First time Ford Owner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 6
First time Ford Owner

Well my GM brothers have now disowned me, but I have to say I'm very happy with my first ever Ford purchase!

Here is Madalena she is a 2015 Mustang GT premium auto in DIB:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	174361   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	174362  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	174363  
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2015, 01:34 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Welcome! I know the feeling, my Chevy and dodge buddy's got pissed when I bought my Roush. Any way that's a good looking car you got there. Any plans on modding her?




Every time you judge someone else, you reveal an unhealed part of yourself...
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooolbreeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 789
That's a great looking color for the 15.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-27-2015, 05:09 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
kenmillerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 5
Love it!! But...why did you go with an automatic?
kenmillerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
derklink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Saint Louis
Region: Missouri
Posts: 110
Nothing wrong with the auto. Its not a double clutch but it does the job. Had a manual BMW which was fun but wanted to try something different. Welcome here and very nice GT!
derklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 604
I am partial to the color, nice wheels too. Welcome and enjoy the twisty's!
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/S-04 pole position'
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: New Castle Delaware
Posts: 55
When I had a Subaru, people would stop by with their Subaru's and chat. Once I bought the Mustang they stopped lol. Know the feeling.

It's a beautiful car : )


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Just_Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmillerjr View Post
Love it!! But...why did you go with an automatic?
Went with the auto because the ratio is better than what comes in the manual. Not just the final, but first-third. Also the autos are holding over 750whp stock without issue and the manuals are still made in China and plagued with issues. Lastly the autos are showing to post 3-4 tenths faster in the quarter than the manuals stock to stock. Just look it up on YouTube. The saying goes "manuals impress the ladies, autos win races”

Plan is intake, exhaust, and tune until it is out of warranty. Then gonna spray the house down and do the supporting mods to go with it. Last car was a 2002 Z06 with a 175 setup.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Manuals impress the ladies, autos win races.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
Went with the auto because the ratio is better than what comes in the manual. Not just the final, but first-third. Also the autos are holding over 750whp stock without issue and the manuals are still made in China and plagued with issues. Lastly the autos are showing to post 3-4 tenths faster in the quarter than the manuals stock to stock. Just look it up on YouTube. The saying goes "manuals impress the ladies, autos win races”

Plan is intake, exhaust, and tune until it is out of warranty. Then gonna spray the house down and do the supporting mods to go with it. Last car was a 2002 Z06 with a 175 setup.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Well said the Chinese parts are garbage to begin with especially Chinese rotors. And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't your car a paddle shift auto?




Be the type of person who leaves a mark, not a scar
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
kenmillerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 5
Ah, gotcha. I can respect that =)

I just custom ordered mine...it is that same color and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival!

v/r,
KM
kenmillerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:34 PM   #11
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 6
She has just over 700 miles on her and I just started having fun last weekend. So far my kill streak goes:

2011GT manual, unknown mods, marked quarter, 4 lengths

2015 camaro SS , header, full exhaust, intake, tune, marked quarter, 1.5 lengths

2013 GT dig to 120ish, intake, exhaust, tune, light weight driveshaft, 2 in my car, 3 in his, .5 length. I'd holeshot him and he couldn't make it up.

And the best race by far

2015 Chrysler 300 SRT8, bone stock, I'd get out of the hole faster, but he'd real me in about 130 every time. 1.4 liters of extra displacement really helps them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Manuals impress the ladies, autos win races.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
She has just over 700 miles on her and I just started having fun last weekend. So far my kill streak goes:

2011GT manual, unknown mods, marked quarter, 4 lengths

2015 camaro SS , header, full exhaust, intake, tune, marked quarter, 1.5 lengths

2013 GT dig to 120ish, intake, exhaust, tune, light weight driveshaft, 2 in my car, 3 in his, .5 length. I'd holeshot him and he couldn't make it up.

And the best race by far

2015 Chrysler 300 SRT8, bone stock, I'd get out of the hole faster, but he'd real me in about 130 every time. 1.4 liters of extra displacement really helps them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Just a heads up there is no street race talk allowed on the forum, and none of the "in mexico" stuff either since its obvious its not in "mexico" or "on a closed course". Just keep it legal and its all good here.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Just a heads up there is no street race talk allowed on the forum, and none of the "in mexico" stuff either since its obvious its not in "mexico" or "on a closed course". Just keep it legal and its all good here.
Ah, sorry didn't know. I'll keep my kill stories on my other forum from here on out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Manuals impress the ladies, autos win races.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #14
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 6
Oh, she also went up on the dyno for a base line. Managed 370whp355wtq.

Same dyno my Z06 did 15whp less stock.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Manuals impress the ladies, autos win races.
lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangMinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Granbury
Region: Texas
Posts: 41
Love your car wish I could afford to upgrade from my 98 haha


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
MustangMinded is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First time mustang owner.. Sn95fitty 1979-1995 Mustang GT 33 08-30-2012 10:42 AM
First time Mustang owner! dellito New Member Introductions & Greetings 6 12-24-2011 12:46 PM
First time Mustang owner, 1996 GT Vert Prophet New Member Introductions & Greetings 10 01-06-2010 12:45 PM
First time driver and Mustang owner hockeyfan67 New Member Introductions & Greetings 14 09-02-2009 07:08 PM
first time owner!!!! jkaminski24 New Member Introductions & Greetings 12 07-12-2009 12:08 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:19 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.