Wanted: Need lowering springs for 14 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Need lowering springs for 14 V6

As the tittle says, I'm looking to get a set of lowering springs for my 2014 V6. I don't plan on going beyond 1.5' /where I need to get extra parts to make everything realign. So basically 1.25 to1.35 drop for rear and front. Please let me know if you've a set you wanna sell. Cheers

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have a set of ford racing springs brand new in box
mgwarrior350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwarrior350 View Post
I have a set of ford racing springs brand new in box
V6 or GT? The engine weight has to be considered for the front springs.
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Gt
mgwarrior350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not too sure about the specs, but could GT springs be used on V6? OR if they would cause alignment problems/poor ride quality?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I'm not too sure about the specs, but could GT springs be used on V6? OR if they would cause alignment problems/poor ride quality?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
When I purchased my sr springs they where listed as v6/gt. My front is lower than the rear.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
When I purchased my sr springs they where listed as v6/gt. My front is lower than the rear.
That's interesting, did they ask you at checkout if you have gt or a v6? Or if you have it mentioned on your profile where they can get an idea from?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's interesting, did they ask you at checkout if you have gt or a v6? Or if you have it mentioned on your profile where they can get an idea from?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
No I just selected the sr performance springs and added them to the cart. There wasnt a drop down box or a spot for car options. Check out the details on am's site.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No I just selected the sr performance springs and added them to the cart. There wasnt a drop down box or a spot for car options. Check out the details on am's site.
Just wondering, isn't the rear end supposed to be lower than front? - for traction and stuff. But it also makes sense if front is lower, better handling and nosedive.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just wondering, isn't the rear end supposed to be lower than front? - for traction and stuff. But it also makes sense if front is lower, better handling and nosedive.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Yea these springs completely changed the feel and ride of the car. The exit ramps and certain turns in the road where challenging if you tried taking them to fast. I took my car down some light traffic back roads sunday and opened it up and even with my stock struts, springs, and 17" tires the car did great. I can post some pics tomorrow of the stance if your interested.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea these springs completely changed the feel and ride of the car. The exit ramps and certain turns in the road where challenging if you tried taking them to fast. I took my car down some light traffic back roads sunday and opened it up and even with my stock struts, springs, and 17" tires the car did great. I can post some pics tomorrow of the stance if your interested.
Perfect, that be awesome if you could post some pictures. Any idea how much it lowered your car? I know AM says 1.5', did you have to add a panhand bar/camber bolts n plates to make it align properly?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Perfect, that be awesome if you could post some pictures. Any idea how much it lowered your car? I know AM says 1.5', did you have to add a panhand bar/camber bolts n plates to make it align properly?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
The alignment is perfect, no on the caster camber plates but I did buy the adjustable panhard bar. The rear of my car moved just a little. It's not enough to notice but I couldn't leave it that way. Actually I will install my panhard bar tomorrow or friday. If it's not 1.5 it's really close.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The alignment is perfect, no on the caster camber plates but I did buy the adjustable panhard bar. The rear of my car moved just a little. It's not enough to notice but I couldn't leave it that way. Actually I will install my panhard bar tomorrow or friday. If it's not 1.5 it's really close.
Makes sense, I actually don't wanna buy anything extra to go with a set of aggressive springs. I guess you don't really need a panhard bar with anything less than 1.35' right?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-24-2014, 12:08 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Need lowering springs for 14 V6

Springs have be used on 05-14 GT & v6.

I have roush lowering springs 1" in the front and 1.25" drop in the rear for $150 if you would like them!

And if you are lowering your car AT ALL I would HIGHLY recommend getting a panhard bar. For the price it's not really an inconvenience. You won't regret it. I just picked up the BMR adjustable panhard bar. With any drop your rear axel will begin shifting - even the slightest bit.
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

The up close pic is the left front tire
Old 04-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The up close pic is the left front tire
Cheers, thanks man. I might be wrong but I guess the rear should be lower than front. Most springs you see out in the market are specially designed for this stance. Again I might be wrong, just double check yours when you install pan hard bar

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
Springs have be used on 05-14 GT & v6.

I have roush lowering springs 1" in the front and 1.25" drop in the rear for $150 if you would like them!

And if you are lowering your car AT ALL I would HIGHLY recommend getting a panhard bar. For the price it's not really an inconvenience. You won't regret it. I just picked up the BMR adjustable panhard bar. With any drop your rear axel will begin shifting - even the slightest bit.
Pm sent

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cheers, thanks man. I might be wrong but I guess the rear should be lower than front. Most springs you see out in the market are specially designed for this stance. Again I might be wrong, just double check yours when you install pan hard bar

|| BlackOnBlack ||
I've used almost every brand of lowering springs on my previous stangs with the same results. My personal preference though I like the back up a tad bit for staggered wheels, but thats just me. The eibach sport lines give an even drop. Hope I helped you a bit.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've used almost every brand of lowering springs on my previous stangs with the same results. My personal preference though I like the back up a tad bit for staggered wheels, but thats just me. The eibach sport lines give an even drop. Hope I helped you a bit.
Ah makes sense then, thanks for the info!! I 'might' be upgrading to a GT next year, hence I don't wanna spend too much $$$ modding my V6 and spending the same amount again.. From scratch lol

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 04-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Any Springs near texas?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Most parts like suspension and non performance parts are switchable with the v6/GT. When I traded my v6 in on my 5.0 I took all my mods off and switched them over. Everything down to the two post shift bracket lol
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted