F/S Mustang V6 Turbo Kit! 99-04 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
F/S Mustang V6 Turbo Kit! 99-04

Ok here's my turbo project which I can't afford to finish. All parts are NEW exept the injectors (in perfect condition, very low mileage). Asking $1500 shipped! Here is the list:

-Turbo T3 + Oil Lines NEW
-Perfect 39# 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra Fuel Injectors USED
-Tial Wastegate 38mm + flanges & gaskets NEW
-2.5" Intercooler + Piping Kit NEW
-BOV & Flange Pipe NEW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turbo.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	18902   Click image for larger version

Name:	39lb injectors.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	18903  

Name:	Wastegate.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	18904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Intercooling system.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	18905  

Name:	BOV.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	18906  
SerbStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: F/S Mustang V6 Turbo Kit! 99-04

Still available!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

I dont see any hotside pipes there, your not going to get 1500 for what you have shown.

And that turbo seems abit small for our 3.8's

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

That turbo is not small at all, it's capable of 350+ HP. And all the parts are brand new. TIAL wg, Cobra injcs almost new, cxracing.com cooler kit....just those around $1000!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I will also break this kit and sell the parts separate...come with some offers people this has to go! I will also consider trades for some LTs, H pipe....you give the offers!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to btant

what all does the kit need to be installed i have a 2000 3.8 liter..
btant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The kit is sold!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydog View Post
I dont see any hotside pipes there, your not going to get 1500 for what you have shown.

And that turbo seems abit small for our 3.8's
I hope he didn't get 1500 for what he had, somebody got ripped off. And yes that turbo is tiny, they used bigger turbos than that for twin setups on stock motors for our cars.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
I hope he didn't get 1500 for what he had, somebody got ripped off. And yes that turbo is tiny, they used bigger turbos than that for twin setups on stock motors for our cars.

Why would you care about what I got for it?! I don't think that's your business. I could've asked $3000 and never sell it, that's up to me!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
Why would you care about what I got for it?! I don't think that's your business. I could've asked $3000 and never sell it, that's up to me!
Don't think he or any of us care what you got for it, he just made a simple statement which I agree with!!!! IMO If you got 1,500.00 someone got ripped

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Don't think he or any of us care what you got for it, he just made a simple statement which I agree with!!!! IMO If you got 1,500.00 someone got ripped

No he said "he hopes I didn't sell it for that much"...but that's ok. I sold it and the most important is that both I and the buyer were satisfied!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbStang View Post
No he said "he hopes I didn't sell it for that much"...but that's ok. I sold it and the most important is that both I and the buyer were satisfied!
Thats all that counts

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana

1) the turbo is probably sufficient, put a boost controller and if it supports 350hp then it works

2)lets add things up here $200 intercooler, $200 injectors,$600 turbo,$200 wastegate,$100 bov,say $50 worth of piping, and about $80 worth of boots and clamps==== grand total $1430...if he took 1400 for it then i dont see a problem with the sale, somebody just has to make the hot side, cant knock a guy for recooping what he paid and all of the parts will work for somebody wanting decent power gains,

3) how can you say the turbo looks small?? they are machining smaller housings and running large internals to make high boost with less lag, and just because some people are running bigger turbos doesent mean everybody has to or wants to...

if it had TMA stamped on the side, it would be held as gold
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
1) the turbo is probably sufficient, put a boost controller and if it supports 350hp then it works

2)lets add things up here $200 intercooler, $200 injectors,$600 turbo,$200 wastegate,$100 bov,say $50 worth of piping, and about $80 worth of boots and clamps==== grand total $1430...if he took 1400 for it then i dont see a problem with the sale, somebody just has to make the hot side, cant knock a guy for recooping what he paid and all of the parts will work for somebody wanting decent power gains,

3) how can you say the turbo looks small?? they are machining smaller housings and running large internals to make high boost with less lag, and just because some people are running bigger turbos doesent mean everybody has to or wants to...

if it had TMA stamped on the side, it would be held as gold
Hell I don't care what it had stamped on the side, ebay pipe kit + ebay intercooler + ebay turbo doesn't doesn't make for a great kit.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 AM   #15
Road Trip!

the ebay intercooler is the same one andy is using, i have thier distributer catalogue at our shop, there are like 3 companys making all intercoolers right now.

piping is piping, that is mandral bent aluminum tubing, same quality that a tma kit comes with

ebay turbo???? ebay doesent make turbos, its either made by garrett,borg warner, turbonetics,or precision, but i assure you its made by one of them.

the only thing i would be shady about is the cheapo BOV, but as long as it does its job then there is nothing wrong with it, i would just make sure it could hold up because thats a pretty important piece to the puzzle
Old 09-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
the ebay intercooler is the same one andy is using, i have thier distributer catalogue at our shop, there are like 3 companys making all intercoolers right now.

piping is piping, that is mandral bent aluminum tubing, same quality that a tma kit comes with

ebay turbo???? ebay doesent make turbos, its either made by garrett,borg warner, turbonetics,or precision, but i assure you its made by one of them.

the only thing i would be shady about is the cheapo BOV, but as long as it does its job then there is nothing wrong with it, i would just make sure it could hold up because thats a pretty important piece to the puzzle
1.) So who makes them?
2.) I guess it all does the same thing
3.) So the 179.99$ turbo on eBay are made buy garrett/bw/turbonetics/precision? maybe I should have bought them intead!
4.) Yeah ... alright....
Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
Road Trip!

ill let you know who makes it when i get back around the catalogue, but got compare the intercooler on tma site and the one in that pic^^ and tell mr they arent the same part...point is, most intercoolers out there are pretty good quality because there arent a bunch of different companies making them...look at the hp TT kit for cobras, they even look identical to the one pictured above....if you are so confident it is garbage parts listed, then show some proof of any of these parts failing on your application or not yeilding satisfactory results because im willing to bet power can be made with everything listed here and some hot piping fabrication.

as far as the turbo goes, how many companies do you really think make turbos??? i doubt there is somebody making them in thier garage....and i never said the best parts on the market, i said functional....its not a bad deal for somebody wanting to stay on a budget...

oh and lastly, dont bash anybody elses product unless you have something better to offer, i dont see any of your turbos on the market
Old 09-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Proof?
Google search any form about "ebay turbos" and read, maybe I'll go out to one of my friends house who made a budget setup from an "ebay" turbo and take pics of the turbo and his old motor for you. You really can't be that shallow -

Second you won't find it failing on my application because I WONT be putting eBay turbochargers on my car....
Old 09-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #19
Road Trip!

like you told me before, dont bash it if you are not making anything better, how did the turbo cause his **** to break?

as far as being shallow, you are the one bashing him for selling a budget type kit because it is not name brand that you prefer, who is truly the shallow one and close-minded?in my opinion if you can make the parts work then there is nothing wrong with it, not everybody is a v6 driving balla like yourself to afford the best parts on the market.

dont come in his sales thread and start talking about how he ****ed somebody on a deal because you personally wouldnt want it, just in case you havent noticed, nobody on this forum cares about your personal opinion enough to let it affect thier decision.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
like you told me before, dont bash it if you are not making anything better, how did the turbo cause his **** to break?

as far as being shallow, you are the one bashing him for selling a budget type kit because it is not name brand that you prefer, who is truly the shallow one and close-minded?in my opinion if you can make the parts work then there is nothing wrong with it, not everybody is a v6 driving balla like yourself to afford the best parts on the market.

dont come in his sales thread and start talking about how he ****ed somebody on a deal because you personally wouldnt want it, just in case you havent noticed, nobody on this forum cares about your personal opinion enough to let it affect thier decision.
Kit... Where is the Kit in this?
This is just a pipes, a turbo, and a wastegate absolutely nothing bolts up... Guess nobody cares about my opinion which is why I keep getting aim messages from the v6 guys asking me what to do ... yeah...

Has nothing to do with affording the best parts or "balling" the point is somebody who doesn't know crap may think they are getting a full bolt on kit... Everybody doesn't know exactly WTF their buying yes he said "he needs to finish it" but you know how many " so I have a turbocharger, is this all i need to turbo my car" people who are out their who would think this is pretty close to a "full kit" ?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
Road Trip!

i understand that it is not complete and that was pointed out in the second post...you were complaining about the quality of the parts. somebody said the hot piping was not there and would have to be fabbed.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

The way i see it is this is this guys F/S thread, not What do you think of these parts thread. If this was any other forum most of yall would be taking a temp vacation from here. I mean unless your interested in buy this guys stuff, keep your mouth shut or pm him, its only right. if the person that buys his stuff doesnt do his research first then shame on him/her.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows View Post
The way i see it is this is this guys F/S thread, not What do you think of these parts thread. If this was any other forum most of yall would be taking a temp vacation from here. I mean unless your interested in buy this guys stuff, keep your mouth shut or pm him, its only right. if the person that buys his stuff doesnt do his research first then shame on him/her.
thats what i was getting at
Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you Shadow and Orange for explaining Mr. "i know everything, but can't prove S$%#" to mind his own business and stop bashing others...and he really does that even on other forums, only he knows the reason why! If somebody expected a full bolt on kit for $1400, i don't really know what to tell him! Anyways, the kit is sold and nobody got ripped off so he shouldnt worry about that! I don't want this to go on forever...but the good thing is you guys put him in right place and explained him some things :thanks:
Old 09-17-2008, 04:12 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

well that was entertaining.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:39 AM   #26
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Please be advised of the forum rules here: http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t21081/

Quote:
Buyers

Please do not respond unless you are bidding, have intent to buy, have a question, or are adding something useful to the thread. Please try not to Lounge-ify the Classifieds. Any posts similar to "Man, that is way over priced" or "You can buy that cheaper somewhere else" will be deleted and you will receive a PM asking not to do that again.
Since this thread has run it's course I will go ahead and close it now.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted