Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Stock 5.0 carbed or EFI

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  bbunt302 
#1 ·
Aight, I'm looking for a stock/stockish 5.0. It can be carbed or EFI. Doesn't matter. HOwever, if it is EFI, if you have the wiring harness that would be great.

I'd like to get a complete motor, but if you only have a shortblock, we can talk as well.

So, if anyone here has or knows someone in the texas, LA, MS, AL, AR area with a 5.0 just sitting around that they would be willing to let go for a decent price...let me know.

#3 ·
Yeah. The 4 banger is starting to show signs of needing some TLC. It still has a CEL that I hope to figure out this weekend...the rear main is leaking, and the trans is leaking at the front plate. There is also a good amount of oil in the intake tract as well as all over the top of the motor where the PCV comes out of the head.

Now, I could rebuild the engine where the rebuild kit costs around $650. Or, I could just throw a stockish 5.0 in there for around the same or a little more. :)

#7 ·
Is that a complete motor? with or without harness? And I don't care what it comes out of as long as it fits into a fox. It's just to continue daily driving on until I get something else and do the big block swap into it.

#10 ·
Just know that you'll need way more than just a motor. Also be careful about which year model you get if you plan on using the engine harness. The wiring changed several times over the years and certain engine harnesses are only compatible with certain dash (or main) harnesses.

#11 ·
Yeah, I've been doing some research on it and I still think I can get it done for under a grand with the two fox yards around here. If I go carbed, I will be easily under a grand.

Basically, my research has shown I will need:

Motor
Trans
Fuel Pump
Exhaust
91+ Computer/harness (if going EFI)
Gauge cluster

Eventually I will need to mess with the front suspension, rear end, and brakes. But for my uses, I will be able to get away with not swapping all of that stuff out.

However, Gabe (modular2valve) is going to check out a complete 91 donor car today for me at one of the fox yards in town. I may be able to get it for under a grand in which I will have everything I need. It was smacked in the back so everything up front is in tip top shape.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.