awesome 65 mustang coupe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Road Trip!
Region: Louisiana
awesome 65 mustang coupe

ok here goes, this car was purchased my one of my best friends in 2003, me and him put many hours into resoring and modifying, then he sold it to another friend of mine, the second guy(zack) has been spending the past year smoothing and painting the car to perfection(he works at a bodyshop)

the car is fresh out of the booth right now and he is buffing it and putting it back together...i must say it looks great, it is 2005 mustang blue (brain fart on exact name) with white racing stripes and has 2005 chrome gt premium rims on it,the chrome 65 sidescoops were shaved along with the front mustang letters and fender badges, this thing catches you eye coming down the road just because of the modernized look of the new paint and wheels

it had some rust on the rear quarters as all do but he did it right and replaced the bad quarter with a brand new one, i witnessed the entire repair and can vouch that it is done right.

the interior is black and was completely redone my me when my first friend bought it and looks like the day it rolled off of the assembly line.

ok now for the drivetrain...
me and my buddy brett put took the original 289 and put gt 40 heads on it and a comp 282 cam in it with an edelbrock performer intake, msd ignition with a 6AL box and edelbrock carburetor. then we did a 5 speed conversion on it and put a t5 in it, it also has a t-lock 8" with 3:55 gears, with this combo the car went 13.80 @102 but it has room for improvement.has electric engine fan also to get rid of the meat grinder

the front and rear springs were replaced with brand new grab-a-trac componets less than 500 miles ago, and it has SSBC front disc brakes that i personally installed on the car when he first got it

he is supposed to supply me with pictures when he is done buffing and i will update when i can

he is asking $12,500 for it and will consider serious offers

the bad: the front and rear bumpers could use rechroming just because they are old , no pits just aged looking, some of the chrome on the car is pitting like the light bezels,gas cap,and window moldings, they will be replaced one at a time as time goes on.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustangs for Sale and Wanted