Rocky Mountain High - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Rocky Mountain High

Hello from Colorado! I bought a 2011 Manual V6 Base Model in Race Red. I recently graduated college in December and with my first "real adult" job decided to reward myself. I have always been a Mustang fan as my friends dad had a beautiful '66 that I loved. When searching for the right car I bounced between a Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang. Low and behold I found my dream car with 35,000 miles for $12,000 at a Nissan dealer. Had 1 local owner and the Nissan dealer threw in a 6 year 100,000 mile warranty that covered repairs at any shop, a rental car, and hotel if I'm ever stranded (too good of a deal to pass up). This is my first performance car after driving a 1998 Chrysler Sebring and a 2006 Kia Spectra. Hope to learn a lot on these forums and get the most out of my Stang.

Pictures to come soon! Colorado still getting blizzards in the end of March has made it difficult to wash the car and get a pic that does it justice.
parkerbickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome, fellow Coloradoan! Are you guys still getting snowed on over there? The snow's mostly cleared up, save for the foothills up here. When you get the chance, post some pics
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well last week it was 75 degrees on Friday, spitting snow and rain and about 31 degrees on Saturday and 75 degrees on Sunday. I'm just waiting for the weather to reach more of a pattern so I don't wash it and then get ruined the next day haha. Today is looking good though so I should be able to wash it and get pictures by the end of the night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
Well last week it was 75 degrees on Friday, spitting snow and rain and about 31 degrees on Saturday and 75 degrees on Sunday. I'm just waiting for the weather to reach more of a pattern so I don't wash it and then get ruined the next day haha. Today is looking good though so I should be able to wash it and get pictures by the end of the night.
Sounds good. Every single time I wash my car, it rains a day later. Luckily dirt and stuff doesn't show too much on mineral gray
2001 3.8L - Cheap SR CAI, SF4/X4 w/ 91 Octane Bama Tuning, Pacesetter H-pipe and Borla Stingers, Auburn HP Limited-Slip Diff, FRPP 4.10 gears

Coming EVENTUALLY: BBK headers, Eibach Springs, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
Old 04-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudenInduven View Post
Sounds good. Every single time I wash my car, it rains a day later. Luckily dirt and stuff doesn't show too much on mineral gray
I always see dirt and spots on my red. Plus my Girlfriend lives out on a country road with a long dirt drive so I always try to wash it when I get the chance otherwise it always is dirty.
Old 04-06-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerbickel View Post
I always see dirt and spots on my red. Plus my Girlfriend lives out on a country road with a long dirt drive so I always try to wash it when I get the chance otherwise it always is dirty.
I only end up washing my car if 1) I'm going to wax it, or 2) I have family or friends coming to visit. Since I park outside, it's not worth it to wash any more than that

Old 04-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Race Red is the fastest color!
Old 04-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the car right now. Most of the upgrades I've done are interior but I have new tail lights, spear stripes, and a GT Premium Steering Wheel coming in the mail. Mostly I'm trying to do interior mods first as I will interact with those directly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1459971138414.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	199331   Click image for larger version

Name:	1459971152014.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	199332  

Old 04-07-2016, 07:39 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome from another Coloradan! What are your plans for the car?
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Looking at new wheels (those are plasti dip stock ones) and spear stripes on the cowl for now. Until I get more money to afford things like a tuner or gears that'll be mostly what I do for the mean time. Got a used fair condition GT Premium steering wheel off eBay for $45.00 that I'm reconditioning which the whole thing will end up costing me $175 so it'll be cheaper than buying it new. Also have new smoked tail lights and headlight tint coming in this weekend so I'll update my garage once I have everything installed. Also did a poor mans SYNC with GROM audio Bluetooth box for $195.00.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome fellow Coloradoan. Looks nice Now that the snow has stopped *cross fingers* CDOT will get out the street sweepers and I can get mine out of storage to play
Old 05-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome to the forum!!
LMS 93 Performance-3 Bar V4 tune-160*Tstat-SP534 plugs-Windstorm-H&R Exp Springs
LeoGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings