell car than do conversion. Most of the V6 parts, you cannot use engine, transmission parts has to be replaced. Rear end also. Good luck
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings