F/S 2002 Roush Stage 1 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
F/S 2002 Roush Stage 1 GT

my buddy and his girl are going to have a kid within the next 6 weeks, so the car MUST go. It's a 2002, I'm unsure on the mileage, I will find shortly and post that up. Like I said, it's a Stage 1, but has quite a few Stage 2 parts on it. It has 4.10 rear gears and custom paint. He said it also has the throttle body and plenum aftermarket (I'll find out what brand if you need). He swapped out the stock "quiet" Roush mufflers in favor of the louder version. I know this car is damn fast. It also has a custom 'mis-matched' interior, a mix of the tan and dark charcoal, and yeah, it looks very good. It does have a rebuilt/salvage title. If you want to call him or his parents to talk about it, PM me, and I'll give you their number. The starting price for bargaining was either $18,000 or $19,000... I can't remember. If you quote me at $18,000 and they yell at me, I'll bring up the thread and show them where I said it could've been $19,000... lol. I will find out all the aftermarket parts it has also, and update this thread with that information. If you wish to call them and ask them yourself, feel free, just PM me, and I'll get back to you with their number. If you need more pictures, feel free to ask me, and when I swing by his new house (he moved about 30 minutes away from me), I will get them for you. If you're especially interested, a special trip may be taken.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: F/S 2002 Roush Stage 1 GT

is it actually badged a roush stage 1? cause if so isn't a roush stage 1 just a v6 with a body kit and some suspension stuff?? and that looks like a stage 3 front end to me...

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

it's a GT. He said Stage 1, I haven't checked into Roush to know if the Stage 1 is just a v-6, but it is a GT. It is an ACTUAL Roush. I've seen all the paperwork for it, just didn't look for the staging number... I just looked for mods.

Also, it hasn't been kept "exclusively" a Stage 1... when he got it, it had quite a few stage 2 parts on it. Maybe it was a Stage 2, and the guy opted for some Stage 1 parts. I don't know, but I know when he got it, it had a hood very similar to that... and he put what he thought looked good.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

The easiest way to tell if it's really a roush is to open the passenger door, look towards the back of the car and there should be a roush placard there. Also, if you'll look on the driver's door near the information sheet, there should be a roush sheet explaining this vehicle has been modified by roush racing and all the legals involved with that.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
The easiest way to tell if it's really a roush is to open the passenger door, look towards the back of the car and there should be a roush placard there. Also, if you'll look on the driver's door near the information sheet, there should be a roush sheet explaining this vehicle has been modified by roush racing and all the legals involved with that.
it really is a Roush, I've seen the pass. door sticker, I've seen the certificate for it... I just haven't memorized it. I knew it was a v-8, and I knew it wasn't supercharged. At the time I saw it, I didn't take the time to look at what stage was listed... I was too busy looking at the car.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I wasn't saying that just for this car, just for general knowledge for ppl looking for roush's. There's alot of fakes out there, just want to give everyone a head's up on it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

ahhh, alright.

Old 07-06-2006, 12:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Its a stage 1, the stage 2 have 18" rims. Its still a very nice car I especially like the Cobra r hood, and the paint.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, it isn't sonic blue, that's a custom paint.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

wow 18k for a salvage title... what is the regular book on a roush stage 1?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I told them their asking price was high... they said "yeah, but you have to have somewhere to work from".

I don't know about the book price... Kelley Blue Book - New Car Pricing, Used Car Values offers Saleen pricing, but not Roush pricing.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:19 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Yea, ive never seen roush pricing. 18k ... I would buy an 03/04 mach before that. They may bring it... someone who really wants the roush name.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

well, that's just their starting price. They're expecting to deal on the price.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:48 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Not really about the car....

but...why is it that once babies come people think they must sell their mustangs? I bought my GT because my ranger wasn't family oriented. The GT worked out great for a family car with a new born. This thought you must sell a sports car because a kid has arrived is something I never understood.

I keep getting told I will sell my cobra when I have more kids...to which I simply laugh and will wave to the nay sayers as we pass with the kid in the back waving with the top down. /soap box.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

well, the sports car has to go because he can't afford the insurance AND a kid... so, it's all about the choices I suppose

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted