New member from Scotland!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #1

New member from Scotland!!

Hello!!

I am 28 years old, I drive an Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Avant (hope I only have to type that out once), and classic American muscle cars have always had a special place in my life.

I love many cars from the 60's and 70's, and sadly since I live on Scotland I don't see that many

My Grandpa had a 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback which sparked off the interest when I was around 6 years old, and I have been a Mustang fan ever since.

I am looking into buying a classic Mustang some time in the near future, but I am just waiting for the right one to come up. A V8 and a manual transmission are a must

My favourite Mustang is the 1967 Shelby GT500, especially the Super Snake version, even though there was only one ever made!!

I think that will do for my introduction... If you would like to know more just ask.

I will look forward to seeing you all about on the forums!!
2007DBR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: New member from Scotland!!

welcome to the site!!!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
welcome to the site!!!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

welcome, you ever travel to the us?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
welcome, you ever travel to the us?
Yes I have been there a few times, a holiday in California, another one in Nashville (I am a guitarist, had to be done!) and I plan to drive route 66 one day!!

In a Mustang of course
Old 12-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

welcome to the site, good luck on the super snake purchase
Cobra GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

sounds like you have a plan. Welcome
Old 12-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor8335 View Post
welcome to the site, good luck on the super snake purchase
Hehe I think going after the original 1967 one would be a bit optimistic

The new ones look really nice though.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Welcome to the site!
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007DBR9 View Post
Hello!!

I am 28 years old, I drive an Audi A4 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Avant (hope I only have to type that out once), and classic American muscle cars have always had a special place in my life.
Welcome to the site. You'll like it!

When you come back to the States, hope you can visit the Smoky Mountains. Loads of people in this area trace their roots proudly back to Scotland.

Since you like the early Mustangs, take a look at this. They will sell you a brand new 1968 Bullitt Mustang.

Best wishes to you for a Happy Christmas!
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bullitt in MS.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	20070  
Old 12-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #12

Thank you both

I love the "new" 1968 Mustang, there are even a few in the UK which I have my eye on. I will start a thread if I find a really nice one.

I have always wanted to visit the Smoky Mountains, might be an idea for next year's vacation?

Again, VERY nice Chevelle! You are a lucky man! Enjoy it
Old 12-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwyche View Post
Welcome to the site. You'll like it!

When you come back to the States, hope you can visit the Smoky Mountains. Loads of people in this area trace their roots proudly back to Scotland.

Since you like the early Mustangs, take a look at this. They will sell you a brand new 1968 Bullitt Mustang.

Best wishes to you for a Happy Christmas!
Jim

It would be ever so cool if Jim the genius were to include the link to the new '68!
Mustangs Plus - Projects - Bullitt
Old 12-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #14

I thought you were talking about the new one in the attachment!!

I just saw your other thread about it, what a car!!

I do quite fancy one, I take it you are a fan too??
Old 12-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought you were talking about the new one in the attachment!!

I just saw your other thread about it, what a car!!

I do quite fancy one, I take it you are a fan too??
Absolutely! Jayne and I were married in 1967 and she had a new Yellow 1966 Mustang coupe. I was converted then from brand X and we've never been without one since!
Jim
Old 12-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #16

That's a long time with Mustangs! Did you like all of them? I know some of the 1970's ones were a bit controversial.

Have to say, I am a fan of most American muscle cars. The Oldsmobile Cutlass was a beauty, I wanted one for my first car for long enough. Mustang was always the favourite though
Old 12-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's a long time with Mustangs! Did you like all of them? I know some of the 1970's ones were a bit controversial.

Have to say, I am a fan of most American muscle cars. The Oldsmobile Cutlass was a beauty, I wanted one for my first car for long enough. Mustang was always the favourite though
Although it may be heresy too say so here, my favorite car in the 70's was Pontiac's 455 Grand Am. By a strange turn or affairs I wound up with two and continued to drive one into the early eighties. It was arguably the most comfortable automobiles I'd ever driven. With a slightly modified 455 it had enough torque to pull the earth backwards a quarter turn.

You'll have to look this one up. It was fast on the drag strip, quick and stable in autoX or track, and you could cruise for hours without wearing out. You'll have to make up your own mind about the styling.
Jim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	73pont02.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	20071   Click image for larger version

Name:	1973-1975-pontiac-grand-am-2.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	20072  

Name:	'73 Grand Am interior.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	20073  
Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #18

Yes they are very nice cars. I went to a muscle car show up here a few months ago, and there were 2 of them there. Didn't get to sit in one, but they do look fantastic!

What cars are you driving now, just Mustangs?
Old 12-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes they are very nice cars. I went to a muscle car show up here a few months ago, and there were 2 of them there. Didn't get to sit in one, but they do look fantastic!

What cars are you driving now, just Mustangs?
Just Mustangs and Jayne's 1999 Explorer. It has AWD with 4.10 gears fore and aft, V6, auto and 60,000 miles. it has been a wonderful vehicle. She likes the "up high" driving position so she can see everything. Her "Exploder", as we call it, is exactly like the illustration.
Jim
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #20

Ohh I do like them! You don't see too many over here in the UK, but they do look really good. There is so much room in them too, unlike many modern SUV's.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ohh I do like them! You don't see too many over here in the UK, but they do look really good. There is so much room in them too, unlike many modern SUV's.
She's out buying groceries and Christmas gifts right now in it. She gets 17-18 mpg in the city and about 21-22 on the freeways. But, she drives like the wind. it has every option from that year except leather and a sunroof.

What's you Audi like? Are you in a city or countryside? One of my colleagues just got a new (to him) Audi AWD TT coupe. It's fast as stink and he absolutely loves it.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwyche View Post
Although it may be heresy too say so here, my favorite car in the 70's was Pontiac's 455 Grand Am. By a strange turn or affairs I wound up with two and continued to drive one into the early eighties. It was arguably the most comfortable automobiles I'd ever driven. With a slightly modified 455 it had enough torque to pull the earth backwards a quarter turn.

You'll have to look this one up. It was fast on the drag strip, quick and stable in autoX or track, and you could cruise for hours without wearing out. You'll have to make up your own mind about the styling.
Jim

When brent and I went to NY for lake george this year we stayed with a buddy of mine up there. Here is his car that he has fully restored (it was beat when he first bought it a few years ago). His will be a beast when he puts some gears in it. It has stock 2.xx gears right now...strong as ****, but no get up and go due to lacking gears.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #23

That is not too bad for a big SUV like that.

My Audi is actually really good on diesel. I live sort of between the country and the city, but I drive around both regularly. I usually get around 44 mpg if I drive normally, and that drops to around 35 if you floor it. Town, between 30 and 40. On a long motorway cruise, I have seen 50.

Plus the performance is pretty good, and the diesel engine doesn't actually sound that bad. On the motorway you can't really tell its a diesel.

However these are British gallons, which will vary slightly from American gallons.

PureVenom, that is a stunning car. Is it a manual or an auto?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

IT's an auto. I forgot what tranny he put in it. Turbo 400 I think if that sounds right?

It's a bad *** car. He has 1/2" fuel lines in that thing. lol The motor is a fully rebuilt, forged, stroked 400. I forgot the cubes off the top of my head, but it is a stout car. Sounds great at idle too...very nice cam in it.

I figured Jim would appreciate it as it is the brother to the land yaghts he posted up. The car club I was in up there nicknamed his car a battleship. lol
Old 12-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
IT's an auto. I forgot what tranny he put in it. Turbo 400 I think if that sounds right?

It's a bad *** car. He has 1/2" fuel lines in that thing. lol The motor is a fully rebuilt, forged, stroked 400. I forgot the cubes off the top of my head, but it is a stout car. Sounds great at idle too...very nice cam in it.

I figured Jim would appreciate it as it is the brother to the land yaghts he posted up. The car club I was in up there nicknamed his car a battleship. lol
I do love them! Remember at the time those were mid-sized cars and many people considered them too small. Mine had a .060 over 455 with a Crane Fireball cam, Black Jack headers, Rhodes Lifters, DynoMax Mufflers, 780 Holley Carb, Turbo 400 with a shift kit and Vega torque converter with 3.90 gears. Out at Kearney Nebraska it ran 14.2 @ 106 on 78 Series Radials and open axle. With some traction it should have been in low 13's.

Don't have many pictures of them though. This is my son getting his driver's license in it. If you can imagine doing the driving test with a lumpy cam and a tiny converter.

To top that off, I'd given the car to my son, and he doesn't care two hoots about cars. They are just appliances, like a refrigerator, that get you from A to B with air and a stereo.

This is the second Grand Am. It had the same motor, I took a bodyshop class to do the body work and change the color from burgundy to white. It already had a red interior which really didn't work with the maroon.

The photo is sepia toned.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Nick gets a license.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	20075  
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to USMC Roush Send a message via MSN to USMC Roush

welcome to the site

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
USMC Roush is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > New Member Introductions & Greetings