My new to me 2011 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #1

Region: Iowa
My new to me 2011 GT

Hey how's it going everyone, I have been a long time reader of the forums and learning everything I can about the new 5.0. Well the stars finally aligned and I found an amazing 1 owner 2011 GT manual transmission, silver with twin black stripes from front to back. I instantly fell in love with it, got the wife's approval (very reluctantly), got a check from the bank and drove 100 miles handed them my keys and took it home! Huge upgrade from my 2008 hhr ss (modified), was a fun little 4cyl turbo but this 5.0 is simply on a whole other level.

I plan on keeping it stock until it's paid off per the agreement with my wife lol , which should be just 2 years time, maybe exhaust but that would be it. Gonna be a daily driver and a weekend warrior when I have time at the 1/4 mile track. Can't wait to make a lot of memories at the track and other events with friends and my kids. Car seat is already in the back and my 2 year old loves the 5.0 each time i start it he tells me hes ready for this horsey to rumble! My 11 year old is already asking when we can do headers, exhaust, supercharger and dyno tune lol so I think the Mod bug has already hit him!

So thanks to everyone who shared their experience both good and bad with this car and look forward to being a mustang owner!
Jason

wowjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Congrats man. Loved the Silver Ingot 5.0 I had was a 2011 also. Welcome to the site and brotherhood. Have a blast. One question??? Doesn't your wife know you made a promise you cant keep... LMAO
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingbeast5.0 View Post
Congrats man. Loved the Silver Ingot 5.0 I had was a 2011 also. Welcome to the site and brotherhood. Have a blast. One question??? Doesn't your wife know you made a promise you cant keep... LMAO
I mean I'm very convincing... LOL but I think I can hold off as it will only be 2 years. I have a buddy who has a muffler delete system he never used that hes willing to give me free just for finally getting my dream car!

I"m really excited to start going to meets, shows and of course the 1/4 mile track! only downside is I have to figure out how to buy a helmet again now that I will need one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon

Nice looking Mustang and I know the feeling about your kids liking the car. My grand kids love it.
I just got out of drag racing after almost 40 years and although my old drag car is now in New Zealand I still carry my racing suit/shoes/gloves/Nomex underware and helmet in the back of the Mustang..............you never know when it will come in handy.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #5

Thank you! Gave me a scare tonight i backed out of the driveway and there was a 6 inch spot of oil on the ground... so i immediately started diagnosing what it could be... while under the car i looked over to see a huge puddle under our subaru (oil changed yesterday by jiffy lube) and realized my wife was parked in my spot after her oil change. Yup sure enough they didn't tighten the filter lol huge sigh of relief followed by a drive to make me feel better!
Old 07-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #6

quick little update! with a good hand detailing and a little luck in only my second show the new 5.0 brought home some hardware! received the most votes for the top 75 cars at the 8th annual cruising for kids charity car show! what a great time and early first memory with the car!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Great!
Trophy in hand is always a great feeling!
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
My new to me 2011 GT

Nice! I also won my first charity show in my Roush. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Great!
Trophy in hand is always a great feeling!
I typically go to these just for fun and the experience and never any intention of winning anything HAHA! Just goes to show people love the 5.0's I was completely in shock (as were the corvette guys) when they called me up for #1 of the best 75! what a great time! my kids cant stop telling anyone who will listen about it
Old 07-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Nice! I also won my first charity show in my Roush. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
it really does and seeing my boys jumping up and down was even better!
Old 07-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ragtopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
My new to me 2011 GT

Yea, my nephew was with me and he was so tickled. I gave him the plague and kept showing it to everyone. It was like he just conquered the world. Little bonehead delete the photo I got of him next to the car with the plaque, though.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Congrats. Enjoy your new ride.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Yea, my nephew was with me and he was so tickled. I gave him the plague and kept showing it to everyone. It was like he just conquered the world. Little bonehead delete the photo I got of him next to the car with the plaque, though.
that's a bummer about the photo! but yeah my boys keep stopping anyone who will listen haha cracks me up!
Old 07-20-2015, 09:05 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Congrats! I found mine used also, in great shape. First used car I've ever bought, but it was in "showroom" condition.

Hodor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Tags
2011 gt