For Sale: 1999 Mustang v6 clean and custom $5750 OBO - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
KELLER / FORT WORTH / DALLAS / TEXAS

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/3030108419.html

Any questions please contact me at (817)879-0397 or pm through Mustang Evolution.

I have many pictures so if you are interested then I can email you them (better resolution and larger viewing size than a text message).
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Nice car but that seems a bit pricey for a v6. Mayb in ure area thts a good price but good luck on the sell
Old 06-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Nice car but that seems a bit pricey for a v6. Mayb in ure area thts a good price but good luck on the sell
Well that price is negotiatable but in my area dealers and privates want around 5-5250 for clean stock v6s with close to or sometimes higher miles. My friend payed 5500 from a dealer for his 2001 and it dropped the transmission and interior was dirty. I know mods don't add a lot but at the same time they do add value to the buyer and owners perspective such as audio. I think that my asking price is fair but I am open to offers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Well that price is negotiatable but in my area dealers and privates want around 5-5250 for clean stock v6s with close to or sometimes higher miles. My friend payed 5500 from a dealer for his 2001 and it dropped the transmission and interior was dirty. I know mods don't add a lot but at the same time they do add value to the buyer and owners perspective such as audio. I think that my asking price is fair but I am open to offers.
Oh ok well good luck on it again. I wish when I sold my v6 I would gotten tht much but in my area they don't go very high
Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh ok well good luck on it again. I wish when I sold my v6 I would gotten tht much but in my area they don't go very high
What did you get for it? What was on it and how many miles?
Old 06-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What did you get for it? What was on it and how many miles?
I got 4700. It had 140k miles. What it had done was hid's, Mach 1 grille, Mach 1 lip, new smoked headlights, bbk CAI, limo tint all around, basically new leather seats, dropped 2 inches, roush 18' rims, gt rear bumper, dual flow 40's and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2553945380.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	56239
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2405437271.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	56240   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3896846230.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	543.3 KB
ID:	56241  

Name:	image-4267387413.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	520.4 KB
ID:	56242  
Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I got 4700. It had 140k miles. What it had done was hid's, Mach 1 grille, Mach 1 lip, new smoked headlights, bbk CAI, limo tint all around, basically new leather seats, dropped 2 inches, roush 18' rims, gt rear bumper, dual flow 40's and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember now.
That's a clean car!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's a clean car!
Thnks but she's long gone now
Old 06-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Re: 1999 Mustang v6 clean and custom $5750 OBO

way too high for my area... gt's are priced in that range. GLWS

I got my 2004 GT Convertible Premium for 8K almost 2 years ago with less than 50K on the odot.

and contrary to belief... mods depreciate value very badly.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT

I got my 2004 GT Convertible Premium for 8K almost 2 years ago with less than 50K on the odot.

Not necessarily. For me I would rather spend a couple hundred more for a good stereo and some aftermarket wheels that I wouldn't have to pay for later. Sever people around here are like that.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

thats why i say GLWS, but keep in mind, most people on this site, know what a mustang is worth. I highly doubt your going to sell that car, for that price, to a mustang enthusiast.

I have 4 sets of wheels, with 12 tires from 17's to 20's, from normal, to staggered fit... total investment, under $1000. bc we know what things are valued at.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thats why i say GLWS, but keep in mind, most people on this site, know what a mustang is worth. I highly doubt your going to sell that car, for that price, to a mustang enthusiast.

I have 4 sets of wheels, with 12 tires from 17's to 20's, from normal, to staggered fit... total investment, under $1000. bc we know what things are valued at.
Well more than likely it isn't going to get sold from this site, but hey, if someone from the forum sees it and they're local and they're friend is looking for one then word spreads. Its on CL and soon to be autotrader.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

id hate to put this up, but even KBB is almost half the price that you are.

1999 Mustang Coupe Value Private Party in Keller Texas

I used to sell cars for years. I am not trying to bash. I am just enlightening you to the fact that simply put. your car is over priced.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

this is a 2004 Competition Orange Coupe with half the miles, and its priced under 6k

very rare color, and the mileage is a huge difference.

2004 Comp Orange

this is for a 2003 Premium Coupe with only 25K miles priced at 7500

Ford : Mustang Premium Ford : Mustang Premium | eBay

the reason why I showed you these two as examples.
1) I found 2 cars that if I myself were looking for a v6, would be very strong candidates (in your area) and they only took me 5 mins of searching online.

2) when you go online and look at cars, and you see them priced, and you think to yourself, ok I can price at that. I would tell all customers the same thing... its priced that way, and its also still for sale. There is a reason why.

People need to realize, because you did something to a car, doesnt mean it adds value. Lets say you added 1000 in audio, and 1000 in wheels and tires, and your car is worth say 5000 in your case.

-----

You might see it as ok, i'll shave off a couple hundred on the audio and the wheels because that will shave off some of the price, even though people will want it. When in reality there are two very important factors that you misinterpreted. 1st being 92% of car buyers, despise cars with any form of aftermarket. People want stock because they know it has a lesser chance to have an issue down the road. (in your case, did this guy jimmy rig his wires, will this cause a fire, will it blow in a week, will someone one to steal it... etc) Aftermarket depletes value like nothing else. and 2nd is, you have to knoe the value of your car. there are a million and 1 ways to check the value, I suggest using 5 ways to get yourself a proper number.
1) dealer
2) KBB, Blackbook, etc
3) Online Sites
4) Online Forums
5) ask 5 of your closest friends what they would pay for your car. try to sell it to them pretty much and see what they find as realistic.

again, not bashing, I just wanted to take a couple mins to shed some of my thoughts.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
id hate to put this up, but even KBB is almost half the price that you are.

1999 Mustang Coupe Value Private Party in Keller Texas

I used to sell cars for years. I am not trying to bash. I am just enlightening you to the fact that simply put. your car is over priced.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

this is a 2004 Competition Orange Coupe with half the miles, and its priced under 6k

very rare color, and the mileage is a huge difference.

2004 Comp Orange

this is for a 2003 Premium Coupe with only 25K miles priced at 7500

Ford : Mustang Premium Ford : Mustang Premium | eBay

the reason why I showed you these two as examples.
1) I found 2 cars that if I myself were looking for a v6, would be very strong candidates (in your area) and they only took me 5 mins of searching online.

2) when you go online and look at cars, and you see them priced, and you think to yourself, ok I can price at that. I would tell all customers the same thing... its priced that way, and its also still for sale. There is a reason why.

People need to realize, because you did something to a car, doesnt mean it adds value. Lets say you added 1000 in audio, and 1000 in wheels and tires, and your car is worth say 5000 in your case.

-----

You might see it as ok, i'll shave off a couple hundred on the audio and the wheels because that will shave off some of the price, even though people will want it. When in reality there are two very important factors that you misinterpreted. 1st being 92% of car buyers, despise cars with any form of aftermarket. People want stock because they know it has a lesser chance to have an issue down the road. (in your case, did this guy jimmy rig his wires, will this cause a fire, will it blow in a week, will someone one to steal it... etc) Aftermarket depletes value like nothing else. and 2nd is, you have to knoe the value of your car. there are a million and 1 ways to check the value, I suggest using 5 ways to get yourself a proper number.
1) dealer
2) KBB, Blackbook, etc
3) Online Sites
4) Online Forums
5) ask 5 of your closest friends what they would pay for your car. try to sell it to them pretty much and see what they find as realistic.

again, not bashing, I just wanted to take a couple mins to shed some of my thoughts.
Well I have taken it to several dealers and they offered me 5150 to buy it. I'm not saying mine is the best out there and I feel that mine is competitevly (sp?) priced as everything is in great shape. I have seen the ones in this area that are in lower prices and they're not near as clean as mine. I have more money in the car than I'm selling for and willing to accept and I can accept the fact that I'm losing money in this deal.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

take my advice i beg you. if 'several' dealers offered you 5150, you need to rip them off and give it to them. what is it that you really see is worth holding onto a car for a few hundred more. Its obvious they dont know what they are looking at, so i beg of you, please rip them off and give them the car for that price.

and dont take this the wrong way please, but I highly doubt several did, because no one in their right mind would walk away over $600. that much I am positive over

Old 06-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
take my advice i beg you. if 'several' dealers offered you 5150, you need to rip them off and give it to them. what is it that you really see is worth holding onto a car for a few hundred more. Its obvious they dont know what they are looking at, so i beg of you, please rip them off and give them the car for that price.
I had an offer come in from a guy at 5200 but wanted a little more. The difference is I'm 17 with a $7.50 job. I'm fine with waiting.

I took it to 4 different places and the re-occuring number was $5150. Even took it back to where I originally purchased.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

like i said. you need to take that and walk away. and I have been there. Im not much older than you trust me. But there is one thing I know, and I know them damn well... mustangs.

if I asked the next 100 people what they would do in your situation, 101 of them would take the money and run.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
like i said. you need to take that and walk away. and I have been there. Im not much older than you trust me. But there is one thing I know, and I know them damn well... mustangs.

if I asked the next 100 people what they would do in your situation, 101 of them would take the money and run.
Well in my situation I believe that I am doing the best for me. If time comes that it needs to be dropped in price then so be it.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

i wish i could get this much for mine. people dont even wana gimme 4500 for mine and its got 113k on it

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Highly agree with Topless04GT.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with topless04Gt too. Take the money and run.
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

where do you live?
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

good luck with sale, I sold my 01 back in the day for far more than I should have sold it for.... but it was very very clean and had many mods. If someone wants to pay it let them. Can always come down, generally cant raise the price lol.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Tags
1999 mustang