Cobra Emblems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Cobra Emblems

Ok well Im looking for a set of Cobra emblems for my 94 GT, looking for the grill and both fender emblems. Please let me know if you have any you want to sell or where I could get a set reasonable.

thanks
wvstang5.0ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Cobra Emblems

putting emblems that dont belong on your car is 100% wrong sorry thats pretty much what you will get on any car forum~ just dont do it. Plus it will look very much out of place since the rear probably says GT, you dont have a cobra front, and I can spot a fake badged mustang from a mile away and ... they loose all credibility from 90% of mustang modifiers. Dont mean to be rude just trying to save you a mistake.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

what to do instead is a mach 1 front grill delete kit.... and the only other acceptable badging is your size motor in cubic inches
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
putting emblems that dont belong on your car is 100% wrong sorry thats pretty much what you will get on any car forum~ just dont do it. Plus it will look very much out of place since the rear probably says GT, you dont have a cobra front, and I can spot a fake badged mustang from a mile away and ... they loose all credibility from 90% of mustang modifiers. Dont mean to be rude just trying to save you a mistake.
Well sorry to offend you, It does have the Cobra hood,bumper, rear wing,brakes, and no it doesnt say GT on the rear. Like I said tho I am new to the Mustangs and dont know to much about them, I was wondering about the front bumper cause I thought most of them had round fogs until I seen a few more here local that was the same as mine and I also seen the round so did they make 2 different styles or is mine wrong?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

The thing is, having the cobra body kit and having a cobra are 2 different things. Once you put a cobra badge on your car it makes people think you have a cobra. As long as you have a GT motor, you do not have a cobra. As long as your VIN comes back as a mustang GT, you do not have a cobra.

It is when people put these cobra emblems on their car that the ricers of the world rejoice. Then, when they beat said "cobra" in a race ,they can all go brag to their buddies how they just laid waste to a cobra. Then, those of us with cobras have to go back out there and completely rape these fools to trying a bring any little bit of respect back to the cobra moniker.

Basically, misbadging a car is the #1 most wrong thing you could ever do. Just because it has badges on it, doesn't not make it a cobra. Kind of like the bone head I saw yesterday on the dyno that had cobra emblems, cobra R wing, cobra R front bumber, and a lame aftermarket hood....with a 2 valve GT motor under the hood. He tried convincing us all it was a 2002 Cobra. Um, no. It's not.

You have a GT, be proud of that. Don't try and pass it off as a cobra when it isn't. Once you pop your hood, anyone in the know will quickly point out it isn't a cobra.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
Road Trip!

my 02 gt has cobra emblems wtf?2:
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
my 02 gt has cobra emblems wtf?2:
Poser.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
The thing is, having the cobra body kit and having a cobra are 2 different things. Once you put a cobra badge on your car it makes people think you have a cobra. As long as you have a GT motor, you do not have a cobra. As long as your VIN comes back as a mustang GT, you do not have a cobra.

It is when people put these cobra emblems on their car that the ricers of the world rejoice. Then, when they beat said "cobra" in a race ,they can all go brag to their buddies how they just laid waste to a cobra. Then, those of us with cobras have to go back out there and completely rape these fools to trying a bring any little bit of respect back to the cobra moniker.

Basically, misbadging a car is the #1 most wrong thing you could ever do. Just because it has badges on it, doesn't not make it a cobra. Kind of like the bone head I saw yesterday on the dyno that had cobra emblems, cobra R wing, cobra R front bumber, and a lame aftermarket hood....with a 2 valve GT motor under the hood. He tried convincing us all it was a 2002 Cobra. Um, no. It's not.

You have a GT, be proud of that. Don't try and pass it off as a cobra when it isn't. Once you pop your hood, anyone in the know will quickly point out it isn't a cobra.
Well I can understand that and respect that and see just a NOOB mistake I guess, LOL. But my motor is not by any meens stock and my buddies real 01 Cobra cannot touch me. But thanks for the insite on that whole thing, i just thought they would look better than the other emblems. I think I will just try and find me a set of 306 emblems to put on the fenders and be done with it, any info on where I could find any?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
Road Trip!

what??? its an 02 cobra!!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvstang5.0ho View Post
Well I can understand that and respect that and see just a NOOB mistake I guess, LOL. But my motor is not by any meens stock and my buddies real 01 Cobra cannot touch me. But thanks for the insite on that whole thing, i just thought they would look better than the other emblems. I think I will just try and find me a set of 306 emblems to put on the fenders and be done with it, any info on where I could find any?
Not sure on the emblem part, but, instead of putting the cobra badges on, I would leave the GT ones there and represent as a GT. It is a much better feat to beat a car as a GT than it is to beat it as a Cobra. If a car that should be a GT of your year every day of the week, and then you completely pull him down the road, then you have given him a much bigger kick in the balls than if he thinks he is running a cobra.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ok well besides the intake how would they be able to tell it wasnt a Cobra motor ?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
what??? its an 02 cobra!!!!!
In that case....G'day mate. let's put another shrimp on the barbie!!!!

Oh, and your steering wheel needs to go back on the other side of the car
Old 07-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not sure on the emblem part, but, instead of putting the cobra badges on, I would leave the GT ones there and represent as a GT. It is a much better feat to beat a car as a GT than it is to beat it as a Cobra. If a car that should be a GT of your year every day of the week, and then you completely pull him down the road, then you have given him a much bigger kick in the balls than if he thinks he is running a cobra.
LOL, very nicely put.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Ok well besides the intake how would they be able to tell it wasnt a Cobra motor ?
So you're going to take your intake off before you open your hood? That is the first thing people will see. Beyond that, there are other means I'm sure. Whether it be valve covers, or whatever. I'm not up on the differences between 94/95 cobras and GT motors...but if they are like 96+ gts vs cobras....a 4 valve head is a lot different than a 2 valve...
Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So you're going to take your intake off before you open your hood? That is the first thing people will see. Beyond that, there are other means I'm sure. Whether it be valve covers, or whatever. I'm not up on the differences between 94/95 cobras and GT motors...but if they are like 96+ gts vs cobras....a 4 valve head is a lot different than a 2 valve...
I dont know to much about them but, Im sure the only thing Cobra on my motor is the upper & lower intake. But I could be wrong, I am waiting on the spec sheet from the guy that built my motor. But anyway I understand where your coming from and repect that, and I think Im going to take you up on leaving the GT emblems on it you made a very good point to me. thanks
Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #16
Road Trip!

intake is the only way to tell, on his year model its really no big deal.. i get away with it because majority of mine is cobra now.it looked funny with pony emblems, everybody kept asking if it was a v6....2:it had slp loudmouth on a cobra motor lol>>worlds loudest v6!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #17
Road Trip!

i would put cobra ones just to piss everybody off
Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
intake is the only way to tell, on his year model its really no big deal.. i get away with it because majority of mine is cobra now.it looked funny with pony emblems, everybody kept asking if it was a v6....2:it had slp loudmouth on a cobra motor lol>>worlds loudest v6!!!!
And the Vin would still come back as a GT....
Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL, ya thats kind of crazy, no way it sounded like a 6. But in mu opinion it is really close to being one and thought it would look better with those emblems but I see what he meens.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And the Vin would still come back as a GT....
that wouldnt be hard to change, LOL.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Um, you're going to change the vin on the car? or change the vin record in the national database? Both of those would be rather illegal.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i would put cobra ones just to piss everybody off
LOL, I just joined the forum I dont want everyone pissed at me already, LOL
Old 07-11-2008, 12:55 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Um, you're going to change the vin on the car? or change the vin record in the national database? Both of those would be rather illegal.
Um, remember this is WV there is alot worse things we do here then change vin #'s.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #24
Road Trip!

its fine, i havent been here long and most of them hate me... sparkplug only been on here a week and nobody likes him!!!!

who cares about a vintag? let somebody argue that mine isnt a cobra, it has more cobra parts than some cobras...lol
Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
LOL, I just joined the forum I dont want everyone pissed at me already, LOL
lol, yeah, pace yourself. You need to give it a few months at least before you start getting on everyone's nerves. Hell, look at thomas, I think he was ok for a while when he first joined up, now everyone thinks he's a tard.

Now, spark plug on the other hand, well, he just jumped in and made the biggest splash he could.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #26
Road Trip!

yeah, sparkplug is a dick
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Um, remember this is WV there is alot worse things we do here then change vin #'s.
2:like humping sheep??

i wanna watch...
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
yeah, sparkplug is a dick
Hey, you are what you eat...or so they say.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Then dont put those emblems on
Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
its fine, i havent been here long and most of them hate me... sparkplug only been on here a week and nobody likes him!!!!

who cares about a vintag? let somebody argue that mine isnt a cobra, it has more cobra parts than some cobras...lol
Well that is a very sweet Cobra wanna be you have there, LOL
Old 07-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
2:like humping sheep??

i wanna watch...
No never tryed that, but if I decide to I will send you a link to the video:fu2: ,LOL
Old 07-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #32
Road Trip!

thanks for the complement...about time somebody apreciates a"real car" but im thinking of upgrading to an eaton m112 v6

i dont reccomend giving me a video of something so incriminating...im on the internet alot at work...
Old 07-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

the 94/05 gt and cobras share many many things, same basic engine just different heads/intake/cam mostly~ the 96+ are drastically different gt vs v6. Anyone that really knows mustangs knows that the 94/95 gt is just as respectable as the cobra since anyone that builds the engine would most likely change the parts that make one a cobra over a gt.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
the 94/05 gt and cobras share many many things, same basic engine just different heads/intake/cam mostly~ the 96+ are drastically different gt vs v6. Anyone that really knows mustangs knows that the 94/95 gt is just as respectable as the cobra since anyone that builds the engine would most likely change the parts that make one a cobra over a gt.

what i meant, just alot more typing lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted