Wanted: Black out decklid panel CDC, RTR - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Black out decklid panel CDC, RTR

Please! Ill do anything I hate my faux gas cap! If anyone has one or knows were I can find one let me know. Thanks!
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Just paint your trunk area where the deck lid would go, then put the running hoarse on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Just paint your trunk area where the deck lid would go, then put the running hoarse on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This does not solve my problem I want to remove the faux gas cap. And the have a flat running decklid. Just like the cobra in NFS.
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMckV8 View Post
This does not solve my problem I want to remove the faux gas cap. And the have a flat running decklid. Just like the cobra in NFS.
It will be the same thing. Remove the faux gas cap, then paint the area. Then install the hoarse.

The rtr is curved just like the trunk not flat, it can be done, just use your head, kids these days want everything handed to them, where there is a will there is a way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Some prep work will be involved, sanding down the hum from the decklid ect.

Or wait for the rtr decklid, which will be a long wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
It will be the same thing. Remove the faux gas cap, then paint the area. Then install the hoarse.

The rtr is curved just like the trunk not flat, it can be done, just use your head, kids these days want everything handed to them, where there is a will there is a way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If I take out the gas cap there will be a hole in the decklid. No?
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMckV8 View Post
If I take out the gas cap there will be a hole in the decklid. No?
Yes, that's why I said prep work will be involved.
It can be done, just takes some good old fashioned body work.

The wait for the rtr is going to be awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Pop it off, cut some vinyl, put the vinyl on, and then paint it. Or just pop off the entire decklid assembly, sand it, and paint it.
Or take off the entire trunk lid, get a 2010-2012 one, pop the emblem off, and cut some vinyl or paint it.
You can even dremmel out the bumps/ridges or emblems footprint if it leaves one behind.
Or a combo of any of these steps.
There are literally a million different ways to do it.

Or just get a CDC decklid. Or a Trufiber. Or just make your own decklid to sit flat out of some fiber glass. Or plastic. Or anything really.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
This is in the wrong section BTW
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
This is in the wrong section BTW
Well originally it was not. Now it is.
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Pop it off, cut some vinyl, put the vinyl on, and then paint it. Or just pop off the entire decklid assembly, sand it, and paint it.
Or take off the entire trunk lid, get a 2010-2012 one, pop the emblem off, and cut some vinyl or paint it.
You can even dremmel out the bumps/ridges or emblems footprint if it leaves one behind.
Or a combo of any of these steps.
There are literally a million different ways to do it.

Or just get a CDC decklid. Or a Trufiber. Or just make your own decklid to sit flat out of some fiber glass. Or plastic. Or anything really.
This sounds far beyond my skill level.
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMckV8 View Post
This sounds far beyond my skill level.
Well keep waiting then bud.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Well keep waiting then bud.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
More for the fact of the paint. Would it not be difficult to match the OEM paint in the hole?
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMckV8 View Post
This sounds far beyond my skill level.
It's really not that hard. It may sound really hard, but it isn't that bad. Time consuming? Yes. frustrating? Definitely. But I'm sure you could do it.
Basically anything besides cutting/welding and advanced bodywork/painting I do myself/with a buddy. It may take 3-4 times as long as a shop would do it, but all that saved money means more mods! And you get a great sense of accomplishment when you do it yourself.
As you mod more and more you will be surprised at what you can do that you didn't think you would be able to do!

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMckV8 View Post
More for the fact of the paint. Would it not be difficult to match the OEM paint in the hole?
Order a thing of touch up paint. $20-$30.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMckV8 View Post
More for the fact of the paint. Would it not be difficult to match the OEM paint in the hole?
As far as painting I would have someone professional do the paint work. Just do all the body/ prep work yourself. Or go the vinyl route, just fill in the hokes first.

I assume you are going to go black, which if not done correctly is worse for orange peel then other colors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
It's really not that hard. It may sound really hard, but it isn't that bad. Time consuming? Yes. frustrating? Definitely. But I'm sure you could do it.
Basically anything besides cutting/welding and advanced bodywork/painting I do myself/with a buddy. It may take 3-4 times as long as a shop would do it, but all that saved money means more mods! And you get a great sense of accomplishment when you do it yourself.
As you mod more and more you will be surprised at what you can do that you didn't think you would be able to do!

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------


Order a thing of touch up paint. $20-$30.
I'm going to have to do this if you guys think it is my only option.
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Only you know what you will be happy with. I couldn't take the wait for an RTR and went with Trufiber and I love it


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
EMckV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Only you know what you will be happy with. I couldn't take the wait for an RTR and went with Trufiber and I love it


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I saw that. I like it but how does it fit? And look.. I'm not that big on carbon fiber. A lot of people have told me the fit is not as clean as the rtr.
__________________
15 Year old American Mustang - Carbon Fiber Horseshoes, Leather Recaro Saddle

2013 Grabber Blue GT - 6 speed manual, Boss coil covers
EMckV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMckV8 View Post
I saw that. I like it but how does it fit? And look.. I'm not that big on carbon fiber. A lot of people have told me the fit is not as clean as the rtr.

Well no fit is as clean as the RTR. You have to actually cut into your decklid for that
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408993993.721480.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	850.6 KB
ID:	164329

I love mine


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RTR decklid purchased! 2014oxstang 2011-2014 Mustang GT 949 12-29-2016 11:06 AM
RTR Decklid Panel for 13-14 V6 BlackedOutStang 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 9 10-28-2014 02:41 PM
buying a 2013 mustang gloss black decklid panel geepoons Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 01-16-2013 07:30 PM
Black Decklid Panel sixxerstang Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 32 01-16-2013 07:03 PM
My Second Mod...Flat Black Decklid Panel Quiz 2011-2014 Mustang GT 16 12-23-2009 03:01 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.