Newbie from NE - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #1

Region: Nebraska
Newbie from NE

Searching around looking for some answers to a question I have about my new 2002 Mustang convertible I just bought and came accross this site and decided to register and give it a try. Looks very informative and a lot of smart "Stang-Heads" hanging around. I have a feeling I'll be a regular visitor.
K2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Welcome from NorCal. What's ur question?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:23 AM   #3

Hi fomoco4life, thank you for your response,

I bought my 2002 Convertible about a week ago ~ needed some work. New tires, Serpentine belt, muffler, new brakes all around. Car came back with only 2 new tires in back, with the previous back tires rotated to front. Unbelievably, the front rt. tire had a sidewall ripple & bubble which spells blowout, & they didn't put the bracket on the muffler, so that was clanging around & making noise. Took car back very next day for the 2 new tires in front, & bracket put on muffler. Immediately after driving out of shop, car was vibrating very rough at idle in drive, but not in neutral or park. It drives smooth, shaking/vibration is only at complete stop in drive. I thought the engine or transmission were going to just drop out the vibration was so bad. Never had this problem before taking it back to have them put the other 2 tires & bracket on. Took it back very next day again & he told me it was transmission mount~ oil soaked. Said it was no big deal & I didn't need to worry about it and it was no safety issue. I could drive the car to California & back with no problem. He said I could go quite a while before replacing the mount. I asked about the motor mounts, & he said they were good and were not an issue. This makes no sense to me. Is there any truth to what this guy is tellling me? It seems to me I should replace the tranny mount ASAP & it's funny to me that immediately after pulling out of his shop the day before is when the problem started. Is this guy BS'ing me? Or a coincidence? I need to go out of town Saturday for photoshoot & now I'm nervous. Do I need to worry? Is it safe to drive until I have enough money to fix it? Also, could it be from the exhaust system somewhere? I still hear clanging noises when I go over the slightest bump in the road.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise on my problem here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Bad motor mount and trans mounts can cause catastrophic failures elsewhere, I certainly wouldn't drive with bad mounts. If the mount is soaked in fluid, wouldn't that indicate a leaky trans? I'd get a second opinion. Hard to diagnose over the internet

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #5

Ok, thank you. I thought this mechanic was talking out of his backside telling me nothing to worry about, blah, blah, blah. I agree with you ~ I'll take it to another mechanic that I've heard good reviews from & hope he does me right. If the trans was leaky, wouldn't the fluid show up low when checked? I checked it & the level was perfect, looked nice & "clear" pink ~ no little metal shavings or any garbage like that in the fluid.

Thank you for your response ~ I so appreciate it!
Old 03-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sometimes a disconnected vacuum line can cause an issue like that. Not sure if this is your cause but it could be. Look around and see if any hoses have come off

Currently- 1986 2.3L lx notchback, conversion to SVO 2.3L turbo automatic notchback.
xCrystalxMariex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #7

Thank you ~ I definitely will check the vacuum hoses. I appreciate it.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hope it helps. I took mine in for a tune up and left with a motor that looked like it was having a seizure. The guy forgot to hook up one line. Found the line, hooked it up, no more seizure. Oh and I was trippin too. Lol.

Currently- 1986 2.3L lx notchback, conversion to SVO 2.3L turbo automatic notchback.
xCrystalxMariex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:29 AM   #9

Yeah, on Monday we're taking it to the mechanic who used to work on my boyfriends Jaguar. God, I hope that's the cause ~ I'll stick my head under the hood & crawl underneath the front end looking for the vacuum hose. But, we're still taking it to the mechanic, though. Thanks for the idea of the vacuum hose, I never would have thought of it. I'll check it tomorrow, or wait till Monday & have Mike the mechanic look at it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate it ~ thank you.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:38 AM   #10

Region: Ohio
welcome
jckennell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Kim welcome to Mustang Evolution!

MOTM winner May 2015 "Best mods Mustang". Please View my Garage for complete details on modifications.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:13 AM   #12

Thank you Scott2!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings