Wanted: GT front brake take offs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
GT front brake take offs

Looking primarily for the GT caliper bracket but the entire caliper set up will work too. Just want to slightly upgrade my brakes a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You're best would be to go with aftermarket rotors and pads. Going to GT caliper/brakes are not going to make any 'significant' difference for those panic stops from 80-100mph. I'd suggest EBC slotted rotors and hawk HPS 5.0 pads. Autoanything has em sale if you wanna check em out.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What tires do you have? That plays a big roll. The tires are what actually stops the car, the brakes just initiate it, and help stop it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I havnt had tobuse my tires to stop yet lol. I think ive birnt out in then 3 time since getting them last December and 2 times it was raining.

I am deffinatly going to upgrade the pads but I'm also going to upgrade my fluid, (might use ATE Super Blue. I heard it's a very good high temp Dot 4 fluid) and upgrade to stainless steel braided lines. I just want everything off my car first so i can clean and paint the calipers get everything ready that way I can just remove my stock and install it all at once. but I also just want the bigger rotors to help dissipate more heat. I know, there has got to be a reason the PP came with the GT rotors right?
Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The PP package does have GT rotors but from 05-09 era (12.4''), not same as coyote which has 13.2"

I have PP too and I ordered 13.2" rotors by mistake, only to realize it wouldn't clear my calipers. Stock V6 brakes are 11.x" I belive

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

But yeah I'm going SS lines along side high performance dot 4 brake fluid and pads, which should help quite a bit.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 10-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
The PP package does have GT rotors but from 05-09 era (12.4''), not same as coyote which has 13.2"

I have PP too and I ordered 13.2" rotors by mistake, only to realize it wouldn't clear my calipers. Stock V6 brakes are 11.x" I belive

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
I see, the things they dont tell you...well then it will be a much better upgrade for me then! getting an extra 1.5" inches of surface area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
But yeah I'm going SS lines along side high performance dot 4 brake fluid and pads, which should help quite a bit.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Oh for sure. the combination of everything should help make everything perform much better.

I just hate how when i go out and do a little spirited driving my brakes just lose their ability to grip and i find myself really having to press hard on the pedal to slow down.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have entire GT brakes I got from Roush. Literally entire brakes lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I replaced my 13 GT front brakes with a Baer/Shelby upgrade at 11k miles - nothing wrong with the originals, I'm just beefing up for track days. They aren't light - shipping from Los Angeles to ...?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Classified Forums *20 Posts Required* > Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted