How to sell a 2.3T setup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

How to sell a 2.3T setup

I am in possession of a 2.3 turbo engine, T-5 trans, and ECU/harness. The engine is disassembled as I was planning to build it for a future project. It is in excellent condition and the only reason I would even put new bearings/rings in it is because it has been taken apart.
I ended up buying a 2001 V-6 and so I won't be using the parts and was wondering if I should bother redoing it or leaving it apart before selling it. I see both sides of it. One person may want a good chance to throw other parts in or just do it themselves. Plus they may not trust a home builder to have done a decent job. On the other hand many might like to have an assembled engine intake to oil pan ready to drop in. It does have a freshly redone turbo (never even installed), and I would like to get as much for it as I can while not ripping anyone off. Should I even bother assembling it or leave it and sell it as is?
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: How to sell a 2.3T setup

Leave it as is, where are you at, and how much you want for it?

I ask because I Want it depending on your price and the cost of shipping. I'm working on putting my 81 back together for a daily and this would save me from rebuilding the I4 I have in the back yard as well as searching for a trans for it since I tossed mine.

So, how much ya want and do you have some pics? Seriously interested here.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone have a clue as to how much I should ask either way? I can't this complete of a setup anywhere to use as a reference (short of a whole donor car). I have everything from the cooling fan to the clutch. I mean everything. K&N filter, vane meter, sensors, injectors (brown top), harness, top mount intercooler, even the plugs and wires from when it last ran. The block has never been bored, nor the crank cut. I would do the normal redo stuff (hone, journal polish, ect.), but it needs nothing else. Heck, the clutch looks brand new. Just wondering what it is worth.
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

$500 plus shipping

Anyhow...I'm going to poke around as well and see what they are going for other places and see if I Can't shoot you some links.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
$500 plus shipping

Anyhow...I'm going to poke around as well and see what they are going for other places and see if I Can't shoot you some links.
You've been a great help. After I'm done checking, you might end up with a deal. Just want to be fair on both ends. You do know how much the shipping alone on what may be 500# + will be right?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcpony View Post
You've been a great help. After I'm done checking, you might end up with a deal. Just want to be fair on both ends. You do know how much the shipping alone on what may be 500# + will be right?
Not really, but I'll look into it if I need to. I posted this up on the other forum that could probably sell this motor quick, but I haven't received many responses yet. This is the only
response so far:

Link -> What is a reasonable price for a complete 2.3L turbo and trans - Four Eyed Forums

Quote:
Since it is disassembled, I wouldnt pay more than about $300 for all of it. I would say for a good running example, you should pay between 400-600.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
Road Trip!

shippings gonna be about 200, at least thats what it was for both of the gt motors i had shipped for my car
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I found shipping for $500 so far. Who did you ship through for $200?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Road Trip!

id remember, the seller arranged it. i wanta say united carriers. where is the motor? my dad drives a big rig, he might be able to grab it for ya one day.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Ohio
Old 07-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
Road Trip!

nevermind, he never goes there.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

we will be driving near there in sept...we'll put the trans and some of the parts in my trunk...the block and some more parts in your trunk.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #13
Road Trip!

ummm 2: mikeys and kyles trunk maybe...
Old 07-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Why, you have no liner like me right?
Old 07-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
Road Trip!

i got a liner, its the 1/4 panel im worried about..ever seen a backwards dent in your 1/4 panel.......no? you will if you put a transmission in it...
Old 07-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Nah, I have no liner, the trans will fit nicely down in the spare tire well.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Email sent. I have to go do the work thing. I'll get back on tonight when I get home. (0030)
500 seems to about the going rate. Let me know!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted