Mustang Evolution Forum banner

I'm back

16K views 249 replies 14 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Just to see how stuff is going over here.
Looks really slow now

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#130 ·
Facebook user groups have them for sale all the time. You can find them on the corral or STVP relatively often too.

#133 ·
Yeah I try not to that much but for buying and selling car parts its worth it alone. LOTS of forums are going down to FB... unfortunately.

#137 ·
Hell I'm kicking around staying 2V now just to get my **** running. 34k mile Windsor heads on a 40k mile 4V block, get some stage 1 cushmans and a tune... I have till Beginning of October or its a part out... People rag on the 2V all the time... they're the new foxbodys as far as the aftermarket is concerned.

You're gonna do cams and valvesprings too right? 5800rpm redline=barf.

#141 ·
Also seeing pics of that 98 (first page) is really really making me regret selling that blue 98 I had... kind of dunno what I was thinking looking back on that. Cobra front, S281 wing, Saleen skirts, choice of hood and choice of wheels and they are gorgeous. Doesn't take very much...

I guess the good news is the NPI cars are so looked down on by ppl who have 0 clue how to work on these cars that they are DIRT cheap.

#143 ·
S281 is definitely the best looking one IMO. You can also go with the T1 wing if you want to be different, Tiger Racing still makes them.

#145 ·
Yeah I can imagine... nice... Gonna have a real nice SN95 there. Best sleeper there is IMO. People see "GT 4.6L" badge and assume dog**** slow.

#147 ·
That is one sexy *** pile of tubing and stuff!

#149 ·
Build is moving slowly. Just dropped heads off at the machine shop with the turbo manifolds. Port match/ full worked heads all being done. Moving slowly like I said. All the side jobs are taking up its time.

Taking delivery of this for a customer. Motor/trans/interior/wiring/ brakes all being done. Bumpers all that stuff
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Sedan

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#150 ·
Oh damn looks nice! And no build is as slow as mine you'll be done in no time lmao.

#152 ·
What you can't run PP'd heads with a KB? :p

Watch out for the port #5 issue.

#155 ·
Yo Rap... check it out!

Attachments

#158 ·
Sent him a PM, will LYK if he still has them if he responds.

#159 ·
Saw a few other sets of rods/pistons for a similar price. Lot of ppl seem to just get the cobra stuff or used stuff secondhand and then just throw it into a stock engine/crank without even balancing it. Bet they run forever like that too lol.

#160 ·
So what is going on with this thing? I know you are busy with customer cars but if I can get off my *** and finish my jalopy I know you can get the 2V going lol.

#161 · (Edited)
Waiting on my pistons to get here. Then I have to order a new block/rods and crank.

Hopefully once the wife and I get back from vacation in February i can get started on it again.
One day it will get done. I have more crap laying around to go on it, then I know what to do with. 1 time build though, all at once. Pull it in making 200 ish to tires. Leave making 600-650 ish.
But yes my only free days are Sundays and those have been dedicated to lift kits lately.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#163 ·
Finnaly got the axles in for the narrowed 8.8 on the f100. So it's on its own suspension now. The customer is loading it up on a trailer Wednesday to head to the exhaust shop. Then hopefully the driveshaft will be back by Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.