2013 Mustang V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2013 Mustang V6

I've always liked the new retro mustangs when they first showed up and figured one day I'd get one.

When the 2013 mustang hit the streets I REALLY had to get one. I instantly fell in love with it!

After constant car trouble and just hating my old 98 Honda Accord I finally gave in and bought a 2013 V6 Mustang this past December and love my car so much!

I'm excited to modify it! Not because I wish I had got a V8 or had enough money to buy a Shelby but because I love it and just want to invest in it.

I'm excited about this forum and all the knowledge I hope to get from all of you! Can't wait!
BadNews01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Wow, you sound weirdly similar to me. I started out with a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse and put so much time and money in repairs alone. After three and a half years I eventually just snapped one evening after spending a Saturday trying to fix an oil leak and put it up for sale. Maxed out my financial resources a couple months later and picked up my Mustang and haven't looked back since. Really makes you appreciate what you have, and that was the best decision I've ever made.

No shame in a V6, I absolutely love mine. Welcome to the forum and happy modding!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Same here, before I bought my mustang I had a Saab 93 turbo with 140,000 miles on it. That car was a beater hand me down, had no heat or AC and the shocks where blown. But I still did love her. When it came time to buy a new car I went with a mustang 3.7, I aways wanted a mustang since I was a kid so I had to get it, I did want the 5.0 but to much for me at this point in my life. I dont think there is any shame in a v6 I love it lots of power and pretty good mpg depending on how you drive it. Anyway good luck with your new car and have lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
etr3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2016, 07:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNews01 View Post
I've always liked the new retro mustangs when they first showed up and figured one day I'd get one.

When the 2013 mustang hit the streets I REALLY had to get one. I instantly fell in love with it!

After constant car trouble and just hating my old 98 Honda Accord I finally gave in and bought a 2013 V6 Mustang this past December and love my car so much!

I'm excited to modify it! Not because I wish I had got a V8 or had enough money to buy a Shelby but because I love it and just want to invest in it.

I'm excited about this forum and all the knowledge I hope to get from all of you! Can't wait!
Congrats on the purchase of your 13 3.7. Great car to mod and make a super fun street car. There is a difference between not being able to afford something and not willing to pay the extra funds for something.

That's where the 5.0/3.7 purchase chose came in for me as well. I love the 5.0's, I considered buying a 5.0 but didn't like and want it enough to where I was willing to spend the extra 7,500 dollars for it. Yes, I could of afforded the extra monthly cost on the 5.0 but no I was not wiling to pay the extra cost for it.

Not only was the base 5.0, 7,500 dollars more back in 2010 when I bought but the 5.0 needed thousands and thousands of dollars in mods. Gears, tune, full exhaust system, CAI, better tires, nicer wheels, suspension work, apperence mods.

I'm very happy with my 3.7!

Non 🍼and non 🌽fed. I $uck!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Congrats on your 2013 stang .I got mine last July totally enjoying it. I believe these 3.7s are getting the respect they deserve as they can keep up with the 4.6 and most v8s out there. Enjoy the car and once you get the mod bug you can't stop it !
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Awesome man, you can hear your enthusiasm coming through in your post. Mod it, have fun with it, personalize it. Lots of guys on here that can give you plenty of insight and knowledge on what works, what doesn't, what's good, and what isn't. Welcome to the forum, happy modding!
la pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome BadNews

Terry
equine48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcman50 View Post
Welcome BadNews

Terry
Okay, okay, could you please just welcome him and stop rubbing in the sunny, warm, Palm Coast stuff. I mean, . . . . . .really.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the welcomes! I tried posting pictures to my original post but it's been awhile since I've been on a forum so I forget the tricks of the trade.

Will post pics once I figure it out! Lol
Old 02-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panther View Post
Okay, okay, could you please just welcome him and stop rubbing in the sunny, warm, Palm Coast stuff. I mean, . . . . . .really.
Sounds like someone has warm weather envy

And yes today and tomorrow we are at 78F

Terry
equine48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 02:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcman50 View Post
Sounds like someone has warm weather envy

And yes today and tomorrow we are at 78F

Terry
78F huh? You had to go there, didn't you? That's it, I'm blocking your posts so I don't have to see them.

To the OP, any mods you have in mind to start off with?
Old 02-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Panther View Post
78F huh? You had to go there, didn't you? That's it, I'm blocking your posts so I don't have to see them.

To the OP, any mods you have in mind to start off with?

Well, I was asking on another thread what is a good mod for lower rpm acceleration and I'm leaning towards gears and a tuner first.

The only thing I've added so far was replace the air filter with a K&N filter but I wouldn't really consider it a mod per say even though I do notice a slight different in acceleration "smoothness"
Old 02-03-2016, 10:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Welcome and nice car!
PendletonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Welcome, and excellent choice with the 2016 v6. I have not regretted mine at all I love the 13/14s!

Quote:

SB 2013 v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:57 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I was asking on another thread what is a good mod for lower rpm acceleration and I'm leaning towards gears and a tuner first.

The only thing I've added so far was replace the air filter with a K&N filter but I wouldn't really consider it a mod per say even though I do notice a slight different in acceleration "smoothness"
Gears will make a sizable difference, a tune will definitely improve it also. From what I've read on other threads concerning gear installs, MAKE SURE wherever you take your Mustang to have the gears installed REALLY KNOWS what they're doing. There are some guys that didn't make out so well, but there are several that didn't have any issues.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:32 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

good luck with your new car man but don't go crazy with mods right away .ford is cracking down big time on gas performance mods and voiding the power train warranty's,
back in aug of 15 they gave the dealers this one. 28 pages of how to look for and finds the mods right down to how to find out if a tuner has been used
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gas Engine Performance Modifications Job Aid.pdf (2.01 MB, 43 views)
captchas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome to the Stang Family here at MeVo!

Even more of a welcome - Welcome to the Sixxer club!

Believe me once that first mod comes in you will not be able to stop!

2012 101a Mustang V6 M/T 6-Speed
3.7Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
good luck with your new car man but don't go crazy with mods right away .ford is cracking down big time on gas performance mods and voiding the power train warranty's,
back in aug of 15 they gave the dealers this one. 28 pages of how to look for and finds the mods right down to how to find out if a tuner has been used

Thanks for the info! Yeah I worry about the warranty too. Not sure when I'll start modding. I want to make sure I do my research first and obviously save up for it.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Tags
2013 mustang

« New here | Newbie »