Mustang Evolution Forum banner

First time owner, Car destroyed, with pics :(

2K views 18 replies 19 participants last post by  andya 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have always been a fan of anything with 2 doors and a little power. My first car was a Saab 900s turbo and from there I have owned everything from Pontiacs to BMW's (late model). I bought my first Mustang this year. It *was* a 2016 Mustang 4 Cylinder turbo with literally every option except the GPS. It was love at first drive haha. The only thing I was thinking about a month after buying it was trading in for the 5.0. Until this happened.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

(IDK how to post pictures here)

I'm still in recovery so Ill have plenty of time to answer questions / defend the turbo 4 banger / cry about my baby being totaled.

What happened was, I was stopped at a red light when a drunk driver rear ended me doing ~70 mph in a 45 zone. Coma for 18 hours, broken leg / 3 ribs / collarbone, concussion, glass embedded into the side of my face, etc. BTW those anti shatter windows are not very anti shatter lol.

#19 ·
Been there, done that.

There was a drunk kid that took out the wife's Z28. He was 19, drunk, no license, no insurance driving a non-registered truck. He also ran. I jumped on my motorcycle and chased him down, took his keys and turned him over to the police.

GEICO agreed to total the car and that weekend we bought another newer Z28.

#5 ·
Wow, I'm happy your not paralyzed or dead after a hit like that.
Good luck and I hope you have a fast recovery after that.
Ronnie

#7 ·
Wow! Congratulations on surviving that one. Hope you have a speedy recovery. And collect enough insurance money to put yourself in a GT!! Oh yeah.....welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#11 ·
Before I finished reading your post on what happened, I was picturing a semi taking out the backend. Wow. That is a bad looking wreck. Glad you survived. Injures sound bad enough, but you are very lucky. Hope for a speedy full recovery!

Now on to the V8. Go for it.

#12 ·
Holy accordions, Batman. Glad to hear you're still here to tell the story. Eager to find out what you replace it with...

--rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.