For Sale: 1997 Cobra. Only 34,000 miles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-11-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
1997 Cobra. Only 34,000 miles

1997 Cobra. Only 34,000 miles! $10,495 OBO
Offered for sale is a very special, VERY low mileage 1997 Cobra. I am moving to Alaska, and this is the only reason I have decided to part with this fun to drive Cobra.
As you can see from the pics, this Cobra has been heavily and professionally modified for both appearance and handling.
These modifications are:
B and M Short Throw Shifter (best shifting action I’ve ever felt and it shifts like a rifle bolt and shifter shaft is super firm once in each gear). 2nd to 3rd shift is spring loaded to make sure a quick shift finds the correct gear.

Saleen side skirts and trunk spoiler painted to match.

Hundreds of dollars of chrome accessories underhood – including a polished intake plenum.

Darker tinted windows.

There is some very subtle painted pinstriping along the sides, hood and trunk. You have to look twice to see these, and they are grey and blue against the white – truly beautiful.

Painted to match outside rearview mirrors.

Cobra “R” Wheels.

Brand new Nitto NT05 tires – (amazing traction)
Front size – 255/35ZR17
Rear size – 285/35ZR18

3.73 Ford Racing rear gearing.

Bassani Cat-back exhaust system makes this Cobra one of the best sounding I’ve ever heard. This is a full stainless system with chrome exhaust pipes fully polished and slightly bigger diameter than the stock exhaust. There is NO drone at highway speeds with this system.

And most important for this impressive vehicle:

Full Maximum Motorsports Road and Track Suspension – professionally installed and aligned. This suspension is fully sorted, offers a truly beautiful and aggressive stance over the tires and wheels and offers extremely high performance, steering and handling while still offering a compliant street ride and includes:
You can also read how this suspension massively improves the 1997 Cobra here:
· 1996-98 Mustang hardtop Road & Track Box
This Mustang has been garage kept and extremely well cared for, and you will not likely find another Cobra offering all this one has with these very low miles. This Cobra still looks and drives like new.

Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Some more pics taken today:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2016, 05:36 AM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Other than the taillights I like the car. I personally think an sn95 cobra with those kind of miles, at that cost in the condition it's in, hell I think that's a great deal. If you were near me, and I had the money available I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Other than the taillights I like the car. I personally think an sn95 cobra with those kind of miles, at that cost in the condition it's in, hell I think that's a great deal. If you were near me, and I had the money available I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the compliments -- and yes, I think it is a reasonable asking price, as I am trying to sell it soon enough to make the move up north.....I do have the stock white tail light surrounds.......and yes, it is a great price considering all that this car is. It will embarrass almost any other car on a curvy road -- effortlessly.....well over 1.2G lateral cornering power with this setup.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Beautiful

That sucks you gotta get rid of her, but what a nice Pony man. I think your asking price is well worth it, love her stance. Hope she goes to a good home. Safe travels
SolarFlarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarFlarin View Post
That sucks you gotta get rid of her, but what a nice Pony man. I think your asking price is well worth it, love her stance. Hope she goes to a good home. Safe travels
Thanks! I get comments all the time --- "That's a Mustang?" The perfect stance and the Saleen sills and spoiler really change and improve the lines of the car.
Until you've driven a Cobra with suspension improvements and high performance tires like this one has, you simply have no idea how well a Mustang like this is able to steer and corner.............effortless and no body lean.
Another improvement is that this suspension system completely eliminates the snap throttle oversteer that the stock solid axle suspension is known for. Until you've driven both the stock setup and this one into a hot corner where the rear might be a bit loose at the apex, you just can't believe how controllable the rear axle is when the panhard bar is installed.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I like the pinstriping! I've always thought that subtle striping on a white vehicle looks really classy.

Alaska huh? I'm glad that you are finally able to realize your lifelong dream of working on the deck of a crab boat in the middle of the Bering sea during winter, doing some gold mining during the summer, and living a subsistence lifestyle of hunting, fishing, and trapping, in your spare time.

Hey, wait a minute...Those are MY lifelong dreams!!!

Well, we're going to miss you on here Guard... I heard that they don't have the internet in Alaska yet.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I like the pinstriping! I've always thought that subtle striping on a white vehicle looks really classy.
Thanks! There is a local guy here in Spokane that has done hand painted pin striping for many decades, and he and I talked about doing something "different" on this Cobra.
I've never seen another pin striping job like this one, and what is there really accents that body line for this model year.
Did you also see that I removed the chrome Cobra emblem on the left side of the trunk, next to the license plate and had him hand paint one in the same place but just a bit larger?
Old 10-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I didn't even notice that!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Dang guys.........almost 500 views and not a single lowball offer yet? Nice job!!!!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard 5.0 View Post
Dang guys.........almost 500 views and not a single lowball offer yet? Nice job!!!!
How about tree fiddy? Haha. You made me do it

Old 10-17-2016, 11:40 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
How about tree fiddy? Haha. You made me do it

Yeah, I knew somebody would.........so $10,Treefiddy? DEAL!
Old 10-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have a lowball offer, but it isn't worth the shipping price to GA. Lol
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

OK.........I have a dream.....by the time this post gets to 700 views, there will be a reasonable offer by PM............c'mon guys -- you can do it!
Old 10-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Fine, I will start the bid at $500. I will even pick the car up in person
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Fine, I will start the bid at $500. I will even pick the car up in person
Reserve not met............10,300, and I will deliver it in person anywhere in the USA................make that the continental USA...............
Old 10-26-2016, 07:23 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Beautiful!!! and a good price. If I had a place to store it when not driving, I would find it hard for me to 'not' buy your Cobra
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Beautiful!!! and a good price. If I had a place to store it when not driving, I would find it hard for me to 'not' buy your Cobra
Thanks.........I just want someone within 500 miles and a spare place in their garage to say the same thing......I even started the asking price WAY on the low side to entice a quicker sale.......You could not replicate this car for the asking price if you bought a low mileage Cobra and modded it this way. I have not even listed things like the custom copper core spark plug wires and aftermarket air filter, blue carbon fiber dash inserts (beautiful dark blue, NOT neon blue), weighted shift knob...etc, etc, etc......
When I showed this car at car shows (and won a couple of 1st places) it had a personalized plate -- WHTSNKE....and I had a Whitesnake CD playing in the car....my inside joke, I guess. But, Here I Go Again on My Own is still a great song!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

OK....what am I missing here? Nearing 1,000 views of this special Cobra and no offers.............is it seasonal --- distance from me --- the modifications made to the car?
If you have an idea, please PM me as to how I can best sell this Cobra......I have to think though that it is NOT price -- I am pretty firm as to that.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:00 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
1997 Cobra. Only 34,000 miles

Is this forum the only place you have the car listed? The mods don't help it, in my opinion. I think it's an excellent price, though.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:20 AM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Is this forum the only place you have the car listed? The mods don't help it, in my opinion. I think it's an excellent price, though.
I have it listed in a couple of different places, and have had some "bites" on the car there. I know that how this car has been modified means that I am going to have to find a next owner who appreciates all the ways this car has been improved -- and I also have to say, that if someone considering this car hears and drives it --- I KNOW that they are going to buy it.
And -- thanks for your comment on the price -- I love this car, but I priced it reasonably -- with my head, not my heart.
The Bassani exhaust will bring a smile to your face every startup and every shift. Then when you take that favorite corner about 20 mph faster than you ever thought possible -- that will only add to your driving pleasure.....
Old 11-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Is it listed on eBay and Craigslist?

Pick your poison.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Is it listed on eBay and Craigslist?
I don't do Craigslist, and eBay takes too big a chunk........I've listed it with a couple of Mustang clubs locally, and if it doesn't sell this fall, I'll try again when the weather here turns warm again.
It's not going to cost me anything to park it in the garage over winter.......
Old 11-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Might try SVT PERFORMANCE.

Pick your poison.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

More stuff included....

I left out some of the important things included with this great car:

Slotted and cross drilled rotors.
Upgraded brake pads
Full car cover
Guys --- the new tires alone just cost $1,200....
LOTS of the stock parts -- shocks, brake discs, springs, caster plates,
White painted headlight covers -- (looks cool for the car shows)

OK....and I'll be completely honest here --- unfortunately the car still has the original windshield wipers (!) because its almost never been driven in the rain..... They are hard as a rock and need replacing.
Folks --- there is not a rattle or creak in this like-new driving Cobra.....and with those 3.73 gears, this thing still pulls (and sounds!) like a monster.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Might try SVT PERFORMANCE.
Recon.........is there a better link for this? Yours takes me to an information page on the Cobras here in EVO.....
Old 11-25-2016, 11:09 AM   #27
Registered Member

Regular

I've noticed Cobras don't last long here.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/

Pick your poison.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I've noticed Cobras don't last long here.
SVTperformance.com
Thanks.....found it. I hope they don't mind a link back to this forum......we'll see.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Why not just copy and paste?

Pick your poison.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Why not just copy and paste?
Yeah, I'll do that if they object to the link for any reason.....thanks for the suggestion on the site though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted