New guy from Atlanta - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
New guy from Atlanta

I’ve already made a couple of posts, but I guess I should formally introduce myself. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I’ve just purchased my first Mustang a couple weeks ago. I got a great deal on a Race Red 2012 V6 Premium with the 6-speed manual and the Pony Package (sadly, no Performance Package). Despite being 3 years old already, she only had 7,800 miles on her when I picked her up. Some might say she’s not even broken in yet!

I’ve wanted a Mustang ever since I was 15 years old, when back in 1979 my brother came home with a 1967 Hardtop with a 390 engine and an automatic transmission. Man, that thing was FAST! I was hoping he’d let me drive it when I got my learner’s permit the following year. Sadly, it was not to be. He got hit by a drunk driver and it was totaled just weeks before I got my permit. My brother was okay, but he couldn’t afford to restore it, so I never got the chance to drive it.

I would’ve loved to have gotten a new 2014 last year, since both me and the Mustang turned 50 last year, but this 2012 will still do nicely! I can’t imagine doing much to her in the way of mods. I know she’s only the V6, but she’s plenty fast for me. Besides, her color makes me drive slower!

Cheers,
Jeff

P.S. Actually, I already have made one slight "mod". Not really a mod, more of an homage to my brother's '67's dashboard. And yes, I know that's an emblem from a '69-'70.

Jessica
2012 V6 Premium in Race Red, 6-speed manual w/ Pony Package
Stymyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
New guy from Atlanta

Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome to the Evolution! Beautiful color and wow those mileages are low! How much did it run you If you dont mind me asking.

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
Welcome to the Evolution! Beautiful color and wow those mileages are low! How much did it run you If you dont mind me asking.
Thanks! And I don't mind at all. $19,800. The dealer had the original window sticker in a PDF file that showed the sticker price was $28,100 in 2012.

Jessica
Old 08-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

WOW! That is incredible!
I thought mine was a steal! Certified Preowned with 18K miles for $18.8k out the door. Non premium too.
Man what a deal, once in a life time kind of deal. Congrats!

Old 08-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Muscle View Post
WOW! That is incredible!
I thought mine was a steal! Certified Preowned with 18K miles for $18.8k out the door. Non premium too.
Man what a deal, once in a life time kind of deal. Congrats!
Thanks! It was a deal I just couldn't pass up. The dealer told me they were really wanting to sell it because, well, it's a manual, and manual cars don't sell too well in Atlanta, and it had been on their lot too long as a result. Fortunately for me, I was wanting to get back into a manual again, so I really lucked out!

Jessica
Old 08-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Only way to drive my friend. THE ONLY WAY to drive...Manual Transmissions for the win!

Old 08-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome! And congrats! Emblem looks great and, yes, manuals are the only way to drive!
Also, it's hard not to mod I am sure in time u will get the itch as there are so many cool things to do! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ragtopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I 100% agree on the manual. I bought a 2011 GT when the coyotes first came out, and as a concession to my wife was "persuaded" to buy an auto. It was good for what it was, but I always regretted it afterward. It wasn't a drag car, and I just missed the feel of driving a manual. I was excited beyond belief when she talked me into trading it in and getting a '14 GT 6-speed. Yeah, it sucks sometimes when in stop-and-go traffic (I can probably kick a football to the moon with my left leg after dealing with traffic on I-95 following the American Muscle show a few weeks ago), but there's nothing like the feeling of total control when hitting some of the curvy back roads. Glad you found yours too, and welcome to the herd!
'14 GT Prem; Sterling Gray w/Silver Metallic Rally Stripes; 6-Speed M/T; Electronics & Comfort Package; 3.55 gears; SR Performance Springs; Koni Str.T Struts & Shocks; Whiteline Panhard Bar; Whiteline Rear Lower Control Arms & Relocation Brackets; J&M Caster/Camber Plates; Rohana RC7 20x10's w/255/35/20 Goodyear Eagle Sport All Seasons; C&L CAI; BAMA V2 93R Tune; Roush Axlebacks; Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts; SunTek CXP 45% Tint; Cervini's Upper & Lower Billet Grilles & Type IV Ram Air Hood.
Sterling 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling 5.0 View Post
I 100% agree on the manual. I bought a 2011 GT when the coyote's first came out, and as a concession to my wife was "persuaded" to buy an auto. It was good for what it was, but I always regretted it afterward. It wasn't a drag car, and I just missed the feel of driving a manual. I was excited beyond belief when she talked me into trading it in and getting a '14 GT 6-speed. Yeah, it sucks sometimes when in stop-and-go traffic (I can probably kick a football to the moon with my left leg after dealing with traffic on I-95 following the American Muscle show a few weeks ago), but there's nothing like the feeling of total control when hitting some of the curvy back roads. Glad you found yours too, and welcome to the herd!
That traffic on I95 was absolutely horrid the show weekend. I've been in bad traffic on 95 before, but that was the worst I've seen.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome! Nice looking car so far!
S197 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:38 PM   #12

Region: Arkansas
Welcome

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
jony09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Welcome from Tennessee. Beautiful pony! If there's anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings