For Sale: 99 Cobra - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
A 99/01 Cobra does not have much value dude. The 03/04 yes, 99/01 and the Machs/Bullitts... no. Ppl who held onto the 94/95 Cobras and even the 96-98 cars are finding this out now. You will have a hard time getting $10k for a 30k mile 95 Cobra in mint condition, never driven in the rain etc... And don't tell me those aren't like the 99/01 cars, I had one, they can get the **** out of their own way with very few modifications.
The 03/04s have more value, yes but their value is still in the mid to high 20s in the North East. 99/01 Cobra around here are 12-15 unless beat on. You're way of thinking is exactly my point. You, (nor I), would want nor pay that much for one but someone looking for one specifically will, otherwise they can get a GT for 4-5k.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Yes they are very market specific. I probably fall into the category of ppl who would pay a premium for a mint 94/95 Cobra and there is actually one I have my eye on that comes up for sale every now and then but nobody will give the guy his asking price (which is more than fair). But like I said they are not generally valued like the Termis are and even a really nicely kept Coyote.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
If I had the money I would give the 15k for it and keep it because "Scotty really doesn't know". Ten to twenty years from now this car will be worth the same no matter the condition. Plus this is besides the point but take that same car put a blower on it and it will spank any street car or anything newer that is stock referring to mustangs that is... This is a cobra regardless it being an 03-04 model or anything newer. Where can you buy a 95' model or older cobra for less than 15k? You really can't, unless it's a pos... So to those that don't value a mustang then sell them and buy a comaro or keep the car and stop arguing... Needless to say I think you should keep the car man, have a great day...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright View Post
If I had the money I would give the 15k for it and keep it because "Scotty really doesn't know". Ten to twenty years from now this car will be worth the same no matter the condition. Plus this is besides the point but take that same car put a blower on it and it will spank any street car or anything newer that is stock referring to mustangs that is... This is a cobra regardless it being an 03-04 model or anything newer. Where can you buy a 95' model or older cobra for less than 15k? You really can't, unless it's a pos... So to those that don't value a mustang then sell them and buy a comaro or keep the car and stop arguing... Needless to say I think you should keep the car man, have a great day...

There is so much wrong in this post I won't even get into it. Only thing I will say is if you think you can sell even a mint condition 95 Cobra with 20k original miles on it for $15k+ you are smoking some sort of crack laced with LSD.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Ok well see... There's nothing wrong with the post you just missed the point have a nice day it's not that important to argue I just know I am a bigger diehard mustang fan and I value them more than you do...

Mathew r Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:47 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

What exactly is the point then? That you can blower swap the 99, tune it to 400hp and then lose to a bolt on Coyote? Or that you could let the 99 sit in your garage for 10-20 years, keeping the mileage off it to hold the value and not enjoying it and then make no profit off of it?

Nothing you said in that post is correct, especially bringing up 94-95 Cobra. If you truly were a diehard Mustang fan, you'd know correct market values.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
What exactly is the point then? That you can blower swap the 99, tune it to 400hp and then lose to a bolt on Coyote? Or that you could let the 99 sit in your garage for 10-20 years, keeping the mileage off it to hold the value and not enjoying it and then make no profit off of it?

Nothing you said in that post is correct, especially bringing up 94-95 Cobra. If you truly were a diehard Mustang fan, you'd know correct market values.

ohh get em
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also right now I'm drooling over a mint 01 Cobra with really tasteful bolt ons and 45k miles listed at $12.5k OBO.

Like I said, dude is on bath salts if he thinks 95s are worth $15k, much less a newer one. I gurandamntee if someone shows up with $11k cash the car is theirs. Dude might even be able to be talked below that if someone is there with $100 bills.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Also right now I'm drooling over a mint 01 Cobra with really tasteful bolt ons and 45k miles listed at $12.5k OBO.

Like I said, dude is on bath salts if he thinks 95s are worth $15k, much less a newer one. I gurandamntee if someone shows up with $11k cash the car is theirs. Dude might even be able to be talked below that if someone is there with $100 bills.
id sell my 95 for 12, so theres a good deal

damn that's a sexy ride, minus the rims, i'd love to call that beauty mine!!
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew r Wright View Post
Ok well see... There's nothing wrong with the post you just missed the point have a nice day it's not that important to argue I just know I am a bigger diehard mustang fan and I value them more than you do...

The final comment here had me rolling. "More of a diehard mustang fan than you are." As for the 95-01 cobras being worth 15k, sure. They might be. Theres been a mint 95 vert with 65k miles on it, the guys is asking 15k for. But y'know what? That thing has been up on craigslist since i bought my GT off craigslist January of 2013. Posting up his add everyday, because he won't lower his price. Just because the car is worth 15k, doesn't mean you're gonna get it. As said before, 15k is quickly approaching termi territory. And god knows everyone and their grandmother wants to get behind the wheel of a termi.

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted