New from Chicago - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
New from Chicago

What's up guys,

So I'm a new owner here and it's my first purchase as an adult . I picked up a 2014 V6 Premium Coupe!!! I've had it 2 weeks so far and I cannot get enough of it! I've wanted a Mustang since the age of 9 and finally got myself one! Unfortunately the Coyote was a little out of my budget but the v6 in the 2014 has surprised me with the pick up on it.

Didn't even realize that there was any mods done to the car until I got home and found the stock airbox in the trunk and then found an SR Performance intake under the hood! So in the last two weeks all I've done is swap the license plate bulbs for LED, the interior dome lights for LED and then just yesterday I had my side markers, rear bumper reflectors and 3rd brake light smoked and it looks stellar! Future plans are mostly cosmetic including black AMR wheels, lowering springs, new fender badges (probably black 3.7 badges so that the Tri-bar doesn't ruin my flow and i don't have to have alignment holes filled). Then also looking at the Rousch Louvres and the black billet grille. Thoughts on that? I just want a clean and classy but all black mustang. I'm open to suggestions!

Previous car was a 2007 VW GTI which I loved to death but of course the check engine light was prone as with many VW engines so I decided to get rid of it before it caused more issues. I got it up to Stage 2 at one point which was basically Injen intake, APR downpipe and GIAC Stage 2 ECU flash. Quick but problems galore.

Attached some pics of both cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stang1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	194791   Click image for larger version

Name:	vw.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	998.2 KB
ID:	194792  

BentleyDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Welcome!

Congrats on the 2014 and welcome to the mustang community. The 3.7 V6's are pretty impressive engines, gone are the days of the v6 being the penalty box engine if you didn't end up with a V8.

Car looks good, is it the 6spd? If so look into a Barton or Steeda short throw shifter. Easy mod to install that makes a huge difference.

I'm assuming she's your daily driver..been lucking out with the mild winter we have been having soo far.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentleyDean View Post
What's up guys,

So I'm a new owner here and it's my first purchase as an adult . I picked up a 2014 V6 Premium Coupe!!! I've had it 2 weeks so far and I cannot get enough of it! I've wanted a Mustang since the age of 9 and finally got myself one! Unfortunately the Coyote was a little out of my budget but the v6 in the 2014 has surprised me with the pick up on it.

Didn't even realize that there was any mods done to the car until I got home and found the stock airbox in the trunk and then found an SR Performance intake under the hood! So in the last two weeks all I've done is swap the license plate bulbs for LED, the interior dome lights for LED and then just yesterday I had my side markers, rear bumper reflectors and 3rd brake light smoked and it looks stellar! Future plans are mostly cosmetic including black AMR wheels, lowering springs, new fender badges (probably black 3.7 badges so that the Tri-bar doesn't ruin my flow and i don't have to have alignment holes filled). Then also looking at the Rousch Louvres and the black billet grille. Thoughts on that? I just want a clean and classy but all black mustang. I'm open to suggestions!

Previous car was a 2007 VW GTI which I loved to death but of course the check engine light was prone as with many VW engines so I decided to get rid of it before it caused more issues. I got it up to Stage 2 at one point which was basically Injen intake, APR downpipe and GIAC Stage 2 ECU flash. Quick but problems galore.

Attached some pics of both cars.
Welcome, The 2010+ mustangs dont have alignment holes btw
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.
Very nice mustang.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #5

Unfortunately not a 6 speed. Being a daily I didn't want to sit in the nation's worst bottle neck driving manual for several hours a day.

As for alignment holes, I actually heated up the right side and got pony pretty loose and noticed there was an alignment hole on the back of the tri-bar pony.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nothing wrong with that. The 6spd autos are very competent.

Depending on your driving habits, commute etc. it may be worth looking into some Blizzak tires for when we actually get some snow/ice. Or picking up a cheap set of wheels to mount the winter tires on and use just in the winter months.

Not sure what the factory rubber is on the 2011-2014's or how good it is.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 12-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #7

Blizzak are on the to-buy list for sure. I struggled with the GTI in the snow so I can only imagine this car. As for factory rubber I believe that have I Pirelli P-Zero on there right now and since it was a CPO car the tires are brand new (thank god)

Sent via carrier pigeon
Old 12-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

Let's hope this weather sticks around though! My tcm light flashed at me last night in the rain under barely half throttle so I can't imagine snow.

Sent via carrier pigeon
Old 12-13-2015, 07:58 PM   #9

Any local recommendations for powder coating? I'm not sure if I would powder coat these factory wheels or purchase AMR wheels

Sent via carrier pigeon
Old 12-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good! I'm in Chicago as well. Maybe I'll see you around!

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean14 View Post
Absolutely! The guys on the VW Forums would do meets & cruises during the better months of the year, so if there's any of that around Chicago then let me know!
Old 12-14-2015, 08:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Any local recommendations for powder coating? I'm not sure if I would powder coat these factory wheels or purchase AMR wheels

Sent via carrier pigeon
I am sure there are numerous shops down there that would do it, but by the time you pay to have the factory wheels powdercoated you can damn near buy new wheels, unless you really like the factory wheels and want to get them done. I vote AMR's lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely! The guys on the VW Forums would do meets & cruises during the better months of the year, so if there's any of that around Chicago then let me know!
You guys should make the drive up for Automotion in the Wisconsin Dells next year. It's usually the 3rd weekend in May and is HUGE. Tons of cars, domestics, imports, old and late models just cruising around. There's a classic car show, couple burnout competitions etc, and it gets pretty wild at Fri/Sat night. There's usually a few M.E.er's that show up.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post

You guys should make the drive up for Automotion in the Wisconsin Dells next year. It's usually the 3rd weekend in May and is HUGE. Tons of cars, domestics, imports, old and late models just cruising around. There's a classic car show, couple burnout competitions etc, and it gets pretty wild at Fri/Sat night. There's usually a few M.E.er's that show up.
Hmmmm. I will look into this. Maybe get a cruise together with some local Mustangers!

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Hmmmm. I will look into this. Maybe get a cruise together with some local Mustangers!
i'm in if you do!

I'm thinking that purchasing AMR's are the best bet and i'll just use my current tires since they are practically brand new P-Zero's

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings