Hello Everyone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
Hello Everyone

I am Darrell from Marietta Ga. When I was in high school and college in the 80's I had a 66 Mustang Gt with a custom professionally built 289 engine with around 350 H.P. I loved that car and sold it in 1990. You know the story, wife, job, needed practical car. It is my biggest regret in life. I thought I would buy another one later on down the road but little did I know that prices would go up so dramatically for those 60's cars.

Last summer I was finally able to buy a 2007 Mustang GT convertible with a five speed. Mods I did to it were JLT CAI, 93 octane tune, lowering springs, adjustable Panhard rod, front and read strut braces. I also put a 3.73 rear end in it.
It already had a Hurst shifter, muffler deletes and catalytic converter deletes. (It has pre-cats which is all that is required in Georgia) It sounds and runs great.

I love this car. It's nice to get back into the Mustang family as I have missed my 66 for so many years. I am having fun now. The car is a lot cheaper to own than a wife that I finally got rid of, so it's a win win for me.
Darrell53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Welcome to a great, informative and friendly (for the most part) forum. And welcome back to Mustang ownership!!
My current 2015 GT ‘vert is my 5th Mustang and by far the best and most fun.
BTW......things are a little “quiet” on the forum during the winter months, but it will pick up when the weather warms, and we all get our pride and joys out of storage.......
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Going Back Much Farther......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell53 View Post
I am Darrell from Marietta Ga. When I was in high school and college in the 80's I had a 66 Mustang Gt with a custom professionally built 289 engine with around 350 H.P. I loved that car and sold it in 1990. You know the story, wife, job, needed practical car. It is my biggest regret in life. I thought I would buy another one later on down the road but little did I know that prices would go up so dramatically for those 60's cars.

Last summer I was finally able to buy a 2007 Mustang GT convertible with a five speed. Mods I did to it were JLT CAI, 93 octane tune, lowering springs, adjustable Panhard rod, front and read strut braces. I also put a 3.73 rear end in it.
It already had a Hurst shifter, muffler deletes and catalytic converter deletes. (It has pre-cats which is all that is required in Georgia) It sounds and runs great.

I love this car. It's nice to get back into the Mustang family as I have missed my 66 for so many years. I am having fun now. The car is a lot cheaper to own than a wife that I finally got rid of, so it's a win win for me.
Welcome! My first Mustang was ordered new in August, 1964, titled as a 1965, and took about 6 weeks to arrive, as ordered with "K" option, High Performance Package, about $440 (!!) extra. That option brought with it 5-lug axles, and a 9-inch rear axle, as well as Top-Loader 4-speed, 3.89 gears. It's S/N was
5F07K284486, bought from Murphy Motors in Cicero, Illinois. $3150.

Great, great, car! Crossed the U.S. in it many times, each year bringing some new changes to the car, like: a Borg-Warner H.D. overdrive added onto the Top-Loader. Here's the conversion:

And, the car, soon after getting it. Look at those puny tires! Firestone Redline Racing from Ford, 6.95 X 15! Got them off in a hurry!

65 k car is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome!
Old 01-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Welcome Aboard from Cutler Bay, FL.
07 GT. PREMIUM SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". FULL MAGNAFLOW COMPITION EXHAUST, LT. HEADERS AND X PIPE, LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R MORE LISTED INSIDE.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:01 AM   #7

Region: Georgia
Welcome to the group! Have fun with your new Mustang project.
revolver92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings