Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Hi all

3K views 70 replies 10 participants last post by  emilycel 
#1 ·
I never owned a Mustang before but test driven the v6, eco and the gt. They're all amazing to me since it's more powerful than what I drive now. I drive a Toyota Camry.

So since I can't afford a new gt, I found a 2014 with 17k miles. I'm on the fence about buying it or not. So yeah.... that's my story.

I came here to learn more and get some advice from people that already own Mustangs that know more than I do.

Em

#4 ·
I love it. It's fast and I love the look. Mine is a California special so it has a real nice look to the exterior and a little different interior. I have the electronics package with navigation as well. All in all its a great car. It is plenty powerful as well. I'd recommend a 5.0 coyote to anyone. I have the 6 speed manual in mine as well and I like that a lot. If you have any specific questions let me know. I'm happy to help any way I can.

#7 ·
Strange mud, I'm not sure why it's cheaper than others. I asked the guy and he said it had one owner and no accidents. Should I look for anything in particular because I don't really have someone to go with me that knows about cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

It's priced at 20k with 17k miles.

#10 ·
Pretty standard carfax report. Take it for what it is, meaning those things are only as accurate as the information fed to them. You need to find someone that knows about cars to go with you, or take it to a trusted shop for an inspection. Any pictures available? Also, what options? What transmission? Kinda hard to advise about a vehicle over the internet sight unseen.

#14 ·
View attachment 238449
Welcome! Just bought my 2014 Pony 3 weeks ago 35k with the Pony package for close to $17k. LOVE it. Never owned one before, and and also own a Camry.

Take the plunge.

Nice! Auto or manual? 3.7 or 5.0? Not a bad deal either way! I got my 2014 GT/CS manual for just under 23k... with 40k on the odometer. It's in real good shape and shifts very smooth. It's limited edition so I didn't mind paying a little more. But it was only about 1k more than others I was looking at with the same mileage but without all the bells and whistles like navigation and electronics package plus I really liked the differences in the interior/exterior that the CS had to offer. I love these cars! I test drove a 3.7 and was very impressed as well. Very very fast for a v6. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine!

#13 ·
+1 on getting it checked out by a car guy or mechanic. 1hr labor...if it's a good car is was money that will help you sleep better. If there are problems it was well worth it. If you are concerned about wtty a Ford dealer can tell if it's been tuned.
More common problems = squeeking over bumps front lca

rust bubbles inside front hood edge they look like blisters
the MT's can be fussy make sure it feels good when shifting. grinding = run away!!

#15 ·
I test drove the gt on Saturday and it was perfect. Exactly the way I wanted it.

But the bad news is, like someone said on top to not trust a carfax report.... the guy at the dealership said it was in two accidents. One was where a tree fell on the roof and was repaired. "Good as new" he said. The other accident, it was never reported to the insurance company or shows up on the carfax. This car was bought at an auction in Jersey by them.

I just left the little dealership after I was told about the accidents. After I came home, I went on their website again and noticed the sticker on the back that read "joel22gt" and googled it. It came back as a red powder wrapped mustang at a Allinone shop in Jersey. I'm not sure if it was just for looks or whatever but this car doesn't have a good past. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Parking Public space
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

I was kind of saddened to hear about the accidents because it was a beautiful gt. The pictures below were from the dealership before I took it for a test drive.

Oh well, my search continues for another gt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.