New guy checking in - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
New guy checking in

Hello, my name is Albert and I live in southern california. I bought a mineral grey 2001 Mustang GT 5-speed stock other than some type of weld in flowmasters and a bunch of plasti dip from a very dishonest person a couple of months ago, but that's another story. I replaced the timing guides, tensioners, a leaking power steering hose, that gasket for the oil filter housing, fuel filter, spark plugs, heater hose, intake manifold with a ford racing manifold cause the old one cracked, and also did a coolant flush, oil change and filter, transmission and diff fluid change to amsoil. Did all this within a week of bringing it home. After all that, the car now runs like a champ. Since then, Ive installed H&R race springs, Cobra front brakes and braided stainless steel lines, JLT cold air intake, SVE 75mm throttle body and plenum, coolant radiator overflow delete, grill delete, wing delete, and I have MM caster/camber plates that i haven't gotten around to install yet. Its my daily driver and I enjoy driving it around, just need more power, but I have a plan for that .

Here is how it sits now.
IMG_2203 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr

IMG_2195 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr

IMG_2193 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr

IMG_2194 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr

IMG_2212 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr

IMG_2211 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr

DSC01929 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr

Ill post another picture of the engine bay after i give it a good cleaning
IMG_2521 by BOOSTED Z06, on Flickr
03redzo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 06:22 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
For a 13 year old car that thing looks clean as hell. That's what I miss about living in Cali. Cars are not subjected to the elements that ruin cars. I live in va now, and I have to wash my car 2-3 times a week to keep it clean. Do you have a before pic? Sounds like you had quite a bit if hours having fun removing plasti dip

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have any pictures of when I picked it up, but the wing was plasti dip, trunk, rear lower bumper, side markers, badges, front part of hood, hood scoop, front grill. And they added a thin layer of plasti dip, so it was a pain in the butt to remove. I have a picture of the broken chain guides and tensioners that I removed lol. Before I went to go look at it, I asked the guy if there were any type of leaks, motor issues, or dents, and he said no, there was nothing wrong with the car. So I had a friend drive me 3hrs to go pick it up. I get there and I spot a couple of dents, then they turn it on, and it's making some crazy rattling noise behind the timing chain cover, and i also look underneath and see that the whole undercarriage is covered in oil. I tell them that they told me the car was in perfect running order and there was nothing wrong with it, they say that the noise just happened and goes on to tell me that he is a mechanic and the noise is a bad belt lmao, I tell him, your a bad mechanic cause that noise is coming from the timing chain, he says no, it's the belt. And the oil that's all over the undercarriage is from another car lmao, I say no, it looks like it's coming from the power steering hose, and all they have to say is that just happened right now. i ask them if I could drive it to see if the car is ok, they say no cause if I break it, I won't buy it, I tell them that's why I want to go on a test drive, so after I argued with them, I told them fine, you drive it and I'll sit shot gun, they agree. On the test drive I also find out the icv is screwed up, I ask what that weird noise was, and he says its the stock intake cause there is a k&n filter in there, Im like no lol. Either way, I wanted the car cause the body and paint looked ok. He was asking 5k for the car, lowered it to 4k. I used that cash to fix everything that was wrong with it.

The body is pretty good, but it still has a couple of dents here and there. The car also had a bunch of water spots on it. I gave it a good detail to get that shine lol. Btw, I wash mine, once a week lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Man your brave. I don't think I would have bought it with all that shadiness. But it sounds like it worked out. I actually just bought a used rim for my car and it was dipped poorly, started pulling it off but ran into the thin layers. So I googled how to remove it, of course there are a million ways people have done it, but the plasti dip web site recommends recoating it. Sounds silly but it actually works. Nothing sticks to it better and once it's thickened up and fresh it comes right off. I think it's funny though, of course the company that sells it says "hey buy more and apply it so you can get it off" lol.

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I figured it wouldn't be to hard to fix, it took me about a weekend to fix it and get it running good.

I know what you mean about laying a couple more layers so it comes off in one piece. Rather than going to the store to buy plasti dip, I had some goo gone and sprayed it on, waited a couple of minutes and just wiped it off lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings