60mm TB from 99-04 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
97Stallion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,461
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion
60mm TB from 99-04

For my project RDX intake, I think I'm going to need a stock TB from a 99-04. Let me know if any of you have one.
__________________

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlueDonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Virginia
Posts: 301
I may have one; lemme root around the garage tomorrow.

edit, add: off a 99
__________________
---
BlueDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:01 AM   #3
RGR
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
For my project RDX intake, I think I'm going to need a stock TB from a 99-04. Let me know if any of you have one.

I got a 65mm one, from a truck, same bolt pattern.
__________________
Originally Posted by Flex:
You are the true cam master dude...
RGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Iowa
Posts: 414
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
^^^^^
Me too.
4.2 split port engine parts/torque converter/steeda parts
__________________
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:48 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3
If your still looking for a stock t-body, I have one. I have a 2004 mustang V6 and changed it with a BBK 70mm t-body. PM me if you are still looking for one.
charlie6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 263
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie6n
If your still looking for a stock t-body, I have one. I have a 2004 mustang V6 and changed it with a BBK 70mm t-body. PM me if you are still looking for one.
What kinda stuff you got on your car? 70mm is pretty big and for a car that new I'm wondering if you have enough work on the car to warrant such a big TB.
__________________
-Frank-
http://home.earthlink.net/~riz3742/sig2.jpg
2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Gray Coupe - 15.616 @ 87.24 (work in progress)
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
RGR
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie6n
If your still looking for a stock t-body, I have one. I have a 2004 mustang V6 and changed it with a BBK 70mm t-body. PM me if you are still looking for one.

How much, shipped to 47805 zip code?

As for TB sizes, you can't really "over-TB" a motor like being "over-carbed"
But you need post removal to really use a 70mm on an SPI motor. 70mm
will probably work on any 3.8 combo, but not really be needed for most.
Post removal is even good for a stock TB and unmodified motor, one guy
I know showed 5 RWHP gains from that alone.
__________________
Originally Posted by Flex:
You are the true cam master dude...
RGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR
How much, shipped to 47805 zip code?

As for TB sizes, you can't really "over-TB" a motor like being "over-carbed"
But you need post removal to really use a 70mm on an SPI motor. 70mm
will probably work on any 3.8 combo, but not really be needed for most.
Post removal is even good for a stock TB and unmodified motor, one guy
I know showed 5 RWHP gains from that alone.

What's post removal? Is it easy to do?/How do you do it?
__________________

-Denver
2002 Mineral Grey GT, 5-speed: MGW short throw, JLT CAI: SOLD
2002 Electric Green V6, Auto: SOLD
greenpony02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3
[QUOTE=RGR]How much, shipped to 47805 zip code?

Im not exactly sure but I will get back to you.
charlie6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #10
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStang86
What kinda stuff you got on your car? 70mm is pretty big and for a car that new I'm wondering if you have enough work on the car to warrant such a big TB.

I have a MAC CAI, BBK 70mm T-body, Motoblue U/D Pullies, Magnaflow dual exhaust, SCT chip, and Bullitt handling system. Its still under construction. A buddy of mine told me that if I put in a bigger MAF that my intake system would get a whole lot more push. He suggested a C&L 73mm mass air meter. Any truth to this?
charlie6n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 263
Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
I would work on the internals of the engine first...

All that air going into a stock intake isn't going to do you any good. It seems like you've got plenty of work done in the air department, now you need to level that out with some engine work.
__________________
-Frank-
http://home.earthlink.net/~riz3742/sig2.jpg
2003 Ford Mustang Dark Shadow Gray Coupe - 15.616 @ 87.24 (work in progress)
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #12
RGR
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie6n
I have a MAC CAI, BBK 70mm T-body, Motoblue U/D Pullies, Magnaflow dual exhaust, SCT chip, and Bullitt handling system. Its still under construction. A buddy of mine told me that if I put in a bigger MAF that my intake system would get a whole lot more push. He suggested a C&L 73mm mass air meter. Any truth to this?

Yeah, wait for the cam/porting stuff before you do the MAF.
Then it will help alot. Especially with a stroker. Use a Lightning
MAF, they are cheaper, bigger, and easier to tune.
__________________
Originally Posted by Flex:
You are the true cam master dude...
RGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #13
RGR
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpony02
What's post removal? Is it easy to do?/How do you do it?
#1, how I do it...


#2, I use a cover instead of plugs (looks cleaner)


#3, A true work of art!!! (ABSTRACT ART)
__________________
Originally Posted by Flex:
You are the true cam master dude...
RGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
60mm throttlebody on 98GreenStallion Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 23 01-13-2005 06:57 PM
60mm TB adapter harness 97Stallion Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 1 06-02-2004 08:55 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:26 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.