***GAUGING: 2000 MUSTANG - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Re: ***GAUGING: 2000 MUSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy
i believe a tC is the least ricey of the rice family, imo.... the "sports exhaust" is not to cannon-foddery

actually, the only import i think isnt too ricey is the 350z.......300hp, rear wheel drive, dual exhaust...........
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

i vote skyline. then. or lambo, or ferrari, or porsche
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #73

that hurts rob.... i never once cracked on mustangs, my parents would slap me if i suggested a mustang to them lol
sciontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #74
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciontc
that hurts rob.... i never once cracked on mustangs, my parents would slap me if i suggested a mustang to them lol
well, you brought your uncle's cars into it....so I had to bring my huffy to the plate.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:05 PM   #75

Old 05-17-2006, 10:06 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 05-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #77
Road Trip!

roflmao rob, remember when we went to BWW and that kid was saying he wanted to run gts... and jeremy walks up.. roflmao, and goes oh yea, well my dads, uncles, cousins brothers, dogs owners friend has a car that'll beat you roflmao
Old 05-17-2006, 10:41 PM   #78

hey but that was just funny... he shut the **** up after that didn't he?
Old 05-17-2006, 10:42 PM   #79

and kyle that was a really ricey comment.... body kits making horsepower... did u ever see a body kit, or body modification of any type of on my civic??? come on gemme some credit, i owned a clear car for a a civic... it was no where near rice
Old 05-17-2006, 11:26 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
and kyle that was a really ricey comment.... body kits making horsepower... did u ever see a body kit, or body modification of any type of on my civic??? come on gemme some credit, i owned a clear car for a a civic... it was no where near rice

i know, i was just ****in with you bro
Old 05-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #81

w00t! im one of the guys who drives a honda... but loves it for being a vehicle not something that wakes up the neighbors when i get home.... my car is done right and i never talk smack, unless im kiddin around hehe.... kyle is my niggah!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:25 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
How about this:

Look for a used SCT chip, doesnt even matter if it will work for your car. You should be able to buy one for like 50-70 bucks

Then send vmptuning the chip in exchange for a x cal 2 which will cost you 200 dollars. 250-270 dollars for an x cal 2
Is it really that easy? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Mods: MAC Dual Catback Exhaust, MAC Shorty Headers, CAI, Sequential Taillights, 03 17" Cobra Rims

My Garage
electricstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:58 AM   #83
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

:no: its sad you want to down grade from your mustang. You should NOT be paying 3200 bucks a year for insurance with a clean record. When I got my 01 v6 I was the primary on the insurance and paid 90 a month (full coverage 500 deductable with state farm). You are getting REEEMED you might as well bend on over... you REALLY need to look around that is extremly over priced for insurance... you should be paying 100 a month give or take 20 bucks~

Dont buy one of those slow turds.... at least you have style with the mustang... no one wants to hear you roaring down the road sounding like a pile of crap reving you fart pipe...please dont go down that road... when people look at you driving one of those they are not looking cuz they like what they see (unless they do own one...and dont know any better) they are looking due to they are laughing at you.

If you are not interested in performance/looks then it may be a good deal for you depending on your current car situation....

In order to get anywhere you would have to dump money into it and lose your warranty, at least with the v6 its cheap/easy to mod and very cheap/easy to repair if it messes up.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #84
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Yeah, I can't believe you would go from having the Mustang paid for to buying a Scion with your own money. Keep the Mustang and start saving up until you can afford something worth spending your money on.

Or hell, buy a nice, relatively low mileage fox body for about $8000 and call it a day.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #85
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I pay 1100 dollars a year for full coverage insurance

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #86
Road Trip!

Hey listen to that nice roar of that civic v-tech engine. You don't have v-tech... You're engine is nothing but a... oh wait, never mind, that's a lawn mower...

even scion people hate civics to lololol

im about 3200 a year.. im 18, male, clear title nothing wrong not a thing.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:02 PM   #87
Legacy Member
Legacy

You really need to shop around for some insurance then. My brand new GT is gonna be about $140 a month for full coverage, which is about $1680 a year. I also have one speeding ticket (lyin' *** county cop... but that's a whole other story) and no accidents.

And I thought mine was high...

Scary stuff.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

i pay like 100/mo for mine.............10 tickets and a small fender bender.......250 deductable.

insurance only knows of like 2 tickets though
Old 05-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #89
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I got 28 mpg yesterday on a full tank...fluke? I think not...and I'm pretty bad about being on the gas. I also got 25 mpg mixed city/highway/track. I made 3 passes on the track, did a run with a guy, and drove 160 miles highway and still got over 280 miles on that tank. Hm...but whatever floats your boat....
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #90

i think its sad yall knock on other cars, and worship the mustang like an almighty being.... its sad... it truly is, there are plenty of cars out there better than mustangs. tc looks better, and in giving the car to the right person it won't follow the typical fast and furious route that yall stereotypically use in defending why he should stick with his mustang... grow up that movie came up like 3 or 4 years ago, there is nothing wrong with somebody wanting a different car... the list thing to do instead of putting him down is to say, "hey if thats what you want? then get it?" but no instead you just shoot it down, i know im saying all this in a mustang forum, but still you are some of the most closeminded people i think i have had the displeasure to read about.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #91

.... tc's have alot more style than a mustang.... it is one of the most generic cars out there, more of a chick car than anything...

and michael if you are interested in performance and looks from a quality made car, a scion is the way to go.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #92
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Judging by the pic in Mike's sig, it looks like a civic/saturn/cavalier/colbolt/camry/and probably some more. There is nothing that screams unique about it. It is an econobox...plain and simple.

While, I am a close minded blue oval person, the move to a TC is almost as retarded and him bringing Katie to car events. Even if it was a lambo...it would be stupid to move from something paid for to something that will cost an extra 300-400 a month or more.

Reasons to go mustang over the typical teenager imports...from a blue oval zombie:

Torque
RWD
Torque
Potential gains per dollar spent
Torque
Styling...it doesn't look like 10 other cars on the road
Torque
Ability to have an exhaust note that doesn't sound like a weed wacker in a barrel
Torque

Sure...there are tastefully done imports out there. For someone to pull numbers that I know some have is truly impressive out of a 4 banger. I give them all the props in the world.

However, to sit and say a TC is a much better choice than a mustang...on a mustang forum at that...is simply hilarious. The scion line is like the Kia's. THey cost a little more than them, but they are the same concept. Just another company trying to tap into the "I want to be different so I will buy what everyone else is buying" crowd.

I know you are an import guy. John is an import guy. Mike sounds like he is a closet import guy that can't make up his mind. That's fine, that's y'alls choice. However, I think John summed it up best when he explained his choice to try and move into a mustang..."The return on mod investment is much better than with the tuner crowd" /paraphrased .

If he wants to get a new car...it would make a lot more sense to get a 1999/2001 Cobra for about 15k....the same as a new TC....that will come with twice the HP and Torque both in stock trims...run about the same gas mileage and the same insurance rates...and have a much better/stronger/higher potential vehicle to start with. A car that with the same few grand it would take to make a TC "acceptable" would make the Cobra unreachable by it.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:26 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i think its sad yall knock on other cars, and worship the mustang like an almighty being.... its sad... it truly is, there are plenty of cars out there better than mustangs. tc looks better, and in giving the car to the right person it won't follow the typical fast and furious route that yall stereotypically use in defending why he should stick with his mustang... grow up that movie came up like 3 or 4 years ago, there is nothing wrong with somebody wanting a different car... the list thing to do instead of putting him down is to say, "hey if thats what you want? then get it?" but no instead you just shoot it down, i know im saying all this in a mustang forum, but still you are some of the most closeminded people i think i have had the displeasure to read about.

you need a hug..................i'll give you one next time i see you

not all mustang guys are closed minded too
Old 05-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I made 3 passes on the track

what did you run?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #95
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

The damn lights weren't working so I just ran for fun. Ran a tahoe, and a grand am gt 2 times. Won all 3 lol. Basically, it was just a legal street race. Had a flagger and everthing. Then, earlier this week I raced a ranger with the 4.0 and walked off and left him, he was just curious if he could keep up...he couldn't.

As far as being closed minded, nah, I work on all sorts of cars. The problem I'm having is...why go into debt, or more debt, when you don't have to. Paying off my car a few years ago, I must say, I have alot more cash than I used to that I can use for safety money.

But..if you want a scion, go for it. It's your money, your car, just don't expect to hear support for buying a knock-off toyota from guys on a mustang site...it's a mustang site for a reason, not a ranger/scion/eclipse/etc forum.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #96
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I am not close minded, you can get anything you want. I am just expressing my opinion... I would not want to own a 4 banger like that. They are nice cars and out of the imports out there... they are not the worse looking, they dont look that bad.

Just as you say we should not bash on imports you should not bash on mustangs. They are just as good of a car as the imports, its just a stigma thats been brainwashed into you thinking imports are better. If my car does break its a hell of a lot cheaper to fix and I can do it myself 9 times out of 10 for very cheap.

Imports are a young teenager's sport, you dont see people mid 20+ driving around in imports very often, same as why you mainly only see old people in vettes lol.

I like people having different opinions, it keeps the car world, as with many other areas, diverse and improving.

There are just to many teenager dumb asses out there giving imports a bad name~ My first car was an import... once I went with a mustang I was hooked so thats where my current choices are~ not to say they are right or wrong, but you feel just as strong about your car as I do mine, probably less since I have owned 3 mustangs and plan to own more~ and the mustang has quite a huge history and has a MUCH bigger following/aftermarket and other such things. Take the huge mustang clubs around the nation~ its a blast to go to a fun ford weekend and all that.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #97
Road Trip!

except for when they are rained out....
Old 05-19-2006, 11:34 PM   #98
Legacy Member
Legacy

There aren't many close minded people on this site. We are simply giving our opinion on which we feel is the better car. One important thing to note here is that some of the guys giving advice here have drove several different types of cars. We haven't all been in Mustangs since birth. So why should he stick with a Mustang?

First of all, it simply is not a smart move to go from having a car that is paid for to getting a car that you are going to have to pay for. Especially when you are not really getting that much more for your money. You are getting a newer car and that is about it. I mean c'mon. 160 hp and 163 lb/ft trq??? The base model tC is $16,465. By the time you pay for taxes/warranty/etc you'll be looking at $18k at least. If you really wanted another car, you can find a 2001 Cobra for that price. Then you are talking about 320 hp and 317 lb/ft, not to mention a limited production car that will actually hold its value.

Secondly, looks are subjective. So is "style". That being said, I would bet anyone that from a poll of 100 random people asked which car has more style, the Mustang or the tC, 75% or more people would say the Mustang. If I see a tC coming down the road I have no ****ing idea what it is, nor do I care to. They are very boring looking cars to me. The Mustang (while there are tons of them on the road) look very distinct. When you see a SN95 Mustang, there is no mistake as to what it is. It definitely doesn't look like every other econo-box on the road.

In the end, do whatever you want to do. If you really like the tCs, go for it. You won't hurt my feelings because I'm not the one that'll have to drive the thing. We are just giving our opinions on what we think is the better car.

I think the reason some of us domestic V8 owners are so much against imports is very simple though: torque. Once you have driven a car that has massive amounts of it, even at low RPMs, it is hard to go back to something that doesn't. For example, suppose you have a four cylinder turbo car and V8 car that run the exact same time... I can guaran-damn-tee you which one will be more fun to drive, especially when you have to drive it on an every day basis.

Scary stuff.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #99
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
For example, suppose you have a four cylinder turbo car and V8 car that run the exact same time... I can guaran-damn-tee you which one will be more fun to drive, especially when you have to drive it on an every day basis.
Ill also have more fun paying for gas every week and a half, compared to the v8s 4 days.... my gas bill this month was $325.87.... in a v6.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:01 AM   #100
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I get 20mpg... city/hwy with more city driving. Its well worth 30-40 a week in gase to have massive tq just a touch of the petal away once you drive one and get used to it you will feel the same way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Tags
2000 mustang