tv/dvd player for sale - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

tv/dvd player for sale

i am selling my in-dash 7in soundstorm tv/radio tuner and the seperate soundstorm dvd/cd/mp3 player that comes with it.

it has all the necessary hardware to hook straight up, and also comes with a mounting bracket for the tv/radio, however, it isnt needed, both with the two seperate dins and the one single din.........i used it b/c i used the ps2 as the dvd player.

i have had NO problems with the dvd/cd/mp3 player, however, i have had issues with this tv/radio.........allow me to explain.

i recieved this unit after the previous ones failed, i got a "hole in the wall" audio place to install it, and they hooked up one of the positive wires to one of the negative wires and fried the unit, i shipped that one back off, and recieved this one.....i got a more professional audio shop to install it and it worked fine for a couple weeks, then the sound shut off on it...........it worked fine, but with no sound.............i had the shop look at it, and what they did was simply reset the connection by unplugging the main wire from the back of the tv/radio and plugging it back in.........this worked fine again for another couple weeks and it did the same thing. i got pissed and just pulled it out and put it in my room. i have not messed with it since.

now i have spoken to a few audio/video installers and we have come up with these possible problems:
-built in amp is overheating and shutting off
-my car must have a bad connection due to faulty installs in the past and now is acting up-----MOST PROBABLY ONE AS I HAVE HAD IT REPLACED MANY TIMES.
-the harness that came from the factory for this unit might be faulty, causing the shutoff.

i seriously doubt its the unit as it works most of the time.........if it were the actual unit, the sound wouldnt work at all, however, i am speculating this issue. this unit has only been used for approx 3-4 weeks before it was replaced with the stock radio.

i paid a hair over $1k for the original setup (pyle all-in-one dvd player/tv) w/ installation.

here are some pics of it installed on the car................THIS IS NOT THE UNIT THAT YOU WILL RECIEVE.......ITS THE EXACT SAME MODEL, JUST NOT THE EXACT SAME ONE, this was the one that fried b/c of a faulty install. this was the one right before my current one.

its a fully motorized 6.5in LCD screen

i will consider any RESONABLE offers...........the offer will include shipping.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: tv/dvd player for sale

Still for sale?
04SonicBlueStng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SonicBlueStng View Post
Still for sale?
He is on vacation right now but I will try and reach him and see if it is so you can know either way.
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Ok, he says yes, it is still for sale...$500 and it is yours.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Thanks bunches smurfin. Ill think on it and let one of you guys know.

casey
04SonicBlueStng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, i just reinstalled it in my car after sitting in my apt and collecting dust..........i dont wanna take it out, but for 500, i will
Old 08-16-2006, 04:31 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Hmmm.....:chin:
Old 08-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

not for sale anymore..............the power button got jammed in last night and i got mad and its broken, the screen doesnt come out.............

stocker goes back in tomorrow.........

i think the gears are just ****ed up, if someone wants it, i'll let it go for like 75 + shipping if y'all wanna fix it............i dont know what is all wrong though
Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

what exactly did you do to it to break it when you got mad? i may be interested..
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
what exactly did you do to it to break it when you got mad? i may be interested..
I think he said he tried pulling it out of the dash without tools or something like that. Or he punched it....he is coming over tonight so maybe he can use my computer to post up since his net has been super flakey lately.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

yeah i tried to open it when it was off and on, and it opened about an inch, then i yanked it the rest of the way out of anger, now it wont open anymore, i think the gears are messed up............i fixed the power button, so it comes on and off fine, just the screen is an issue.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted