New member from Pittsburgh PA - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #1

New member from Pittsburgh PA

Whatsup everyone, new member from Pittsburgh here. I am in the process of buying my first mustang. I have a truck i will be trading in, and am looking to have my mustang within the next few weeks. I am looking at the v6 coupe. I was very impressed driving the v6, had more power than i thought it would. I was going to go for the gt but the insurance prices were a little high for me (im 21). Ive had my eye on the stang for a while, and have been doing a lot of research on it. I took a test drive yesterday. After the test drive i knew that was the car for me. Im thinking with it being the end of the year, and winter i could prob. get a steal on a brand new one. After rebates and everything, what do you guys think would a good deal be on a new 2008 v6 automatic coupe? Look forward to being a part of the forum.
SteelHouse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: New member from Pittsburgh PA

If you don't walk out the door with that car for under 18k before trade-in I'd go elsewhere. Remember, the 2010 mustang (new body style) will be coming out here soon...they're gonna need to move their current inventory. You are in a very good position.

1. People are getting away from sports cars
2. It's beginning winter-time
3. Most dealerships couldn't give cars away a few months ago.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Seeing as the 09's are out.. you should be able to get a GREAT deal on the '08s..

If you have a trade-in even better, they can mark up a much higher loss on those at the time of the sale than they can mark down on the car itself..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

welcome.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

welcome to the site. i used to be from pittsburgh too - only bad thing about mustangs is that they cannot handle PA winters well. even if its just an inch on the road, i would struggle with all the hills in pittsburgh. mine was a 99 though so im not sure if the 05+ are different.

anyways, mustangs are a hell of a lot of fun and i sure do miss torque and rwd. and i bet you can find one for relatively cheap... im thinking mid to high teens depending on used/new. if you are hellbent on new, id say floating around the 20k mark give or take a thousand should be a good price.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Welcome
Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #7

Thanks for the welcomes. Im thinking if i go new i will spend around 18. As for used the best deal i found was a 2008 with 15,000 miles on it for 13,600. only problem for me is its not the color i want interier or exterier. As for the PA winters...they are bad but i used to drive a camaro 90 miles round trip everyday in the winter and didnt have any problems...i dont see a mustang being any different. I do remember when there was snow on the ground getting started wasent fun, sitting there spinning tire for a while. Once you get going though its no different than anything else.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Try to wait towards the end of the month as thats when dealers are getting desperate to make sales id go with the gt if you can get a steal ya know.. other than that welcome

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:36 AM   #9

I was thinking end of the month too.

Lol if i could get a gt for under 18 id be all over it. Might have to be a little less because of my insurance being sky high but if i could get it for 18 i dont think id pass that up....i dont think that will happen though but who knows.

I was surprised by the power the 6 had though, i was expecting it to be slow. It was faster than my v6 camaro, and faster than my truck. I can def. see supercharging that in the future.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Welcome To M.E. :smoke: V6 stangs surprize alot of camaros

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings