Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Nice list of Engine Parts for V6 Mustangs: Heads, Cams, Intakes...

Tags
v6 mustang
3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Kiljosh 
#1 ·
Well I am selling my car and the parts I bought to put in it have to go too. Here is what I got and what I want for them:

Engine Block from 96 Mustang bored .030 over and decked with new camshaft bearings - Spoken for
4.2L Crankshaft & Harmonic Balancer - Spoken for
Stage 3 Single Port heads with 3 angle valve job w/ .600 lift springs and head bolts/gaskets - 550 Dollars
Stage 3 Lower Intake w/ gasket - 200 dollars
Stage 3 Upper Intake Cut & Weld w/ gasket - 250 dollars
224/230 Camshaft with new pushrods and shims - 175 dollars
6 Ross Racing Forged Pistons 10:1 Compression ratio with pins and rings - 525 dollars
6 Eagle I-Beam Connecting Rods with new rod bearings - 200 dollars
Aluminum Flywheel - make offer
6 19# fuel injectors - make offer
Timing chain set - Make Offer

#9 ·
Kiljosh said:
Just not as pricey and same quality if you ask me.
Flow is pretty much the same, I like Mik's exhaust porting, cams and pistons better.
That being said, Tom @ SSM puts out a fine product as well. Just depends on who has
the best setup for your needs. Buying used stuff means big savings but getting a combo
designed for someone else... Mik's combo's are mostly all custom built for each person
so make sure it will work for you!

I can help a potential buyer figure this out. If you do not like the cam I will
spec out a replacement for the buyer as a favor to Brent :)

#12 · (Edited)
evildead said:
If still for sale and will work in my 02 3.8. Send pics and quote for all..
thanks jbushway@isp2k.com

The only parts that work for you is the crank kit...
crank, pistons, rods, balancer. The cam is too big,
unless you get the intake wildly ported and/or a
custom upper intake to match the cam.

#15 ·
:chin: hold on now Brent... we may can strike a deal with him for a crank... its a special version that oblong in design you'll love it.

#21 ·
OK I just got home from Columbia. I read a PM from Brent about what the Shop said to him. I am puzzled at this. Not only did I study the position of the bearing as to the placement in the hayne's book I also swapped bearing in every position to see if it would not make a difference. They will only go in one way because of the notched groove in the block. I made sure all the bearings were top and bottom which is indicated on the bearings. It is not that I am above making mistakes but I am not buying it. I spent hours trying every cap and bearing placement. Where they finally were when we stopped might not be the right position. If it was my fault I will gladly pay for the machine shop to check everything out and I will come back and install the engine.

#22 ·
Danger Dude said:
OK I just got home from Columbia. I read a PM from Brent about what the Shop said to him. I am puzzled at this. Not only did I study the position of the bearing as to the placement in the hayne's book I also swapped bearing in every position to see if it would not make a difference. They will only go in one way because of the notched groove in the block. I made sure all the bearings were top and bottom which is indicated on the bearings. It is not that I am above making mistakes but I am not buying it. I spent hours trying every cap and bearing placement. Where they finally were when we stopped might not be the right position. If it was my fault I will gladly pay for the machine shop to check everything out and I will come back and install the engine.
I need Mikael to paypal me the 100 dollars to cover the machine shop checking the crank and the linebore.

My cell phone is working now so just give me a call on that tomorrow.

I am just telling you what the machine shop said. You know I dont know better haha.

He said it was the thurst bearing that was in the wrong place.

#23 ·
SpectorV said:
:chin: hold on now Brent... we may can strike a deal with him for a crank... its a special version that oblong in design you'll love it.

Hmm oblong in design? Special Version? Wow if I was a ricer I would maybe buy that.

Sorry RGR, but I am going to go with brand new or remanufactured parts, looking into shortblocks

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.