New member from Northern Indiana - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Talking New member from Northern Indiana

I am new here in the sense that I just registered but have been lurking here for some time finding answers to problems I have had on my newly acquired Mustang. I now am the proud owner of a zinc yellow 2002 Mustang convertible, with very low mileage. I bought it as a project car as it sat for almost two years in the elements without being started, moved or protected in any manner. It has leaks in the top which allowed the trunk to fill with water and standing water on the passenger side rear floor board. Also the driver's door window glass had dropped out of the channel, and someone had opened up the door and bent an arm so that it would hold up the window glass. There are a few minor scrapes and body damage on the front bumper, but nothing a bra cannot cover. Long story short, I got the car cheap, got it home and have dried it out, cleaned it all up, replaced the window regulator (Glass still needs to be glued into the channels), changed all the fluids, and am driving it . I am going to install a brand new top and am going to try and do it myself.
I am and always have been a backyard mechanic. I am soon to be 65 years old and am retired (fixed income) so cash flow is slim. That is why I try to fix anything myself. This site has provided tons of information and helpful hints and am very happy to now be a new member. Thank You.
yogibooboorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Welcome! Sounds good that you are wanting to tackle everything yourself. I am originally from Elkhart, Indiana. Which is northern Indiana as well.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
My new addition

Here is a photo of the car taken right after getting it home.
yogibooboorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
Kevin.Cook

That doesn't look bad at all. I am sure you will have its maintenance updated and patched up in no time.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Congrats on the car; I like the painted wheels. ME is a great place to find answers to common issues. Welcome
f07mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Welcome to the forum. I've got a few years on you and have been retired since 2011. I've been a "shade tree" mechanic all of my life also.
Looks like a great project and in very decent shape.
There are a lot of guys on the early side of this site that are extremely knowledgeable on the 2002/3/4 cars and if you have any questions I'm sure they can help you out if you get stuck.
Keep us advised on your progress.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings